MLB hot stove 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You make excellent points but I'd add that while the Cardinals only play the Dodgers a few games a year and I've not seen all those games I was never impressed with Puig's base running. My personal preference is for Whitey Ball so thats why I like Bader (hope he improves his BA) and see a proven JM as being desirable over the potential of any pitcher. But It's Still In Mo I Trust. Even though I don't like it.

Oh, I agree that Puig definitely has flaws. There are reasons that the Dodgers dumped him. He's a head case, did not get along with everybody (not all his fault, but some of it was) and was expensive. So the Dodgers dumped him to save salary and picked up their current #4 and #5 prospects in a deep system, and did not miss him in the least. And that's even with him being better and younger than Martinez. It was all part of a plan. And it looks like the Cardinals have a plan with the trading of Martinez - saves money, gets a defensively poor player off the team, picks up a nice pitching prospect. Pitching prospects are a gamble, but that's why you want to have as many as practical, so that enough of the gambles come through.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Pitching prospects are a gamble, but that's why you want to have as many as practical, so that enough of the gambles come through.
True and the Cardinals have done exceptionally well with that in the recent past so I'm hopeful it continues.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
This is a baseball chat room, so here's a baseball trivia quiz question No. 1:
(And no fair peeking on the net or any other source: "I can't stands for no peeking.")

Bill Mazeroski of the Pirates and Joe Carter of the Blue Jays are the only players to end a World Series with a walk-off home run. In Game 6 of the 1993 World Series vs. the the Phillies, Carter's game-winning blow was a three-run shot off the Phillies' Mitch Williams. Name the two future Hall of Famers who scored on his historic blast?
Mazeroski's iconic home run came with nobody on and snapped a 9-9 tie in the bottom of the ninth. Name the Yankee pitcher who gave up the HR.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kyle Garlick, who had been DFAed from the Dodgers' 40 man roster because of the various trades, has been traded to the Phillies for a minor leaguer

Garlick for Gilbert

Gilbert's a lefty reliever in AAA, 26, decent number of Ks, not that many walks, but a number of wild pitches, hbp, etc. A lottery ticket, but I trust Dodgers minor league development over the Phillies.