McGee waived; Quick to be Active vs AZ

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Irish

Starter
Good.

He should be getting the targets that Kendricks and Cook have been getting, and I have WAY more confidence in Quick's play making ability (assuming he is 100% healthy, which is not a guarantee).

I imagine Foles probably gave him a hug when he heard the news. Foles has always performed at his best when he has a dynamic, legitimate wide receiver talent to rely on. Whether it was Desean Jackson. Jeremy Maclin, or even to a lesser extent Jordan Matthews last year, he elevated their play and they, in turn, elevated his.

If they can find a way to win this weekend, regardless of what happens against the Packers (I don't see ANYONE beating Green Bay at home this year), being 2-3 going into the bye is a not terrible position to be in. You come out of the bye rested, Gurley is ready to be your #1 back, and Foles has weapons.

Sometimes, getting a guy like Quick back is more than just fixing your problem at one position, but it fixes a lot of other problems too.

Quick draws #1 CBs, which allows Britt to play against #2 CBs, and Tavon is able to play his natural slot position rather than line up as a number 2 WR. Kendrick and Cook aren't over exposed, which allows them to play within themselves, and less defenders cheating inside leads to more one on one blocking assignments for the line and simpler reads for the RBs.

I think we need to REALLY REALLY temper our expectations for Quick, especially considering we only have a very small sample size of success vs. what he has been for most of his career, but at this point I think we would take ANYTHING over what we have been getting the first couple of weeks from our receiving corps.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
not to hijack this thread, but he was my favorite Dr. by far.
Nobody will ever best Tom Baker for me, but Tennant was great. Also really enjoying Peter Capaldi, but I liked him in The Thick Of It, too.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm on the same boat as everyone else. Love what Bryant can bring, and stoked Quicky is coming back. Hopefully we see him make a few plays.

Big Game

Living The Dream
The Return of Brian Quick. Well all i have to say is about dang time!!!
th

TheBunk

Rookie
I think Cig can do some really interesting things with the skill positions now.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It is the other way around. just too much world class talent in receiving on this team now. Who are you going to cover: Quick? Britt? Austin? Cook? Kendricks? Bailey? Givens?

Pass to setup the run. Nick Foles will throw for 35 times this game. That will open up the running lanes for the best offensive player in this draft Gurley.

I am expecting a 59-0 Rams win. Truth.

You sure your not setting the bar a bit low

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Poor McGee. But hopefully this means that gurley and quick will be a full go. Time for fisher to take the reigns off

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It is the other way around. just too much world class talent in receiving on this team now. Who are you going to cover: Quick? Britt? Austin? Cook? Kendricks? Bailey? Givens?

Pass to setup the run. Nick Foles will throw for 35 times this game. That will open up the running lanes for the best offensive player in this draft Gurley.

I am expecting a 59-0 Rams win. Truth.

World class? Not even close. It is a group of average to slightly above in some cases. The Rams could really use a true world class receiver to free the other guys up. Adding Cook into that list of so called world class receivers instantly invalidates the list.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Quick must have put in some extra time, like washing Fishers car and walking his dogs and such.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Watched Quicky's most recent from the locker room interview. Gotta love that guys attitude. Can't wait to see him get a few moments.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm guessing that McGee wasn't 100%, and we moved on. I do feel sorry for him, because I read his comments yesterday. I hope the kid gets another shot at his dream, but I am happy for Bryant, to get a shot at his.

Welcome back, Quick. I think Fisher was just tired of fielding questions about you, but maybe that's just me. I hope you are 90 - 100 %, and you can help our currently anemic offense. I'm a fan, so don't get hurt, and don't disappoint.(y)