Media Fallout: Rams beat Shitters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Its all fantasy crap now, team allegiances are a dying breed.
There are advantages to aging.

One positive is I won’t be around to see things I would prefer not to see.

Of course, the big negative is that I will be dead.

So, overall, guess it’s a Net Negative.

Last edited:

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we could just get Taylor Swift to date a Rams player, we'd have no problem filling the stands with fans.:laugh1:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
When the current generation of Rams fans 18 and under become adults and take their kids to games the local fan invasions will become a non factor.

It takes time. More than 8 years.
ya maybe... but this is a different era. This is the era of the PSL. You just don't walk up to the ticket counter anymore & get whatever seats are left... most have already been sold long before Sunday morning.
But throw Ticketmaster, Stubhub, etc. into the mix... and we may NEVER see those seats again. Even if the team gets really successful, and arguably they've already done enough to get butts in seats, and wins over a new batch of fans, will they get online fast enough & pony up the premium to beat out the hostile 9er fans? 12th man fans?? DALLAS fans??? These non-fan PSL "investment" holders will need to be BOUGHT OUT, like a corporation defending itself from a hostile takeover.
I'm thinking Stan needs to buy out a bunch of PSL holders & sell them on an application-only basis. We need RAMS jerseys in those seats he had bolted down in that big honkin stadium. This "Levi's South" crap is just downright embarassing, and it's not going away unless he fixes it. The modern "new stadium" era somehow needs to account for this.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
If we could just get Taylor Swift to date a Rams player, we'd have no problem filling the stands with fans.:laugh1:
That can be arranged... kinda like how her & Kelsey were.
Mebbe Stan can pull some strings, it's a shame Puka already has a GF...
Actually the Chiefs have a SERIOUS problem on their hands, because this situation can blow up in their faces real fast.
But I dunno, Chiefs fans are pretty rabid around here (in SW MO). TS is just a distraction for them.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
ya maybe... but this is a different era. This is the era of the PSL. You just don't walk up to the ticket counter anymore & get whatever seats are left... most have already been sold long before Sunday morning.
But throw Ticketmaster, Stubhub, etc. into the mix... and we may NEVER see those seats again. Even if the team gets really successful, and arguably they've already done enough to get butts in seats, and wins over a new batch of fans, will they get online fast enough & pony up the premium to beat out the hostile 9er fans? 12th man fans?? DALLAS fans??? These non-fan PSL "investment" holders will need to be BOUGHT OUT, like a corporation defending itself from a hostile takeover.
I'm thinking Stan needs to buy out a bunch of PSL holders & sell them on an application-only basis. We need RAMS jerseys in those seats he had bolted down in that big honkin stadium. This "Levi's South" crap is just downright embarassing, and it's not going away unless he fixes it. The modern "new stadium" era somehow needs to account for this.
Good point. All true.
My point was, the Rams’ fan base is small. It just is. 20 years gone. 8 years back. Lakers, Dodgers, Raiders(until recently) and the Niners have been entrenched in Cali forever and generations have grown up and passed along the fandom.

The Rams are one of the most successful teams in the league the last 7 years. The wins and accolades are there. The die hard fans are old and few. It’s up to them to pass it along and make Rams football a family culture.

I’ve witnessed this here in Arizona since 1988. It takes time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Its all fantasy crap now, team allegiances are a dying breed. I hate fantasy football.
I don't play fantasy football expressly because I don't want to have to care about players from other teams. Just not into it. I did it 2 times but my criteria was that I wouldn't pick anyone from the Whiners, Shecocks, or Patsies. There was no way I was going to cheer for any player on those teams. Those two times though were enough for me. No thanks. And I also can't stand all the fantasy shows.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@RamFan503 that’s absolutely true. When I wear my Stafford or another jersey around town instead of people complimenting the Rams I get I hope so and so has a big game for me today.

I have a cousin who grew up in LA and loves football but refuses to commit to a team. He’d rather play in pools and fantasy. SMH

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
All this talk about fans and yet it sure seemed that the Rams fans were pretty damn loud too. I think we're growing a fan base. And a lot of those fans are pretty rabid. It's just going to take time. That said, I don't know that there will ever be a time when we outnumber other fans during big games with the combination of being a huge tourist destination, a serious melting pot from all over the country, and the sour taste many in the LA area still have over them pulling up stakes in the 90s after they got (IMO) intentionally bad.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't play fantasy football expressly because I don't want to have to care about players from other teams. Just not into it. I did it 2 times but my criteria was that I wouldn't pick anyone from the Whiners, Shecocks, or Patsies. There was no way I was going to cheer for any player on those teams. Those two times though were enough for me. No thanks. And I also can't stand all the fantasy shows.
I don't care about the teams guys on my fantasy team play for. If anything I root for them to fall way behind so they have to pass a ton.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
ZAK KROMER does an AMAZING JOB !!
Tv Show Lol GIF by HULU

When the current generation of Rams fans 18 and under become adults and take their kids to games the local fan invasions will become a non factor.

It takes time. More than 8 years.
Yes I imagine blue n yellow dresses as far as the eye can see.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
will ever be a time when we outnumber other fans during big games with the combination of being a huge tourist destination, a serious melting pot from all over the country, and the sour taste many in the LA area still have over them pulling up stakes in the 90s after they got (IMO) intentionally bad.

We’ll call the part in bold “the Ghost of Whoregia.”

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
All this talk about fans and yet it sure seemed that the Rams fans were pretty damn loud too. I think we're growing a fan base. And a lot of those fans are pretty rabid. It's just going to take time. That said, I don't know that there will ever be a time when we outnumber other fans during big games with the combination of being a huge tourist destination, a serious melting pot from all over the country, and the sour taste many in the LA area still have over them pulling up stakes in the 90s after they got (IMO) intentionally bad.
Yes they did.

dang

Legend
Its all fantasy crap now, team allegiances are a dying breed. I hate fantasy football.
Sadly true. I have a 27 year old son that I could never get interested in the NFL. He even lived in Miami for 2 years and went to a couple games for the party atmosphere. Then 3 years ago he started playing fantasy football and now he watches it but only to track his fantasy team points. He doesn’t know the true thrill of victory or agony of defeat we experience as hard core fans.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sadly true. I have a 27 year old son that I could never get interested in the NFL. He even lived in Miami for 2 years and went to a couple games for the party atmosphere. Then 3 years ago he started playing fantasy football and now he watches it but only to track his fantasy team points. He doesn’t know the true thrill of victory or agony of defeat we experience as hard core fans.
Lucky bastid.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I like Mark Sanchez covering Rams games. He respects and recognizes Stafford’s greatness. I respect unbiased announcers.

Sanchez’s partner Adam Amin is a Bears fan and I hope they cover the Rams Bears game. It will be interesting to see if Amin can keep his fandom in check.
They are if I heard Sanchez correctly on Cowherd

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Shanny's presser by AI
Thanks for posting "by AI" but I was not going to fall for that again. Lol