Mock of integrity (meaning my one and only)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsinNV

UDFA
Rams get lucky with a run on Tackles early and Dallas wants to trade up for their guy. This also leaves a number of players on the board at 19 that the Rams like, giving them the confidence to trade down.

Rams get 24 and 87 for 19 and 155.

24. Johnny Newton —DT

Rams fans celebrate the extra draft capital for about a day until McVay pisses off half the board by moving up for his new toy.

Giants only have 6 picks and move down a few slots in the second round for the extra selection.

Rams get 47, 107 and 183 for 52, 99, 154 and 209.

47. Xavier Legette-WR
*don’t think he makes it past the Giants, Jags, Bengals, Eagles and Steelers to pick 53. Fans (some anyway)are not thrilled because he won’t play a whole lot this year until second half but he can play that X position and has kick return ability. Also red flag that he only has the one year of solid production in college.

83. Marshawn Kneeland-Edge
Just the top guy that fell really.
87. McKinley Jackson-DT
*More of a nose tackle in my poor man’s scouting opinion.
107. Jaylan Ford -LB
*Rams have met with him this offseason. A bit of a reach but I feel like that every year(most thought Kobie Turner was a reach)
183. Hoping a guy that can be our backup center and guard depth falls here. Beaux Limmer or Tannor Bartolini. If not then the same thought at the tackle position and a guy like Matt Goncalves.
196. Jaylen Harrell-Edge
*Rams have met with him this offseason. I also like Xavier Thomas here.
213. Kimani Vidal -RB
Maurice Jones-Drew comp but hasn’t knocked out his girlfriend in an elevator yet (to my knowledge anyway)
217. Tip Reiman- TE
I just want to watch McVay’s offense with a Tight end that is 271 lbs and surprisingly athletic with good hands.
254. Qwan’tez Stiggers-CB
Players who have this level of athletic ability are not often available at this point in the draft.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great work and appreciate the sharing, IMO, I think they go CB earlier and I also believe they will drat a kicker.

That being posted the Xavier Legette trade up makes sense I can see that. I love Newton and I would want a RB bigger then Kimani Vidal.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
You got the wrong running back knocking out his GF. MJD did not do that. You are thinking Ray Rice.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Hard to imagine the Cowboys who did next to nothing in free agency and bank upon building their team through the draft would trade up for anybody and leave themselves with no selections for about 100 picks (2nd round to mid 5th round).

RamsinNV

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apologies to Jones-Drew.

I see all these fan mocks with trade downs but it’s really hard to find a team willing to give up those 2nd or third round picks; particularly in the mid round range like the Rams.

Bottom line I’m always wrong on my projections. The best I’ve ever done was mocking Chris Long and David Vobora in 2008. I usually say who? At least once on a Rams selection no matter how much time I spend looking at this stuff. In McSnead I trust and I have less free time than ever. I just have a feeling about Legette and have come to prefer Newton in the first.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I’m still in the CB/Edge/DE range for the pick at #19 because I believe Turner was selected last year as the heir apparent to Donald and moves into a role more representative of a DT.

After that, my favorite picks of yours are:
Legette (if he gets past the niners and chiefs, I would love to see the Rams move up for him. He certainly won’t be there at #52)

Jackson (there’s the depth on the DL the Rams should address later in this draft)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rams get lucky with a run on Tackles early and Dallas wants to trade up for their guy. This also leaves a number of players on the board at 19 that the Rams like, giving them the confidence to trade down.

Rams get 24 and 87 for 19 and 155.

24. Johnny Newton —DT

Rams fans celebrate the extra draft capital for about a day until McVay pisses off half the board by moving up for his new toy.

Giants only have 6 picks and move down a few slots in the second round for the extra selection.

Rams get 47, 107 and 183 for 52, 99, 154 and 209.

47. Xavier Legette-WR
*don’t think he makes it past the Giants, Jags, Bengals, Eagles and Steelers to pick 53. Fans (some anyway)are not thrilled because he won’t play a whole lot this year until second half but he can play that X position and has kick return ability. Also red flag that he only has the one year of solid production in college.

83. Marshawn Kneeland-Edge
Just the top guy that fell really.
87. McKinley Jackson-DT
*More of a nose tackle in my poor man’s scouting opinion.
107. Jaylan Ford -LB
*Rams have met with him this offseason. A bit of a reach but I feel like that every year(most thought Kobie Turner was a reach)
183. Hoping a guy that can be our backup center and guard depth falls here. Beaux Limmer or Tannor Bartolini. If not then the same thought at the tackle position and a guy like Matt Goncalves.
196. Jaylen Harrell-Edge
*Rams have met with him this offseason. I also like Xavier Thomas here.
213. Kimani Vidal -RB
Maurice Jones-Drew comp but hasn’t knocked out his girlfriend in an elevator yet (to my knowledge anyway)
217. Tip Reiman- TE
I just want to watch McVay’s offense with a Tight end that is 271 lbs and surprisingly athletic with good hands.
254. Qwan’tez Stiggers-CB
Players who have this level of athletic ability are not often available at this point in the draft.
Liked the draft until this pick. Tip Reiman doesn't believe that baby birds exist. I don't want that sort of stupidity anywhere near this team. And we don't need a tight end, and this tight end class after Bowers, Sanders, and Holker sucks.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Good overall draft. I totally get the Xavier Leggete trade up in the 2nd round. Just sounds like a very McSnead thing to do.

Heh... I'm warning my fellow Rams fans right now to 'gird their loins' so to speak because something like this is going to happen.

And ROD may explode but in all honesty Rams fans should be anticipating a move like this.
And if Leggete can be a true X wide out this could be an excellent pick.

~ArkyRamsFan~

RamsinNV

UDFA
Memento- I can’t find a video of Tip Rieman making his comments about birds not existing. All I found are a few articles. I have watched a number of his interviews and he is fairly articulate. He is a religious guy and believes in serving others; very much a team guy. I have no doubt that he made those comments but I want to see it in person to judge for myself if this was just satire . I believe it was as from what I’ve seen the entire birds are fake movement is satire and designed to get a reaction from others. He’s seems like a bit of a joker from what I’ve seen. I think he got the reaction he wanted from you and you bought it hook line and sinker. Show me the video and I may change my opinion.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Memento- I can’t find a video of Tip Rieman making his comments about birds not existing. All I found are a few articles. I have watched a number of his interviews and he is fairly articulate. He is a religious guy and believes in serving others; very much a team guy. I have no doubt that he made those comments but I want to see it in person to judge for myself if this was just satire . I believe it was as from what I’ve seen the entire birds are fake movement is satire and designed to get a reaction from others. He’s seems like a bit of a joker from what I’ve seen. I think he got the reaction he wanted from you and you bought it hook line and sinker. Show me the video and I may change my opinion.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ieve-birds-are-real-explains-his-wild-theory/

Memento

Name
Jemma
From the article:
"Whether Reiman is being satirical or not, some theorize that birds are actually drones that operate as spies for the government. "

He said he follows that theory. I'm sorry, I don't want his idiocy anywhere near this team.

RamsinNV

UDFA
Some common synonyms of satire are humor, irony, repartee, sarcasm, and wit

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
news tech GIF by NowThis

Bird vs. Drone

Memento

Name
Jemma
news tech GIF by NowThis

Bird vs. Drone

Drones ain't got shit on crows or ravens. Those birds are highly intelligent and hold grudges, and send murders of crows (or unkindnesses and conspiracies in the case of ravens; yes, that's the actual name for groups of ravens). No wonder why this one attacked the drone; a similar drone probably hurt that crow.

Anyway, if Reiman wants to believe that baby birds don't exist (which I have photo proof they do; I took a pic of a couple of robin hatchlings), more power to him. I just don't want that stupidity (and if he WAS being satirical, why say it at the Combine, where everything is scrutinized? Either he used poor judgment on the satire or he's an idiot.) anywhere near my team.

RamsinNV

UDFA
Maybe he wasn’t concerned because he had an idea of the numbers he was going to put up at the combine at 6’5” and 271 lbs.

40 yard- 4.64
3 cone- 7.02
Bench- 28
Broad jump - 10’1”
Hands - 10.5”
Vert - 33.5”

GBN’s lates big board has him at #141. Up about 80 spots since I had mentioned him in the sleepers thread.

Does anyone else want to see a big bodied TE in this offense next year like Tip or Brevyn Spann-Ford? Granted the position is not a top priority but getting impressive athleticism in later picks can be a good strategy to find players that might contribute.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Maybe he wasn’t concerned because he had an idea of the numbers he was going to put up at the combine at 6’5” and 271 lbs.

40 yard- 4.64
3 cone- 7.02
Bench- 28
Broad jump - 10’1”
Hands - 10.5”
Vert - 33.5”

GBN’s lates big board has him at #141. Up about 80 spots since I had mentioned him in the sleepers thread.

Does anyone else want to see a big bodied TE in this offense next year like Tip or Brevyn Spann-Ford? Granted the position is not a top priority but getting impressive athleticism in later picks can be a good strategy to find players that might contribute.
It's not a top priority at all. Maybe - and I mean maybe - next year, when Long and possibly Higbee are gone and if Parkinson and Allen turn up bad, but absolutely not now when you have four really good tight ends to start out with. To me, that's a wasted pick in a very bad tight end class.

I don't consider Reiman to be a draftable prospect because, quite simply, I don't give a shit about the Combine, unless we're talking character and intelligence (not the Wonderlic either). He did not show intelligence by quoting - even if it is satire, which I truly doubt - a conspiracy theory and basically defending it.

He's a blocking tight end in an inferior class. No thank you.

RamsinNV

UDFA
6th round comp picks need to be based on this year’s top priority needs? That makes sense because those late round picks almost always contribute immediately.

Question: why did you take Rasheed Ali with a 6th round comp pick in your last mock if you had already taken Jaylen Wright in the second round? Is a third string RB (at best) a top priority?

Memento

Name
Jemma
6th round comp picks need to be based on this year’s top priority needs? That makes sense because those late round picks almost always contribute immediately.

Question: why did you take Rasheed Ali with a 6th round comp pick in your last mock if you had already taken Jaylen Wright in the second round? Is a third string RB (at best) a top priority?
Kick returner. And there's no guarantee K-Will stays healthy. I simply don't like Reiman, and I don't see the need for a tight end when we already have four that could potentially start for us.