Mixology 101

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Here's all I got right now... just enough...

20200418_105713.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Damn good idea. Now that you've twisted my arm... I'm gonna make one too.

Give me a minute to post a pic.
Bruh, you gotta order that McClure's I told you about. It's in the pic. $40 for a four pack and they get it to ya quick!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Bruh, you gotta order that Mcclure's I told you about. It's in the pic. $40 for a four pack and they get it to ya quick!!

I know. I'll put that on the wife's to-do list for next week. Thanks for reminding me.

This mix here is just ok... I had to doctor it up as you can see. My homemade hot pickle makes almost anything taste better though.

Cheers. Thanks for twisting my arm.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to post on here so I return to it later. I don't have time right now but I have formulated some pretty damn good drinks over the years and make a killer bloody, martini, and others.
You damn right there is. I can't believe you've never heard of it...

It's called The Breakfast of Champions. ;)

Ha. That's what I always call any drink with alcohol consumed in the morning.
That's what we call it too. Especially the shot of tequila in the morning when camping before heading off to fish.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know. I'll put that on the wife's to-do list for next week. Thanks for reminding me.

This mix here is just ok... I had to doctor it up as you can see. My homemade hot pickle makes almost anything taste better though.

Cheers. Thanks for twisting my arm.
Hot pickles are awesome. Curious how you make yours?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I make my own dirty martinis at home. Similar to yours, but I use Reyka vodka. I can't stand Grey Goose for whatever reason. Interesting that you mix the gin and vodka. I usually do one or the other, but will try mixing some Saphire East into the Reyka tonight. Also love me some garlic olives. Damn, is there such thing as a morning martini??:ROFLMAO:

I get cravings for them too. I was drinking one every day after work a few years ago. I figured I needed to stop, so now it is a few times a month.

Grey Goose comes from France and is very nearly the same as Kirkland's that they sell at Costco for half the price. It's the same recipe from the same region. It's made from wheat. I've tried some different brands. I used to drink Skyy because that was my GFs drink of choice. Grey Goose is smoother than that and mixed well. I've tried potato vodka from Russia and didn't like it at all ( didn't waste it of course). I've also tried some brand from Hawaii that supposedly uses the purest water. It's called Ocean and comes in a round bottle. It tastes too much like rubbing alcohol. Maybe I'll give Reyka a try next.

A word of advice that was passed to me by my uncle from a bartender - Gin should never touch metal, it changes the taste. I was intrigued so I got a glass shaker and tried comparing it to one made with my metal shaker. I think the guy was right. I threw my metal shaker away.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get cravings for them too. I was drinking one every day after work a few years ago. I figured I needed to stop, so now it is a few times a month.

Grey Goose comes from France and is very nearly the same as Kirkland's that they sell at Costco for half the price. It's the same recipe from the same region. It's made from wheat. I've tried some different brands. I used to drink Skyy because that was my GFs drink of choice. Grey Goose is smoother than that and mixed well. I've tried potato vodka from Russia and didn't like it at all ( didn't waste it of course). I've also tried some brand from Hawaii that supposedly uses the purest water. It's called Ocean and comes in a round bottle. It tastes too much like rubbing alcohol. Maybe I'll give Reyka a try next.

A word of advice that was passed to me by my uncle from a bartender - Gin should never touch metal, it changes the taste. I was intrigued so I got a glass shaker and tried comparing it to one made with my metal shaker. I think the guy was right. I threw my metal shaker away.
I've had em all. You will love Reyka or my name is not Rey Reykenstein!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - so I won't drink a vodka martini. I had a hankering last night so I made myself a dirty martini. I do what we call a filthy martini. I muddle jalapeno stuffed olives in a shaker and then add olive juice from them and a little from anchovy stuffed olives. My alcohol of choice for a dirty martini is good ole Tangueray Gin. I know there are tons of fancy gins out there but give me the classic taste of Tangueray.

Shake with ice, pour off in a tall martini glass, and finish with three anchovy stuffed olives. Like a steak in a glass.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bloody Marys. @Selassie I knows I love me a good bloody. While I make several different types, there are a few key ingredients. One is Dimitri's. It is a purely classic seasoning mix and though I rarely use premixed spices, this is one I go for every time. Another is green olive juice. I simply won't make a bloody without it. I will often use pickled asparagus juice as well but I HAVE to have green olive juice. The other - and people will turn their nose up is once again.... Tangueray Gin. I love a gin bloody. As you might be able to tell, I'm not a vodka fan. If I'm doing vodka, it is generally Tito's or Stoly but in most cases, it's gin for me. I just love how the herbalness sets off savory drinks. Vodka is just there and really does nothing for me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nice array there. I may have to try that bloody seasoning you mentioned.

Oh... I forgot one ingredient I've been playing with a lot lately. Kimchee marinade. You can find it in Asian markets. It adds a real full flavor with some decent heat without going over the top. Highly recommended.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice array there. I may have to try that bloody seasoning you mentioned.

Oh... I forgot one ingredient I've been playing with a lot lately. Kimchee marinade. You can find it in Asian markets. It adds a real full flavor with some decent heat without going over the top. Highly recommended.
Great idea! LOVE the kimchee!! I will get back to you with whatever the heck I end up making.....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OK - so I won't drink a vodka martini. I had a hankering last night so I made myself a dirty martini. I do what we call a filthy martini. I muddle jalapeno stuffed olives in a shaker and then add olive juice from them and a little from anchovy stuffed olives. My alcohol of choice for a dirty martini is good ole Tangueray Gin. I know there are tons of fancy gins out there but give me the classic taste of Tangueray.

Shake with ice, pour off in a tall martini glass, and finish with three anchovy stuffed olives. Like a steak in a glass.

I've never liked the traditional lemon twist garnish. Salt goes so well with a martini.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The Last Word
1588205689183.png

• 3/4oz Gin
  • 3/4oz Green Chartreuse
  • 3/4oz Luxardo
  • 3/4oz Lime Juice
A good herbaceous cocktail that packs a punch. Substitute Cointreau for Luxardo to make a Written Word. I prefer the last word, not as acidic.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm a bit of a green olive nut. I didn't have all the stuff for bloodies so we did martinis.

Simple enough. 1 part olive juice (from 3 different jars) and 4 parts Tangueray. Dressed with anchovy stuffed, jalapeno stuffed, and garlic/ jalapeno stuffed olives.

It's both appetizer and drink in one.
IMG_20200530_133619783.jpg

RAMBUSH

Starter
Any of you fellas drink boilo for the holidays?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Any of you fellas drink boilo for the holidays?

Just read that. Sounds great!

You must like it?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Check out this tequila one of my son's friends brought me. He came down to celebrate with us in the Keys this week and brought a case of this stuff for us. It's George Clooney's. Very good too...

20200823_154907.jpg