Matthew Stafford is the Biggest Inspiration For Dynamic NFL Rookie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

Rams' Matthew Stafford is the Biggest Inspiration For Dynamic NFL Rookie​

Stafford is in an inspiration for multiple young quarterbacks.

By Eva Geitheim | Aug 8, 2024​

01j4swh11sp3y4mb1jkx.jpg

Kiyoshi Mio-USA TODAY Sports

Los Angeles Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford finally began earning wider praise as one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL after leading the Rams to a Super Bowl victory over the Cincinnati Bengals in 2022. Long underrated as he played for struggling Detroit Lions teams, Stafford has gradually been recognized as one of the league's best more and more.
Stafford has also been named the favorite quarterback among several younger players, including rookie quarterback Caleb Williams, who was the No. 1 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

"He's unbelievable," Williams told Kay Adams on the Up & Adams Show. "I don't think I can name three quarterbacks that play the position better than Matthew Stafford right now ... Matthew's top-two in the league."

View: https://twitter.com/UpAndAdamsShow/status/1821640422835548507?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1821640422835548507%7Ctwgr%5Ed678cfc4c29069549ac9db87e1440a7210e3c24a%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2Frams%2Fnews%2Frams-second-year-edge-rusher-listed-as-surprise-breakout-player-for-2024

Williams added that he hated Stafford's rating in the NFL Top 100 — No. 42 — and believes he should have been much higher. Aaron Rodgers is Williams' other favorite quarterback.

Stafford also was praised by second-year quarterback C.J. Stroud this offseason, who is the reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year.
"Stafford’s a dog. He’s a dog. You don’t understand," Stroud said this past spring on the Millon Dollaz Worth of Game podcast. "That’s all I watch. I don’t watch nobody else. Stafford, dog. He will beat you with the same thing every time. All that no-look stuff, I got that from (him). That’s one of my biggest – like, I’m a fan of his.”

While he doesn't hold the amount of Pro Bowls, All-Pros, or awards that many Hall of Fame quarterbacks do, Stafford is clearly well respected around the league. He holds arguably one of the greatest arms in NFL history and is in a select category of quarterbacks who can make some of the most toughest throws on the field. Also known for his ability to make no-look passes and thread the needle, Stafford is a rare talent at the position.
The increase of respect for Stafford has also come amid the retirement of Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers missing the 2023 season with a torn Achilles. With these two quarterbacks not playing last season, Stafford became the primary great older quarterback in the NFL at 36 years old.

Stafford is coming off a 2023 season in which he helped the Rams return to the playoffs after starting the year 3-6. He threw for 3,965 yards, 24 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions as the Rams lost to the Detroit Lions in the wildcard round of the playoffs.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Right when I was thinking I didn't like Caleb Williams a ton, he goes and says something really really smart.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Rams' Matthew Stafford is the Biggest Inspiration For Dynamic NFL Rookie​

Stafford is in an inspiration for multiple young quarterbacks.

By Eva Geitheim | Aug 8, 2024​

01j4swh11sp3y4mb1jkx.jpg

Kiyoshi Mio-USA TODAY Sports

...He holds arguably one of the greatest arms in NFL history and is in a select category of quarterbacks who can make some of the most toughest throws on the field...
..."most toughest"...? Seriously?!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The young guns CJ & Caleb giving Matthew the respect he deserves. Game knows Game
Yeah I'm happy for Stafford to see him getting the accolades. Hope he's still hungry as hell for a second trophy though. Stop reading that shit 9 and go read some Foolio.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I could give less of a shit about some rookie's opinion, that hasn't done a damn thing in the NFL yet, about anything.

(not sure that makes sense, but in my drunken state, it does)

jjab360

Legend
True NFL QBs know what's up. Stafford just does what other QBs can't do, he does it consistently, and he makes it look easy.

The Skip Baylesses of football media that have never even touched a football can suck it. Those guys see 24 TDs, 11 Ints and think ho-hum nothing special. The people who actually watch the games see that he is easily one of the best QBs in the league right now.