Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah, screw that. If they want a player bad enough the commodes can take the small loss in points on the trade chart. 19 for 36 &40 or go home.

I’d consider throwing in a third if it was for Carolina’s two second round picks. 33 is the cat bird’s seat of day two. They could possibly turn that into a slight move back and a fourth round pick or better.
So, 19 for 36 & 40 and they can shove it if they want the 3rd? That doesn't seem terrible to me. That could potentially land us a combo of:
Edge: Chop (if he in fact falls out of 1st), Braswell, Kneeland
CB - Wiggins, Rakestraw
LB - Cooper, Wilson
OT - Paul
WR - McConkey, AD Mitchell, Pearsall
DT - Newton, Fiske, Jenkins

If the board fell right and we did this trade and somehow ended up with Chop and Newton I'd be over the damn moon. That said, highly unlikely. But, a combo of the above is likely better then just picking 1 guy at 19 potentially.
Both DJ and Peter Schrager have the Rams completely trading out of the first round.

That will make for a very frustrating evening. They already have 11 picks.

It is okay to make a first round pick.

We will see tonight.

Maybe the Rams shock us.
Schragers trade is 19 for 32, 64, 131. Then we traded out of 32 with NEP for: 34, 68

So in total, we acquire: 34, 64, 68, 131 That is quite a haul for essentially moving down 15 picks. I'd probably be good with it, especially if guys we like are falling.

dang

Legend
So, 19 for 36 & 40 and they can shove it if they want the 3rd? That doesn't seem terrible to me. That could potentially land us a combo of:
CB - Wiggins, Rakestraw
LB - Cooper, Wilson
OT - Paul

If the board fell right and we did this trade and somehow ended up with Chop and Newton I'd be over the damn moon. That said, highly unlikely. But, a combo of the above is likely better then just picking 1 guy at 19 potentially.

Schragers trade is 19 for 32, 64, 131. Then we traded out of 32 with NEP for: 34, 68

So in total, we acquire: 34, 64, 68, 131 That is quite a haul for essentially moving down 15 picks. I'd probably be good with it, especially if guys we like are falling.
I love picks. I gotta have more picks. I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is more picks!!
Keep trading down until the Rams own the entire 6th round!!

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I won’t be surprised if all of the tackles get picked within the top fifteen. It’s arguably the second most valued position behind QB.
And one of the best OT classes maybe ever...

Calculate Rhett And Link GIF by Rooster Teeth

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Would you make this trade?

Rams give Bengals pick 1(19), for:

Trey Hendrickson
Pick 2(49)
Pick 3(80)

Under the TVC, that sets Hendrickson’s price at 275 points, equivalent to pick 2(63).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wouldn't trade for Hendrickson.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
CB - Wiggins, Rakestraw
LB - Cooper, Wilson
OT - Paul

I believe Newton will go first round. I'm calling bullshit on those saying he'll fall out of the 1st. He's too good of a player. We'll see if I'm wrong or right soon though hahahaha

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Trey Hendrickson
Pick 2(49)
Pick 3(80)

Under the TVC, that sets Hendrickson’s price at 275 points, equivalent to pick 2(63).
I would. Hendrickson is a bona fide superstar in the NFL, not an unknown entity like all of the rookies in the draft. He's been to 3 straight Pro Bowls. He's a beast of a pass rusher.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

Trey Hendrickson
Pick 2(49)
Pick 3(80)

I'd certainly think long and hard about it...

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M

Trey Hendrickson
Pick 2(49)
Pick 3(80)

It seems the way they've done their cap they may not be able to fit it in....but if they can make it work cap wise including with giving him an extension, then hell yeah!

You get a proven edge and 2 other premium picks to boot.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would it change your mind if we somehow could without sacrificing our 1st pick this year? Just asking a hypothetical question
There will be a premium price paid somewhere. He is going to be 30 this season. We might hopefully find our pass rusher in this draft, and then next year take that LT. Bottom line for me on this is we are in year two of a rebuild and there's a lot of holes on defense. So it is not the time to throw picks around for guys who will require their last contract and a high end one at that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

WestCoastRam

Legend
I believe Newton will go first round. I'm calling bullshit on those saying he'll fall out of the 1st. He's too good of a player. We'll see if I'm wrong or right soon though hahahaha
It'll be fascinating, is there one final mock out there right now that has him in the 1st?