McVay vs Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
So cute

8-bf2moPWHZB2EzxG.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This is ABSOLUTELY a revenge game for Goff and there is no player on the field for whom this game means as much.

The Rams got a Super Bowl and are playing with house money this year.

If they beat Goff… at home… oh, boy. All the offseason in Detroit will be about is whether Goff can get them to the next level, or if they need to improve the position.

Turducken

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well if I was going the other route I would have went with "tongue punching the starfish" or similar. :laugh3:

But I wouldn't wish that on AD.
I tried to start a worthy thread and the first reply diverted it into a discussion of prison sex.

Can the mods clean this up
Oh stop whining. We're having fun. There's more responses about your question than that of "prison sex". Which makes me wonder...how do you know that goes on in prison?
I didn't want to be the one to break it to you, but that's how I met your mom in Cellblock C (s/he had a penis back then).

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I tried to start a worthy thread and the first reply diverted it into a discussion of prison sex.

I didn't want to be the one to break it to you, but that's how I met your mom in Cellblock C (s/he had a penis back then).
damn, she was Trans before Trans was cool. What a trailblazer.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Ummm....not to pick or anything but caribou are not on a Lion's menu as they are not found in Africa or anywhere else lions live.
Just sayin'

~ArkyRamsFan~
Yup, them lions would have to travel way, way up north to dine on caribou. Now Brown Bears feast on caribou. if they can catch one.
Lions like zebras, wildebeests, antelope, warthog, giraffe, buffalo get eaten by lions all the time.
I seen a show where some humans, the kind of scumbags that shoot elephants for their tusks got ambushed and eaten by a group of lions. Its like they knew they were bad and it was OK.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy

At least no one has brought up tossing salads and grape jelly.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Ummm....not to pick or anything but caribou are not on a Lion's menu as they are not found in Africa or anywhere else lions live.
Just sayin'

~ArkyRamsFan~
I was about to chastise the same thing. I've never seen a lion in Alaska chasing any of our caribou. Wolves and brown bears, yes.
Let's ditch the caribou. I think the Lion prefers a Gazelle's ass.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I was about to chastise the same thing. I've never seen a lion in Alaska chasing any of our caribou. Wolves and brown bears, yes.
Let's ditch the caribou. I think the Lion prefers a Gazelle's ass.
Yeah, I'd like to see how long one of those "I sleep 18 hours a day" lions would last on the frozen tundra.
NFL....Not For Long!
☠️☠️☠️

~ArkyRamsFan~

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Pretty sure the 2024 Goff is an upgrade from 2020 Goff, both are familiar with each other’s tendencies from the past, apparently Goff just last week lit up an over blitzing Brian Flores defense (that confounded Goff and McVay in 2019) that had been playing well

What hasn’t changed is the same thing that all drop back passers fear most, pressure up the middle, too bad Lions aren’t suiting up Austin Blythe, Frank Ragnow seems to hold his own pretty well

WestCoastRam

Legend
Goff truly has evolved as a QB in the last year or so and is a much better drop back passer than he was with McVay* (drop back denotes non play action). That being said, pressure still wrecks his game and the game will likely either be decided in a shoot out or us getting pressure on him which will be tough but not impossible with that oline.

One criticism of the McVay/Shanahan system is that with the emphasis on run game and play-action there aren't a ton of practice reps for QBs in the straight drop back game leading to QBs who can struggle when forced to drop back again and again and again. Goff, in leaving that system, was able to improve that part of his game. Gaining Stafford as we did, was like gaining a guy who already had 100% experience in that talent tree and we didn't need to worry as much about those practice reps.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Goff truly has evolved as a QB in the last year or so and is a much better drop back passer than he was with McVay (drop back denotes non play action). That being said, pressure still wrecks his game and the game will likely either be decided in a shoot out or us getting pressure on him which will be tough but not impossible with that oline.
He's grown, as he should.

He still is not going to be able to win games where things go off-schedule and he needs to be creative and make plays.

They have enough offensive talent where that may be possible.
Without injuries.. who knows what could've happened for the Rams in 18.

That all being said.. The trade worked, Rams got their SB and Lions got their franchise reset. Win-win.

WestCoastRam

Legend
He's grown, as he should.

He still is not going to be able to win games where things go off-schedule and he needs to be creative and make plays.

They have enough offensive talent where that may be possible.
Without injuries.. who knows what could've happened for the Rams in 18.

That all being said.. The trade worked, Rams got their SB and Lions got their franchise reset. Win-win.
Dude is a statue in the pocket.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yup.

I also bristle at a lot of the "Goff playing the best football of his life" stuff...

It's like those Viking and Chiefs games in 18 don't exist.
I hear that but also, he's doing things he wasn't capable of doing back then. But the massive displays of arm talent back then were ridiculous!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're going to need McVay, because from a style and statistical perspective, when he has talent (which he obviously does) around him, Goff DESTROYS this kind of defense (mediocre, inconsistent pass rush).

I am predicting a win with my heart, but my head says Detroit wins a shootout