Mixology 101

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This isn’t a traditional class. This is a thread to keep the curious mind up to date, and to share personnal experiences about particular drinks.

A few weeks back I went to this joint called Craft Hill in Covina @ the bottom of Kellogg Hill for the So Cali people. I ended up going through the drink menu saw an interesting drink that had almost everything I liked.

The Vieux Carre
20150323-cocktails-vicky-wasik-vieux-carre.jpg

Ingredients
I was impressed, taste, look definitely a must try if your curious. It is strong so sip wisely. Its basically a Grand Manhattan...

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want one.
Sounds good
Any local place you know of that has a full bar should be able to concoct one for you. If not you can go to bevmo drop about 130 last I checked, possibly less if a distinguished member for all the ingrediants and enjoy at your own leisure. (y)

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
This isn’t a traditional class. This is a thread to keep the curious mind up to date, and to share personnal experiences about particular drinks.

A few weeks back I went to this joint called Craft Hill in Covina @ the bottom of Kellogg Hill for the So Cali people. I ended up going through the drink menu saw an interesting drink that had almost everything I liked.

The Vieux Carre
20150323-cocktails-vicky-wasik-vieux-carre.jpg

Ingredients
I was impressed, taste, look definitely a must try if your curious. It is strong so sip wisely. Its basically a Grand Manhattan...
Looks real good. Especially while on a date. A I'm gonna get me some drink.:yess:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Any local place you know of that has a full bar should be able to concoct one for you. If not you can go to bevmo drop about 130 last I checked, possibly less if a distinguished member for all the ingrediants and enjoy at your own leisure. (y)
It's hard enough getting a decent old fashion. Lol

This looks like something I may try on my own.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm looking forward to seeing what other drinks pop up here.

@SteezyEndo ... that drink looks delicious... but I have a feeling it tastes like gasoline. LOL Reminds me of my Grandmother's go to cocktail back in the day. As a young kid, I would get a kick out of ordering it for her when we were out to eat.... "She'll have a Beefeater Martini, straight up, with a lemon twist." I always thought that it looked so refreshing when it came to the table. I couldn't wait to try one for myself. I finally got the chance one night. I was at the table alone somehow, and that awesome looking martini was staring me down. I grabbed that thing and took a big swig.

I didn't ever want to try gin again after that. LOL

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't mix much. I prefer my alcohol straight. But I do mix a good Martini.

one shot Grey Goose
one shot Blue Sapphire Gin
1/4 shot dry Vermouth
A tablespoon or less of juice from Jalapeno stuffed olives.
Two large Jalapeno stuffed olives
shaken in ice.

it's the best Martini I've had. I have a book on martinis and have tried just about all of them. This one does it for me.

i nice light drink for around the holidays is a stinger

50% Peppermint Schnaaps
50% Brandy
on ice

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Just returned from the Redneck Riviera, where the wife and I enjoy the sunset with a Gin and Lemonade -

I shot Bombay Sapphire Gin
A couple ounces of Lemonade
Splash of Tonic Water
Slice of Lime

Good summer drink

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Had to dig up in the archives to bring up another drink I came across. I would like to share.

I literally had Bulleit Whiskey, Dry Vermouth, and Campari just sitting on my bar. I had to look what I could do with it. Found out about an Old Pal.

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__liquor__2018__07__18144421__old-pal-720x720-recipe-8f1199df0ff14f8c8abe96689125fa62.jpg

Bottomline impressive tasteful drink if your looking to mellow out. It is surprisingly strong so 1 drink could give you that good feeling.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My wife isn't working during this shit.

She just made herself a Cucumber Cilantro Margarita.

20200416_190514.jpg

Here's a shot of her mess

IMG_2171.jpg

Her finished product. It has sugar on the rim.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If anybody wants the recipe... let me know and I'll post it.

It tastes great. I don't like the sugar on the rim of the glass... I would use cayenne pepper instead for mine.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If anybody wants the recipe... let me know and I'll post it.

It tastes great. I don't like the sugar on the rim of the glass... I would use cayenne pepper instead for mine.

YES please!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
@Selassie I that drink looks hella refreshing, and the idea of the cayenne pepper around the rim got my attention. I would drop a sugar cube in the drink, and the cayenne on the rim. I am gonna try that next time.(y)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@Selassie I that drink looks hella refreshing, and the idea of the cayenne pepper around the rim got my attention. I would drop a sugar cube in the drink, and the cayenne on the rim. I am gonna try that next time.(y)

Just posted the recipe above.

It's already got sugar in the drink.

I have been putting cayenne pepper on my marg glass instead of salt for years. It's the shit.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't mix much. I prefer my alcohol straight. But I do mix a good Martini.

one shot Grey Goose
one shot Blue Sapphire Gin
1/4 shot dry Vermouth
A tablespoon or less of juice from Jalapeno stuffed olives.
Two large Jalapeno stuffed olives
shaken in ice.

it's the best Martini I've had. I have a book on martinis and have tried just about all of them. This one does it for me.

i nice light drink for around the holidays is a stinger

50% Peppermint Schnaaps
50% Brandy
on ice
I make my own dirty martinis at home. Similar to yours, but I use Reyka vodka. I can't stand Grey Goose for whatever reason. Interesting that you mix the gin and vodka. I usually do one or the other, but will try mixing some Saphire East into the Reyka tonight. Also love me some garlic olives. Damn, is there such thing as a morning martini??:ROFLMAO:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I make my own dirty martinis at home. Similar to yours, but I use Reyka vodka. I can't stand Grey Goose for whatever reason. Interesting that you mix the gin and vodka. I usually do one or the other, but will try mixing some Saphire East into the Reyka tonight. Also love me some garlic olives. Damn, is there such thing as a morning martini??:ROFLMAO:

if nobody is looking...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

You damn right there is. I can't believe you've never heard of it...

It's called The Breakfast of Champions. ;)

Ha. That's what I always call any drink with alcohol consumed in the morning.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You damn right there is. I can't believe you've never heard of it...

It's called The Breakfast of Champions. ;)

Ha. That's what I always call any drink with alcohol consumed in the morning.
20200315_113231.jpg