Memento's Final 2018 Draft. (HYPE)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actual whole games? Zero. I've been watching tape and reading what other "experts" have said. What I see is that he has a weak arm, a low release point that amplifies his short stature, an over exaggerated shoulder push when he tries to put power into his passes, and a compact motion on short throws. I just don't see a pro level QB.

Games where you saw every attempt. If you watched a cut-up that showed all his passes, count that as a game.

You see a low release point? Personally, I'm not seeing that. He has an over-the-top throwing motion. Here are a couple examples:
Bowling+Green+v+Toledo+boVLuPOsdxal.jpg

15240257423130578.gif

giphy.gif

After all - Keenum sucked until he didn't. Foles sucked except when he didn't.

Keenum and Foles sucked under Fisher. Mannion had McVay.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You see a low release point?
Yes. He actually accentuates it on a lot of throws where he lowers his shoulder to pass. He has an over the top motion on a lot of his throws but the ball comes out low on most even with the over the top motion.

Keenum and Foles sucked under Fisher.
Please Jrry. You went on and on about how terrible Keenum and Foles were. You and I argued for pages about Keenum as you were arguing that he simply couldn't play QB in the NFL.

Mannion had McVay.
And no starting players on offense. Um.... in any game of his entire NFL career thus far.

It's really pretty simple. If Mannion is still here this year, he indeed has McVay just like McVay had Mannion over Allen last season. If not - so be it. My guess is though that if the Rams go for a QB in the draft, Mannion will still be here for at least one more season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course I'm not comparing Mannion to Brady. All it says is that if you judge QBs by either garbage time, or their first start or two, or even a game or two, you would be casting aside many very good QBs. That SF game is garbage in all facets. There is zero to be gleaned from it.
Of course. You judge by their body of work. Which in Mannions case has not been impressive. The San Fran game is icing on the cake that he just doesn’t have it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. He actually accentuates it on a lot of throws where he lowers his shoulder to pass. He has an over the top motion on a lot of his throws but the ball comes out low on most even with the over the top motion.

That's simply wrong. I've already posted photo and video evidence. I am happy to post more. He has an over-the-top motion with a release point that is generally between his ear and the crown of the helmet. That's a perfectly normal release point.

Please Jrry. You went on and on about how terrible Keenum and Foles were. You and I argued for pages about Keenum as you were arguing that he simply couldn't play QB in the NFL.

And those guys escaped Fisher and proved me wrong. Mannion escaped Fisher and looked like the same bad QB.