Marcus Peters?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
None of the players you mentioned are holding out demanding more than the team is willing to pay them. I didnt say $5-10mil was all he is worth. What I said was everything beyond that is gravy. By the end of ADs 5th yr he will have made enough to set his family up for generations. So why not just take the $20ish mil/yr that is on the table. If $110 before taxes and agent isnt enough to set you up for generations, $25mil/ yr wont be enough either.

What's forgotten is being the face of a winning franchise in LA.

Steve Garvey was the king of LA when the Dodgers were winning... and don't get me started about how Magic Johnson was the Lord Mayor of LA for more than a decade. Magic Johnson turned a 25 year, 25M contract (which was renegotiated multiple times) into a fortune in large part because he was high profile and leveraged his LA connections.

It's increasingly seeming like now that AD got his one season of winning, he's gonna be content to, like a dragon of old, find a cave and sit on his hoard, even if it means taking the slings and arrows in Cleveland.

I dunno why people don't factor in post-career earnings. I think it's especially short sighted of AD's team (unless they are totally compromised and bent on using their client to 'reset the market')

And that's another thing. This 'resetting the market' thing.

QBs got a 30% raise in the last 3-4 years. But the cap hasn't gone up half that. Which means QBs are cannibalizing other position's bargaining power. Just ask Earl Thomas or Eric Reid.

The idea that every agent is going to try and emulate that 30% raise fails at the basic math. It's mathematically impossible to do.

What's worse is that it's yet another example of the NFL both as corporation and as players, teams, etc that are finding ways to alienate fans.

I'm all for players getting value in their short time playing which will almost certainly have a life long debt in the form of physical pain and potential disability later. That said, the players agreed to a cap and that means they have to pay all the players, including the rookies and the JAGs.

Seems like some of the agents for the elite athletes in zealously advocating for their own clients want to put all the responsibility on to the teams while asking for something that basic math tells them is impossible.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, AD and his agents are certainly alienating me. After almost 2 years of haggling I could care less if AD ever plays another down for the Rams.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
You would think that at some point winning is more important than money. Peters is already going to be set financially, only so many players get to win a SB ring. And if they are playing for the love of the game, that ring is worth more than playing for a losing team no matter how much money they throw your way.

That doesn't seem to be the case these days. When players are in their mid 20's and set to hit free agency for the first time most these guys want to cash in. The first one might be their only shot at a big contract. Guys who are on their 2nd or 3rd deal might be more interested in winning. But a lot of those guys might be passed their primes. Its just the nature of the game these days.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://youtu.be/3XGAmPRxV48
What's forgotten is being the face of a winning franchise in LA.

Steve Garvey was the king of LA when the Dodgers were winning... and don't get me started about how Magic Johnson was the Lord Mayor of LA for more than a decade. Magic Johnson turned a 25 year, 25M contract (which was renegotiated multiple times) into a fortune in large part because he was high profile and leveraged his LA connections.

It's increasingly seeming like now that AD got his one season of winning, he's gonna be content to, like a dragon of old, find a cave and sit on his hoard, even if it means taking the slings and arrows in Cleveland.

I dunno why people don't factor in post-career earnings. I think it's especially short sighted of AD's team (unless they are totally compromised and bent on using their client to 'reset the market')

And that's another thing. This 'resetting the market' thing.

QBs got a 30% raise in the last 3-4 years. But the cap hasn't gone up half that. Which means QBs are cannibalizing other position's bargaining power. Just ask Earl Thomas or Eric Reid.

The idea that every agent is going to try and emulate that 30% raise fails at the basic math. It's mathematically impossible to do.

What's worse is that it's yet another example of the NFL both as corporation and as players, teams, etc that are finding ways to alienate fans.

I'm all for players getting value in their short time playing which will almost certainly have a life long debt in the form of physical pain and potential disability later. That said, the players agreed to a cap and that means they have to pay all the players, including the rookies and the JAGs.

Seems like some of the agents for the elite athletes in zealously advocating for their own clients want to put all the responsibility on to the teams while asking for something that basic math tells them is impossible.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couldn't we say that for Suh this year? He took less money to sign with the Rams, if I recall that correctly. If so, hats off to him!
Suh is worth almost 200 million he got more than 60 million as a rookie.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard some interesting things today on Kansas City Sports radio about Marcus Peters, and they were pizzed! The cheapness of Peter's rookie contract, which they controlled (and now we do) for a couple more years and they were angry when thinking of what could have been.....Breeland,Peters, Berry and others could have been let loose in the secondary, making plays...for the same money that former Patriot Butler is making today with the Titans. Two different Radio shows did this, partly because they are excited with "franchise QB" Mahomes' play in the preseason (dude, win a game in the regular season first!). They were acknowledging that they didn't have the defense for a Super Bowl run...

The part that was really interesting was that Peters had rumbled that he wouldn't play this season without a new contract....I don't remember him uttering a single word in LA, like that.....(yet):rockon:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And still pay Goff, who we can probably sign to a much longer deal with a team-friendly structure.

Goff is going to break the bank. When he signs it will likely be the biggest QB contract ever, because he's going to demonstrate that he is elite starting this year. There will be no discounts IMO, Rams gonna pay him what he is worth.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the Rams want to test drive Peters in the locker room before looking too far down the road.

On the field he's definitely worthy of extension talk.

I hope he's with us a long time. Would be equally nice having a CB locked down long term.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Correction. It did get Beckham a contract. Donald remains to be seen but theoretical potential rumors of possible indications are good. Mack is with the raiders, so he's SOL.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Too late now! It's pitch forks and tiki torches time. My pitch fork is new, but the tiki torches aren't. Last year's model. I don't have real torches. Sorry for the low budget mob.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's ok for you to be jealous of my "pitchfork". Many are.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Such a horrible person that Marc’s Peters, he’s going to ruin the team.