Make it so! Star Trek "Picard"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love the design of the ships , but I do miss the days when the bridge didn't like it was being lite by the bathroom nightlight

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xsA1H1fh4E

You ever watch the Will Wheaton podcast Ready Room? He's had quite a few people on recently including the guy who is running this season/show and they talk about the ships a little as he does when he has Frakes on.

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow, episode 4 was one of the best episodes of Trek in a long while. Every episode just gets better and better. Every performance in this episode was on point.

A couple thoughts:
Who is in charge of the changelings? Ominous figure Vadic had to report to that she greatly feared... I love the way they keep adding pieces every episode but not giving the farm away. This has potential to fall flat by the end of the season but so far they are doing a great job keeping me extremely invested in the mystery.

That end reveal "The only family i need is Starfleet"... damn cold even though unintentionally. I felt that gut punch just like Jack would have and just like Picard got once he remembered. Also, Frakes performance has been so good. They have given Riker great material to work with and I'm all here for it. Beverly too.

I'm glad Jameson Whiskey is still around in the 25th century at least.

I'm hoping they don't kill off Captain Shaw at some point because I really like him.

Oh yeah, forgot about the red door/vision Jack keeps having. Not sure what is up with that and why changelings want him.

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Wow, episode 4 was one of the best episodes of Trek in a long while. Every episode just gets better and better. Every performance in this episode was on point.

A couple thoughts:
Who is in charge of the changelings? Ominous figure Vadic had to report to that she greatly feared... I love the way they keep adding pieces every episode but not giving the farm away. This has potential to fall flat by the end of the season but so far they are doing a great job keeping me extremely invested in the mystery.

That end reveal "The only family i need is Starfleet"... damn cold even though unintentionally. I felt that gut punch just like Jack would have and just like Picard got once he remembered. Also, Frakes performance has been so good. They have given Riker great material to work with and I'm all here for it. Beverly too.

I'm glad Jameson Whiskey is still around in the 25th century at least.

I'm hoping they don't kill off Captain Shaw at some point because I really like him.

Oh yeah, forgot about the red door/vision Jack keeps having. Not sure what is up with that and why changelings want him.
yea , that Picard side story was very well done , I never saw the payoff coming , excellent writing

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
One cool thing I did learn while watching the ready room , is that Captain Shaw is named after Robert Shaw , from the movie Jaws

Psycho_X

Legend
Holy shit, I was kind of suspecting the direction this was going to go for most of the season but I still wasn't prepared for that ending of the penultimate episode. I'm just.... in awe. I felt like it was the 90s again for a few minutes. I have been emotionally compromised.
star trek bloopers GIF

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Great Episode !!

but..........

Why is it always the Borg ?

anyone watch Star Trek : Prodigy

the ending of season one , I thought , now that would make a cool live action show / movie

well............

I didn't have to wait very long , because Picard basically copied Prodigy , sure , alittle different , but for anyone who's watched Prodigy knows what I'm talking about

Psycho_X

Legend
Great Episode !!

but..........

Why is it always the Borg ?

anyone watch Star Trek : Prodigy

the ending of season one , I thought , now that would make a cool live action show / movie

well............

I didn't have to wait very long , because Picard basically copied Prodigy , sure , alittle different , but for anyone who's watched Prodigy knows what I'm talking about
I'm guessing this is it for the borg finally. They are the ultimate bad guy for TNG/Picard. It's unfortunate they were used too much in the past... the storyline last season involving them was... um... well kinda meh lol. So I agree they've been overused but out of all their appearances to date since "Best of Both Worlds" this seems the most fitting to have them. The ultimate send off for TNG would be completely defeating their ultimate bad guy.

Hopefully we get a Star Trek Legacy series with Terry Matalas to explore other baddies in the future such as the pah wraiths.

Psycho_X

Legend
Man, just what a perfect way to give the Magnificent 7 a proper send off. I could nit pick about a few things and I might after soaking it all in and rewatching the season but overall was damn near perfect.
Meme Reaction GIF

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Star Trek is sure getting female heavy

the two bad guys in Picard ......female

the crew of the new Enterprise , aka Titan , all female but Jake

the crew of Strange New Worlds , mostly female , they even killed off one of last years few males and replaced him with yet another female

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For my money a great ending to these characters I've enjoyed for many many many years.

OTU5Njc3.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Season 1 was so good I can't wait for this one.