LEGEND Make Us Laugh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Peppers.jpg

That's a good one. Because it does seem stupid.

Science tells a little more about it. The capsaicin in peppers triggers the release of dopamine in humans... which is associated with pleasure and reward. Some say this can feel like a "high".

It also causes adrenaline to be released and that really makes people feel extra alive.

So basically... we are just dumb mammals looking for our next fix... capsaicin hoes.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a good one. Because it does seem stupid.

Science tells a little more about it. The capsaicin in peppers triggers the release of dopamine in humans... which is associated with pleasure and reward. Some say this can feel like a "high".

It also causes adrenaline to be released and that really makes people feel extra alive.

So basically... we are just dumb mammals looking for our next fix... capsaicin hoes.
I'm one of those people that want hot hot hot! As long as it's got some flavor to it granted. There are some that just don't gave any. A good buddy of mine from El Salvador is the opposite, he sweats from Pico de gallo

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm one of those people that want hot hot hot! As long as it's got some flavor to it granted. There are some that just don't gave any. A good buddy of mine from El Salvador is the opposite, he sweats from Pico de gallo

I'm a heat junkie too.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I can eat a whole Carolina Reaper raw.

I've done that, but it was for bravado not enjoyment. Guys being guys.

That level of heat is really too much for me to enjoy... that crosses the line.

I grow a bunch myself, but I only usually have maybe 1 reaper plant. My preferred level is habanero hot. I love that level of heat and it is hotter than most people would like. I grow peppers that are generally hotter than jalapeño peppers. Like cayenne, Thai, various Caribbean habaneros, cherry peppers, and serranos. Others too that have less heat. My favorites have a certain flavor about them... not just extreme heat level.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
My favorites have a certain flavor about them... not just extreme heat level.
Agreed.

Here in the UK, you get lots of hot curries. Any idiot can throw loads of chillies into a curry; the skill is to balance the heat with other flavours to make something memorable.

Whenever I try a new curry house, I always order their hottest curry with king prawns as the protein. If a chef can make a dish that is searingly hot yet still allows the sweetness of the prawns to come through, you know that they know what they’re doing.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Agreed.

Here in the UK, you get lots of hot curries. Any idiot can throw loads of chillies into a curry; the skill is to balance the heat with other flavours to make something memorable.

Whenever I try a new curry house, I always order their hottest curry with king prawns as the protein. If a chef can make a dish that is searingly hot yet still allows the sweetness of the prawns to come through, you know that they know what they’re doing.
Wow an Englishman who enjoys spices? Rock on!

I always thought the English tried all the spices and decided they didn’t like any of them.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I can eat a whole Carolina Reaper raw.

This woman is something else, though:

View: https://youtu.be/r1JG8VfhmR8?si=gCnweFzOKruL9dlM

She's crazy rubbing it in her eyes. I remember chopping hot jalapenos for making salsa. Then I had to take a leak. I don't usually wash my hands before I take a leak. The damn pecker was burning like crazy. I was desperate. So I grabbed a soap bar, lathered it up to clean it. The wife walks in, sees me trying to rub the burning off with soap and I'm like "This isn't what it looks like! Really!"

Tano

Legend
She's crazy rubbing it in her eyes. I remember chopping hot jalapenos for making salsa. Then I had to take a leak. I don't usually wash my hands before I take a leak. The damn pecker was burning like crazy. I was desperate. So I grabbed a soap bar, lathered it up to clean it. The wife walks in, sees me trying to rub the burning off with soap and I'm like "This isn't what it looks like! Really!"
I would be screaming if I did that with my eyes.