LEGEND Make Us Laugh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
The whole story as told to me was quite funny. The guy had a full time job so if you will this was his second job. He was brazen did everything in broad daylight hit the big box stores and grocery stores. Over time he became friendly with many employees some even helping him load. Not knowing he was not on the up and up. When someone finally got wise everyone had egg on their face and just wanted the whole thing to go away. He was just told to stop and he did. As far as pallets go my understanding is the blue and green ones are the better ones. I have heard prices of 25 dollars to just a few dollars. But even at 5 dollars a pop stacking a 16 ft trailer or bigger to the gills making several runs a day would add up to some real money over time.
I haven't had to mess with pallets in decades but things must have changed because every pallet we had was a deposit pallet. As in cash paid on deposit. So we knew which pallets to accept in trade. Since we dealt with both dry and wet goods no pine or particle board crap would ever make it into our pallet stacks in the warehouse or on a truck. Only full oak with oak stringers.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't had to mess with pallets in decades but things must have changed because every pallet we had was a deposit pallet. As in cash paid on deposit. So we knew which pallets to accept in trade. Since we dealt with both dry and wet goods no pine or particle board crap would ever make it into our pallet stacks in the warehouse or on a truck. Only full oak with oak stringers.
Time will do that.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I had to look up Chep pallet. They look cheap. An embarrassment to the artisan pallet tradesman. $50 grand a year for swiping those? What is this world coming to when a thief can't even steal quality?
Chep pallets arent cheap, they are probably the strongest most durable pallets you can find. I know they are the heaviest and its not even close.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Chep pallets arent cheap, they are probably the strongest most durable pallets you can find. I know they are the heaviest and its not even close.
Yellow pine and particle board! Strong and durable? Not compared to oak. Cheap to make, YOU BET!

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I understand correctly the blue wooden chep pallets start at 25 dollars and go up. The low 5 dollar or under price many see is the pool or rental price. They are pool pallets. And yes they are heavy. And I have never seen any particle board in them. But they do make all kinds.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
  • Materials
    Wood: quality timber from a controlled selection of different wood types, primarily kiln-dried Southern Yellow Pine
    Paint: water based
    Nails: either standard or stiff stock wire

Environmentally Sound
Made from 100% reuseable or recycled materials

• Performance and Standards
    A general purpose pallet that can be safely used for most applications in the distribution and transport chain. The CHEP Block Pallet has been designed using the Pallet Design System to carry 2,800 lbs in normal operating circumstances with a uniformly distributed load.
    FM Approval applies to wood pallets that utilize composite wood blocks produced after December 30, 2008

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Yellow pine and particle board! Strong and durable? Not compared to oak. Cheap to make, YOU BET!
If I understand correctly the blue wooden chep pallets start at 25 dollars and go up. The low 5 dollar or under price many see is the pool or rental price. They are pool pallets. And yes they are heavy. And I have never seen any particle board in them. But they do make all kinds.
  • Materials
    Wood: quality timber from a controlled selection of different wood types, primarily kiln-dried Southern Yellow Pine
    Paint: water based
    Nails: either standard or stiff stock wire

Environmentally Sound
Made from 100% reuseable or recycled materials

• Performance and Standards
    A general purpose pallet that can be safely used for most applications in the distribution and transport chain. The CHEP Block Pallet has been designed using the Pallet Design System to carry 2,800 lbs in normal operating circumstances with a uniformly distributed load.
    FM Approval applies to wood pallets that utilize composite wood blocks produced after December 30, 2008
I'm going to be honest here... I need help with this joke. I have totally missed the punchline I think.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I'm going to be honest here... I need help with this joke. I have totally missed the punchline I think.
serveimage