Marcus Peters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I remember a couple weeks ago someone asked McVay... his answer was a long the lines of "Peters feels great" "Read to go"... If you watched him in KC he got beat deep also at times. I'm not saying i know fora fact.. .but I really don't think its injury related.
I would say after seeing that big ice pack taped to his calf after the Fairy9ers game He's not 100%

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am ecstatic about being 8-0. But this is not a championship secondary. Once Talib returns "Double Move" Peters won't draw guys like Adams, who will beat him like a rented mule all day every day, and overall the secondary won't be so easy to score on.

But this game demonstrates how the Rams need to draft a damn CB and add some fresh young talent to this secondary. Best CB on the field today was the rook Alexander. Maybe now the "extend Peters" talk will simmer down. Both him and Hill at this point would be better served dropping in zone. It's goddamn ugly.

Jesus we can't get Talib back soon enough. Same with Kupp who I pray returns for Nawlins.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I am ecstatic about being 8-0. But this is not a championship secondary. Once Talib returns "Double Move" Peters won't draw guys like Adams, who will beat him like a rented mule all day every day, and overall the secondary won't be so easy to score on.

But this game demonstrates how the Rams need to draft a damn CB and add some fresh young talent to this secondary. Best CB on the field today was the rook Alexander. Maybe now the "extend Peters" talk will simmer down. Both him and Hill at this point would be better served dropping in zone. It's goddamn ugly.

Jesus we can't get Talib back soon enough. Same with Kupp who I pray returns for Nawlins.

Before the season I would've been estatic to extend Peters. Now, honestly I don't know. Is he playing slightly injured? Maybe, but he gave up a TON of big plays in KC. Is it magnified now because he's always on #1 WRs since the Talib injury? Yea maybe but you expect a pro bowl corner to be better. Jiare Alexander showed much much more today.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Before the season I would've been estatic to extend Peters. Now, honestly I don't know. Is he playing slightly injured? Maybe, but he gave up a TON of big plays in KC. Is it magnified now because he's always on #1 WRs since the Talib injury? Yea maybe but you expect a pro bowl corner to be better. Jiare Alexander showed much much more today.

I agree, he's supposed to the "the guy" and giving up a second rounder isn't looking so good ATM. Only thing I can think is his injury is limiting him ability to plant and stop. If it is purely because of injury maybe we can get him locked up at a cheaper rate.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've sure been disappointed in him, but I don't see every move he makes...It just seems to me that the most of the times I see him, I'm reading his name as he chases the guy who just blew by him on a double move...No, I'm not a coach of even a real knowledgeable fan...That's just the way it seems to me...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember a couple weeks ago someone asked McVay... his answer was a long the lines of "Peters feels great" "Read to go"... If you watched him in KC he got beat deep also at times. I'm not saying i know fora fact.. .but I really don't think its injury related.

Of course peters feels great ,, of course he is ready to go. Mcvay is hardly going to out and say he isnt ..he may as well
say

"yeah marcus is gimpy as hell .. if i was every other OC we faced id go right after him..oh and by the way that calf injury is making it hard for him to cover post routes and his back pedal is a little off so you can stick him with double moves youll toast him"

i honestly think the injury is hurting and he is having to play to cover the fact that Hill is dodo .. if Talib was playing i think marcus would be out resting

Limey

Rookie
When we first saw the injury, most of us thought he was done for the season. If you watch again what happened to his leg, no way was he not injured. Watching him play, it doesn’t look to me as if he is fully mobile. I understand the arguments that it would be better to give him time to heal before the playoffs, but am happy to trust the coaches on that. Given Shields concussion history I can also understand why they might be reluctant to put him out there on every defensive play, and I don’t like the depth besides. I would draft a corner for depth but hold off on judging Peters until he is healthy. Letting a guy walk because he played poorly while sucking it up and playing hurt to help the team seems harsh to me.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
When we first saw the injury, most of us thought he was done for the season. If you watch again what happened to his leg, no way was he not injured. Watching him play, it doesn’t look to me as if he is fully mobile. I understand the arguments that it would be better to give him time to heal before the playoffs, but am happy to trust the coaches on that. Given Shields concussion history I can also understand why they might be reluctant to put him out there on every defensive play, and I don’t like the depth besides. I would draft a corner for depth but hold off on judging Peters until he is healthy. Letting a guy walk because he played poorly while sucking it up and playing hurt to help the team seems harsh to me.

It shows me for one that he's giving 100% to the Rams (or should I say 110% @-X- :whistle:) -everyone saw the injury, there is no way that's not lingering - btw we just beat the ARod and the Packers and are 8-0, can't we revel in that for a bit ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It shows me for one that he's giving 100% to the Rams (or should I say 110% @-X- :whistle:) -everyone saw the injury, there is no way that's not lingering - btw we just beat the ARod and the Packers and are 8-0, can't we revel in that for a bit ;)

It's respectable that you're givin Peters the benefit of the doubt wrt the injury. But I don't think his nagging injury has anything to do with his eye discipline problems. The dude is more concerned with making the big INT than slogging around on the field playing the call. IMO.

Not going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Why not? Because he's worn out his welcome on every single team he's ever been on. He's not a team-first guy, he's a me-first guy. And btw if I am wrong I'll be extremely happy about it when he bounces back, as he should if his problems are all injury related.

Cydekikk

UDFA
Is he becoming more of a liability than an asset?... Or am I just an overreacting fan?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Starting the vent thread early I see :D Glad I'm not in the GDT then.

Cydekikk

UDFA
My opinion: you guys are a bit uptight in moderating this forum... I mean, you all removed a thread I'd posted just because I made a claim that we as fans "bought the hype" about our defense in the preseason...and the reason given was because my opinion didn't apply to everyone....

Who does that???... Why on earth would such a thing matter?...

"24 hour cooling off period"?....lol... {smh}

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My opinion: you guys are a bit uptight in moderating this forum... I mean, you all removed a thread I'd posted just because I made a claim that we as fans "bought the hype" about our defense in the preseason...and the reason given was because my opinion didn't apply to everyone....

Who does that???... Why on earth would such a thing matter?...

"24 hour cooling off period"?....lol... {smh}
Your thread was merged. Standard procedure. Try scanning the front page or using the search function to bump existing threads before creating new threads.

It's not personal. Thanks.