McVay Confirms Starters Will Play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Will he be matching up against Clowney? Good opportunity to showcase his skill set against a Pro Bowl caliber starter.

I remember Clowney clearly going against Rob Havenstein against them last season. But that's just the one play for the deep TD to Woods. I would bet he switches sides based on match ups, etc.

You've got to get some of these players in some real live action before the season. Just to feel it, really do it all in front of the crowd. I think what Mcvay is saying is that guys like Whitworth, Sully. probably Suh, I could see Talib as well, have so much game experience that the risk and reward highly weigh in the resting of those players. While walking into a late Monday night opener on the road in what will be a LOUD place! With some young guys fresh off success trying to show they are HERE! Without anytime to kind of get a rhythm is better to take some risk now.

Speaks very well for Noteboom and Allen

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
McVay mentioned putting them in good positions to avoid injuries also, so maybe lower-risk play designs.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
McVay mentioned putting them in good positions to avoid injuries also, so maybe lower-risk play designs.

Yeah id have to say that our rookie LT would be a mismatch against Clooney. That sounds a bit risky but hopefully the play calls will take this into account.

Ram65

Legend
Got to take off the plastic wrap and let the starters play the first half. IIRC they started the second half of preseason game three last year after playing the first half. Play the starters and figure out who replaces Brown at RG.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can't watch injury videos anymore. I nearly threw up at the first gif. /shudder

And this game scares the crap outta me. Thankfully, I'll be in Canada at a wedding/reception so no chance I will catch the game until I get back monday and maybe can catch some highlights. And then I'll sigh a huge sigh of relief when I read that the Rams sustained no significant injuries with maybe a few bumps and bruises that need to be watched.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
None of those vids of players getting hurt are as bad as the one of Joe Thieseman getting his leg snapped in half.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't watch injury videos anymore. I nearly threw up at the first gif. /shudder

And this game scares the crap outta me. Thankfully, I'll be in Canada at a wedding/reception so no chance I will catch the game until I get back monday and maybe can catch some highlights. And then I'll sigh a huge sigh of relief when I read that the Rams sustained no significant injuries with maybe a few bumps and bruises that need to be watched.
*keys up Theismann career ending injury on YouTube....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznBvAGScdg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i know commentators are blind most of the time but what were those two bozos looking at? one said the knee, the other said the ankle, meanwhile the vision shows his shin area snapping in two.

I didn't even watch the video, because I saw it live when it happened. I have averted my eyes ever since that day, because I don't want to see it! lol

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Me too.
I just pulled a muscle in my eyeball reading this.
I'm so old I pulled a muscle putting on my underwear, and I fell. So I decided to quit wearing underwear, but my family is all upset with me. You see before that, every time I'd reach down to pull my pants up I'd fall over, so I had to quit wearing pants.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm so old I pulled a muscle putting on my underwear, and I fell. So I decided to quit wearing underwear, but my family is all upset with me. You see before that, every time I'd reach down to pull my pants up I'd fall over, so I had to quit wearing pants.

Thankfully, us women have a solution for you. It's called a dress. :p ;)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I didn't even watch the video, because I saw it live when it happened. I have averted my eyes ever since that day, because I don't want to see it! lol
I still remember that well. I was in NCO Leadership School in the USAF at the time. Brutal injury and I too am not watching it again.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I'm truly scared ! Damn sam Bradford

Do they practice with full contact? If so I think these 2 premier units going at it is more beneficial than a pre season game. Hate the idea of our starters playing against guys trying to rstn a job

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The part I remember most was Lawrence Taylor jumping up and waving at the Redskins sideline to come over because he realized he just
snapped their star Quarterback's leg in half.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
No fear. We don’t obsess about injury risk in week one, so why a couple weeks earlier? These guys are finely tuned athletes and will probably just play a little bit to not feel rusty in Week One. It will be fun watching our defense savage the Texans Offense.

I'm with you there, these guys are professional athletes and should be able to run out for pre-season. Maybe they want to see Noteboom against Clowney - I doubt Goff is in for long though - 1Q?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I’m excited to see our guys play. But if we end up losing a guy to injury, McVay will never play starters in pre season again.