Manti Te'o lied about girlfriend and her death

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some interesting bits in this interview (from September) with Sports Illustrator.

The most interesting stuff has to do with the coma bit (in my opinion).. The story that he and only he was able to get her to 'respond' when he spoke on the phone, and then he was flying back to Hawaii for summer break the day she was to be taken off life support and die...

The entire bit is really off, I'd like an explanation on that for sure. If he truly thought he was what was helping, why wouldn't he stop to see her in the hospital her last day? Obviously the family loved him, so he was welcome... And it's on the way. Shit he probably had a layover at LAX.

[textarea]TE'O: She didn't get out. She went from there. Remember she got in the accident and she was in a coma. We lost her, actually, twice. She flatlined twice. They revived her twice. It was just a trippy situation. It was a day I was flying home from South Bend to go home for summer break. It was May. Mid-May. That was the day where they said, "Bro, we're going to pull it. We're going to pull the plug." I remember having this feeling like everything is going to be OK. They were telling me, "Say your goodbyes." From April 28 to around mid-May, I was always talking to my girlfriend who was on a machine.

SI: She couldn't communicate?

TE'O: No. She could only breathe. One of the miraculous things was when I talked to her and she would hear my voice her breathing would pick up. Like quickly, and then she would start crying. But her breathing would quicken, and she would start crying. So her brother was in the room with the nurse. They were monitoring her. She said, "Who is she on the phone with?" Her boyfriend. She was like, "That's amazing. She doesn't do that with anybody else." So that happened. And then she flatlined and we were losing her.
The day I went home, that was the day they were going to pull it. They were saying their goodbyes and all that. I said, "Babe, I'm never going to say goodbye to you. If you really want to go, she really missed her dad, so I said, "If you want to go, be with dad, go. Just know that I love you very, very much." I had this very positive feeling that everything was going to be OK. I landed in Hawaii. By the time I said my goodbyes. Not my goodbyes, my I love you, I'll see you later, that kind of thing, I jumped on the airplane to go to Hawaii. They were scheduled to pull the plug while I was in the air.

So right when I landed, I was expecting to get a voicemail saying she's gone. So I landed and I had a voicemail from her brother saying, "Brother, call me back right now." So you can imagine what's going through my head. I was like, "What am I going to do? How am I going to take this?'"And so I called him back, the doctor came in and he saw something and he wants to try some treatment on her to see if it works. From there she slowly started to get better. Slowly. Eventually she came out of her coma and she started having memory problems and she couldn't remember because of the accident. That's how much damage she had to her frontal lobe. She had memory problems. I was actually the first person that she talked to. She was breathing, breathing. When I talked to her, I would say, "Babe, do you know who this is?" I knew she knew who it was because her breathing would pick up. I was like, "Relax, chill. Breathe slowly. Breathe slowly." And then, that was when she first started to speak was that conversation. I was like, "Babe, I love you. I love you." Very slightly she said, "I love you."

SI: Was that right when you got back?

TE'O: Then she started to make progress.

SI: This is unbelievable.[/textarea]

Interesting stuff.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... ax-quotes/

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And now.....there is speculation that he is gay. Couldn't care less either way really, but I have been hearing this all morning. If so, he sure found a way to draw a LOT of attention to himself with this whole thing. Reading that snippet above ^^^, it almost se3ems like he has a narcissistic personality. All I know is, if he had anything to do with this, he is a sociopath at the very least. That AND the fact that he made his name playing against sub par competition would keep me from drafting within the first 4 rounds. He got absolutely abused in the NC.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Speculation that he's gay... lol

Guess he'll end up playing in SF then.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
bluecoconuts said:
Some interesting bits in this interview (from September) with Sports Illustrator.

The most interesting stuff has to do with the coma bit (in my opinion).. The story that he and only he was able to get her to 'respond' when he spoke on the phone, and then he was flying back to Hawaii for summer break the day she was to be taken off life support and die...

The entire bit is really off, I'd like an explanation on that for sure. If he truly thought he was what was helping, why wouldn't he stop to see her in the hospital her last day? Obviously the family loved him, so he was welcome... And it's on the way. Shit he probably had a layover at LAX.

[textarea]TE'O: She didn't get out. She went from there. Remember she got in the accident and she was in a coma. We lost her, actually, twice. She flatlined twice. They revived her twice. It was just a trippy situation. It was a day I was flying home from South Bend to go home for summer break. It was May. Mid-May. That was the day where they said, "Bro, we're going to pull it. We're going to pull the plug." I remember having this feeling like everything is going to be OK. They were telling me, "Say your goodbyes." From April 28 to around mid-May, I was always talking to my girlfriend who was on a machine.

SI: She couldn't communicate?

TE'O: No. She could only breathe. One of the miraculous things was when I talked to her and she would hear my voice her breathing would pick up. Like quickly, and then she would start crying. But her breathing would quicken, and she would start crying. So her brother was in the room with the nurse. They were monitoring her. She said, "Who is she on the phone with?" Her boyfriend. She was like, "That's amazing. She doesn't do that with anybody else." So that happened. And then she flatlined and we were losing her.
The day I went home, that was the day they were going to pull it. They were saying their goodbyes and all that. I said, "Babe, I'm never going to say goodbye to you. If you really want to go, she really missed her dad, so I said, "If you want to go, be with dad, go. Just know that I love you very, very much." I had this very positive feeling that everything was going to be OK. I landed in Hawaii. By the time I said my goodbyes. Not my goodbyes, my I love you, I'll see you later, that kind of thing, I jumped on the airplane to go to Hawaii. They were scheduled to pull the plug while I was in the air.

So right when I landed, I was expecting to get a voicemail saying she's gone. So I landed and I had a voicemail from her brother saying, "Brother, call me back right now." So you can imagine what's going through my head. I was like, "What am I going to do? How am I going to take this?'"And so I called him back, the doctor came in and he saw something and he wants to try some treatment on her to see if it works. From there she slowly started to get better. Slowly. Eventually she came out of her coma and she started having memory problems and she couldn't remember because of the accident. That's how much damage she had to her frontal lobe. She had memory problems. I was actually the first person that she talked to. She was breathing, breathing. When I talked to her, I would say, "Babe, do you know who this is?" I knew she knew who it was because her breathing would pick up. I was like, "Relax, chill. Breathe slowly. Breathe slowly." And then, that was when she first started to speak was that conversation. I was like, "Babe, I love you. I love you." Very slightly she said, "I love you."

SI: Was that right when you got back?

TE'O: Then she started to make progress.

SI: This is unbelievable.[/textarea]

Interesting stuff.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... ax-quotes/

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL NO SHIT!?

Is there anyone with a fucking medical degree in ND that read this? Or anyone with a brain at least?

This story is getting so fucking dumb, I'm sorry. Don't really care anymore. I guess he didn't make it up though. Just extremely gullible, and possibly an attention whore. Nothing new really for the majority of football players. Way it's playing out now prob won't hurt his draft status too much.