LEGEND Make Us Laugh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1571909110954.png

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
my faux pas. please accept this pallet patio :
View attachment 31689
This is gonna sound crazy. There was a guy here locally that was stealing these Chep pallets from area businesses. Then reselling them in another area. When they caught him he admitted to doing it for 3 or 4 years making over 50 grand a year. Just using his truck a pull behind trailer his time and gas/maintenance.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
This is gonna sound crazy. There was a guy here locally that was stealing these Chep pallets from area businesses. Then reselling them in another area. When they caught him he admitted to doing it for 3 or 4 years making over 50 grand a year. Just using his truck a pull behind trailer his time and gas/maintenance.
I had to look up Chep pallet. They look cheap. An embarrassment to the artisan pallet tradesman. $50 grand a year for swiping those? What is this world coming to when a thief can't even steal quality?

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to look up Chep pallet. They look cheap. An embarrassment to the artisan pallet tradesman. $50 grand a year for swiping those? What is this world coming to when a thief can't even steal quality?
The whole story as told to me was quite funny. The guy had a full time job so if you will this was his second job. He was brazen did everything in broad daylight hit the big box stores and grocery stores. Over time he became friendly with many employees some even helping him load. Not knowing he was not on the up and up. When someone finally got wise everyone had egg on their face and just wanted the whole thing to go away. He was just told to stop and he did. As far as pallets go my understanding is the blue and green ones are the better ones. I have heard prices of 25 dollars to just a few dollars. But even at 5 dollars a pop stacking a 16 ft trailer or bigger to the gills making several runs a day would add up to some real money over time.