Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
It looks like Daniel Jeremiah‘s final mock has us trading out of the first round altogether with the commodes. That is with Byron Murphy still on the board too. Well the commodes have a lot of top 100 picks so I’m sure we would get nice compensation.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thinking their plan for round 1 is roughly along the lines of:

Is Latu or Verse there? If not then...
Is a LT there? If not then...
Trade down or WR. WR is probably the position they prefer if they can't get a deal they like to move down.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
It looks like Daniel Jeremiah‘s final mock has us trading out of the first round altogether with the commodes. That is with Byron Murphy still on the board too. Well the commodes have a lot of top 100 picks so I’m sure we would get nice compensation.
But he also has us giving up a 3rd round pick to trade down for their second round picks, so no thank you.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The 36th and 40th picks for 19? I’d take that if there wasn’t a great player on the board.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
But he also has us giving up a 3rd round pick to trade down for their second round picks, so no thank you.
Yeah, screw that. If they want a player bad enough the commodes can take the small loss in points on the trade chart. 19 for 36 &40 or go home.

I’d consider throwing in a third if it was for Carolina’s two second round picks. 33 is the cat bird’s seat of day two. They could possibly turn that into a slight move back and a fourth round pick or better.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My god, it's gorgeous. But I can't imagine Jackson and Mustapha make it out of the 2nd.
It's funny when I first started these things Mustapha was a 6th round draft crush :D

That site uses an aggregate of the draft ratings so it's the best we can get but yeah it will be fun to see. One player that's massively dropped is that JPJ center. A few weeks ago he was a top 20 pick they now have him in the late 3rd round.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It's funny when I first started these things Mustapha was a 6th round draft crush :D

That site uses an aggregate of the draft ratings so it's the best we can get but yeah it will be fun to see. One player that's massively dropped is that JPJ center. A few weeks ago he was a top 20 pick they now have him in the late 3rd round.
That's nuts, maybe I missed something but sure seems like JPJ should go late 1st early 2nd at least.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I kinda like this one a lot :)

One of the wideouts I haven't watched too much film of. But yes that is a ridiculous haul. That's the kind of draft that would cement this team as a contender.

I think if they hit on a good edge alone that makes us a true contender btw. But that would be incredible and it's actually not impossible if we can get Latu to fall to us. Goddamn there I go getting my hopes up again sigh.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of the wideouts I haven't watched too much film of. But yes that is a ridiculous haul. That's the kind of draft that would cement this team as a contender.

I think if they hit on a good edge alone that makes us a true contender btw. But that would be incredible and it's actually not impossible if we can get Latu to fall to us. Goddamn there I go getting my hopes up again sigh.
I get the feeling that Latu and Turner will both be gone for us and we'll end up with Verse.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yeah, screw that. If they want a player bad enough the commodes can take the small loss in points on the trade chart. 19 for 36 &40 or go home.

I’d consider throwing in a third if it was for Carolina’s two second round picks. 33 is the cat bird’s seat of day two. They could possibly turn that into a slight move back and a fourth round pick or better.
I don't know. If it's #19 & #104 for #36 & #40 I think I'd take that deal if they players I wanted weren't available at #19.

Tano

Legend
That mock draft old school did needs to be reprogrammed because Caleb is going number 1.

And if it got that so badly wrong - then that mock draft program is busted.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Both DJ and Peter Schrager have the Rams completely trading out of the first round.

That will make for a very frustrating evening. They already have 11 picks.

It is okay to make a first round pick.

We will see tonight.

Maybe the Rams shock us.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Both DJ and Peter Schrager have the Rams completely trading out of the first round.

We will see tonight.

Maybe the Rams shock us.

No worries @PARAM , I get the feeling they are gonna trade UP.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

We will see tonight.

Maybe the Rams shock us.
It’s funny how some of these guys tunes changed so quickly.

If they trade back I hope they decent pick to do it. I don’t like trading out of round one for a mid second or third rounder.

But yes, it would suck for the first day. Staying up late, waiting for the pick, anticipation building….and…… [Goodell] We have a trade. All of the air goes out of my balloon.

That being said, I really want them to get the #33 pick from Carolina.