McVay told truth on "no timeout" on the onsides kick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
meh, holding on every play....every single play...if it's not the linemen...it's in the secondary...

True, but Quinn was free to the QB for a sack and Lewan would grab him by the neck to buy time, and it would give them a completion. It was pretty bad.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
True, but Quinn was free to the QB for a sack and Lewan would grab him by the neck to buy time, and it would give them a completion. It was pretty bad.
I'm so used to seeing Quinn get wrestled....he's slim....probably needs to be more violent with his hand play...perhaps it would draw some attention to what is going on....

I do agree with a lineman grabbing a defender b4 allowing a QB hit/sack....take the penalty, save your QB

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm so used to seeing Quinn get wrestled....he's slim....probably needs to be more violent with his hand play...perhaps it would draw some attention to what is going on....

I do agree with a lineman grabbing a defender b4 allowing a QB hit/sack....take the penalty, save your QB

Oh, I don't blame the lineman at all, I blame the ref.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFL reff-ing reached a new low.:baghead: A crew that doesn't know only a HC can call a timeout?:thinking:

I thought McVay allowed Wade and Bones to use challenges and call TOs?

Also, at the end of the day, the Titans were offsides, so I think the refs call that if they don't rule it a non-play. They did throw the flag after all.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bones called the timeout, which he's not allowed to do lol that's where the confusion started. Either way the refs hadn't ruled the ball in play yet apparently

It seems pretty FREAKING simple ??

What’s not to get ? The Ref when all said & done never put the ball in play.

Now in the NFL the offense has to wait for the Ref to get set.

To start a Kick Off the Ref has to blow the whistle & use his h d signal to start the clock , or. Signal with a whistle to put the in play. Meaning the 40 second clock I believe.

There can be a delay of game penalty. If the wind blows it off the tee , I believe they start the process over in some cases ?

Yes McVay did not call a timeout. It is better for him to say he did not call a timeout ? If so he wAste it.

Bones can’t call a TO . Sometimes maybe the Ref reacts on the voice ? I’m not sure.

Brings up a case as a basketball official. Possession non possession. I got blasted from an evaluator for not granting his son a timeout on the last play of the game.The coach waived his play to move up the court.The kid was staring T me in disbelief.I point to his coach. He really never asked for the timeout again.Fir me it was advantage dis advantage. I thought he might have wanted to get up the court a little more.Once the play started to develop you can’t turn back.

With Tenn. they were offside ? It’s not offsides unless the ball was put in play. That is not an error by that official ?

The game was a joke with all the penalties though.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I think the official stance is that the refs never set the ball so technically the play was never set

RamzFanz

Damnit
They were offsides so it didn't matter.

Higbee needs to work on the false starts, he got away with one there, but given every other play Quinn was being held in a freaking choke hold, its even. Quinn probably could have had 5 or 6 sacks yesterday the way he was being held, it was ridiculous, he abused Lewan.

With Quinn it wasn't even within reason. I think they called it one time out of at least 20 I saw. Full on choke holds and pushing him to the ground from behind.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seems pretty FREAKING simple ??

What’s not to get ? The Ref when all said & done never put the ball in play.

Now in the NFL the offense has to wait for the Ref to get set.

To start a Kick Off the Ref has to blow the whistle & use his h d signal to start the clock , or. Signal with a whistle to put the in play. Meaning the 40 second clock I believe.

There can be a delay of game penalty. If the wind blows it off the tee , I believe they start the process over in some cases ?

Yes McVay did not call a timeout. It is better for him to say he did not call a timeout ? If so he wAste it.

Bones can’t call a TO . Sometimes maybe the Ref reacts on the voice ? I’m not sure.

Brings up a case as a basketball official. Possession non possession. I got blasted from an evaluator for not granting his son a timeout on the last play of the game.The coach waived his play to move up the court.The kid was staring T me in disbelief.I point to his coach. He really never asked for the timeout again.Fir me it was advantage dis advantage. I thought he might have wanted to get up the court a little more.Once the play started to develop you can’t turn back.

With Tenn. they were offside ? It’s not offsides unless the ball was put in play. That is not an error by that official ?

The game was a joke with all the penalties though.
I think that's more malarkey needing to blame someone lol

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I think the refs were not ready themselves because procedural-wise, the refs had to be set and in position as well and had to blow the whistle to commence the kickoff. The Titans tried to pull a quick one and the refs were not ready.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I have been watching football for over 50 years and I have never seen a team kick off to the other team that was not even on the field. I don't care what was said that ball was not set ready for play.