GAME DAY MNF - Bills at Bengals/Suspended with Damar Hamlin in Critical Condition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

afc championship game will be held at a neutral venue if bills and chiefs both win their games this week. that's of course if both teams make it there.

Given that the AFC’s No. 1 seed could have been impacted by the resolution of the Bills-Bengals game, with Buffalo having been in contention to wrestle the top seed away from the Kansas City Chiefs, the league’s competition committee and commissioner Roger Goodell drew up a set of scenarios for owners to vote on Friday to smooth out advantages that could result from the cancellation.

Those scenarios:

Scenario 1: Buffalo and Kansas City both win or tie in Week 18 — a Buffalo vs. Kansas City AFC championship game would be at a neutral site.

Scenario 2: Buffalo and Kansas City both lose in Week 18 and Baltimore wins or ties — a Buffalo vs. Kansas City AFC championship game would be at a neutral site.

Scenario 3: Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Cincinnati wins — a Buffalo or Cincinnati vs. Kansas City AFC championship game would be at a neutral site.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
A sport that has such a limited amount of games that can have tremendous outcomes, you have to do what is best for all. Not just one.

I do trust the NFL is taking something not precedent and making something of a precedent.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I do not trust the NFL and I bet many of the players do not trust them either.
Its about money and that is not always best for people.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not trust the NFL and I bet many of the players do not trust them either.
Its about money and that is not always best for people.
Can you trust the players and their union? Hate to break it to you but it’s all about money for them too.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Can you trust the players and their union? Hate to break it to you but it’s all about money for them too.
The difference is the players risk life and limb while the owners risk money.....but is it really a risk? Even if the stadium was empty, they didn't sell a single jersey and the team was 0-17, they make a profit every year just from TV money. I can't come down on the side of ownership, especially after the events of this past weekend. Why? Reward them with loyalty because they made millions in business or were born with a silver spoon sticking in their mouth?

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Well my old friend, (anyone with Jack Youngblood in their sig is a friend of mine) what is worse ? Using money as a commodity or human beings ? We might not agree but I will say this.
Unions ? Especially the pro sports I have no use for them. They get far, far too much money. Good tickets to games should be 50 $.
I am all about the fans, without us they are nothing.

Athletes do die from time to time from heart conditions.
BUT......

In the past 2 years as many athletes have died from heart problems as the period from 1966 -2004. Or 38 freaking years.
Over 1000, that's ONE THOUSAND have died in the past year.
Defibrillators are now in grade schools.
Marvin Gay had a song once called "Whats Going On".

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Newsflash: the world is evil and driven by greed.

This will never change. Only thing that changes is who the rich are. People gonna die playing sports too. This may not change, though sports may simply go away or turn into something so fucking ridiculous nobody wants to watch because, well, we can't have any risk in life. Everyone put your safety helmets on for the mall trip and don't forget your facemasks you don't want to risk a cold.

Also re: this kid have you guys built him a shrine yet? Or will it be a statue. Or is that still in the planning stages.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well my old friend, (anyone with Jack Youngblood in their sig is a friend of mine) what is worse ? Using money as a commodity or human beings ? We might not agree but I will say this.
Unions ? Especially the pro sports I have no use for them. They get far, far too much money. Good tickets to games should be 50 $.

BUT......

In the past 2 years as many athletes have died from heart problems as the period from 1966 -2004. Or 38 freaking years.
Vac vs. Anti vac isn't a discussion we can have here.

Please refrain.

We've tried it before, but always ends up being a left vs right political discussion.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

BUT......

There are two groups of people in the NFL after our money. Players and the owners. I'm not pro either one and I won't put either one on a pedestal. They each have their hands in my wallet without my permission. You stated you couldn't trust owners because they're about the money. I'm saying you left the players out they aren't worth any trust either because they're the same. They sell their bodies and abilities for our money. There's no saints out there.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
People gonna die playing sports too. This may not change, though sports may simply go away or turn into something so fucking ridiculous nobody wants to watch because, well, we can't have any risk in life.
I wouldn't necessarily agree that dangerous sports are more interesting than safer ones. For example, both auto racing and motorcycle racing bore the hell out of me. I'd far rather watch golf or tennis-- and nobody dies playing those sports. Just sayin.

Curious about the subject, I happened to click on the link below, assessing the fatality rates in various sports. Interestingly, football didn't crack the top 15 on the list (for this article, anyway). Cheerleading apparently has a higher fatality risk than football. Sheesh, who knew.

Anyway, not trying to stir the pot, just find it interesting to think about which sports are more dangerous than others.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wouldn't necessarily agree that dangerous sports are more interesting than safer ones. For example, both auto racing and motorcycle racing bore the hell out of me. I'd far rather watch golf or tennis-- and nobody dies playing those sports. Just sayin.

Curious about the subject, I happened to click on the link below, assessing the fatality rates in various sports. Interestingly, football didn't crack the top 15 on the list (for this article, anyway). Cheerleading apparently has a higher fatality risk than football. Sheesh, who knew.

Anyway, not trying to stir the pot, just find it interesting to think about which sports are more dangerous than others.

That's not surprising to me. We're talking about not even the slightest margin for error, or you could have some poor girl break her neck if someone doesn't catch her properly on the fall. Yes, football has harder hits, but cheerleading is quite dangerous and cannot have any margin for error.

And that's not even counting ice sports. Hockey is probably the most dangerous team sport out there. Don't believe me? Ask Clint Malarchuk - and before anyone wants to post the video of the poor guy getting his throat sliced by an ice skate, DON'T.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah the shit they do where the girl is thrown in the air... No way dude. F that. :laugh3:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Me too, damn them. I was hating them for Week One and stealing Von, but gotta root for them now...

Live footage of Loyal buying Bills jerseys.

Hacking Work From Home GIF