Lots of Praise; Why Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know what more he could've done. The guy's amongst the career leaders (running backs) in rushing yards and in total yards. He's eclipsed the 10,000 yard barrier - and every running back who's done that has gotten into the Hall. And he's the Rams leading rusher. Did he get as many touchdowns as we would have liked? No. But he played behind some of the worst offensive lines in history and still managed to produce every year he was a Ram. As far as I'm concerned, he is a great player.
He was part of a losing team. He never played in a NFCCG or a Super Bowl, let alone winning either. I'm not hating, but I also feel that the Niners Frank Gore won't go in the HOF for similar reasons (never won a Super Bowl)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was part of a losing team. He never played in a NFCCG or a Super Bowl, let alone winning either. I'm not hating, but I also feel that the Niners Frank Gore won't go in the HOF for similar reasons (never won a Super Bowl)
You have to do something extra, imo, by just eclipsing 10,000 yards....13,000 yards and more I don't think you need a Super Bowl win....again, jmho

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

They never held that against Curtis Martin or Thurman Thomas. Why hold it against S-Jax?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They never held that against Curtis Martin or Thurman Thomas. Why hold it against S-Jax?
Curtis Martin 14,101 Career Yards ( 5 Time Pro Bowler, 1 Time First-Team All-Pro) Hall of Fame
Thurman Thomas 12,074 Career Yards ( 5 Time Pro Bowler, 2 Time First-Team All-Pro) Hall of Fame

Steven Jackson 10,678 Career Yards (3 Pro Bowls)

See the difference?

(remember that I said just eclipsing the 10,000 yard isn't enough, but that if a guy gets 13,000 yards he doesn't need the Super Bowl win...Well, I was a little off there..12,000+ is a better number in the modern time NFL)

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Media hates to be wrong, and they have a sneaking suspicion that we are one of the teams on the cusp. That is all there is to it, IMO.

Exactly. We're on the same page, Ram bro.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Curtis Martin 14,101 Career Yards ( 5 Time Pro Bowler, 1 Time First-Team All-Pro) Hall of Fame
Thurman Thomas 12,074 Career Yards ( 5 Time Pro Bowler, 2 Time First-Team All-Pro) Hall of Fame

Steven Jackson 10,678 Career Yards (3 Pro Bowls)

See the difference?

(remember that I said just eclipsing the 10,000 yard isn't enough, but that if a guy gets 13,000 yards he doesn't need the Super Bowl win...Well, I was a little off there..12,000+ is a better number in the modern time NFL)

Jackson hasn't retired yet. While he may not be there right now, I have no doubt in my mind that he'll get there before he signs a one-day contract with us to retire.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jackson hasn't retired yet. While he may not be there right now, I have no doubt in my mind that he'll get there before he signs a one-day contract with us to retire.
I am with you, as I would like SJAX to be rewarded for a strong career...I just read a story about RB's over 30 yrs old...Most really good RB's never get more than 450 attempts after age 30. Marshall Faulk and L. Tomlinson both got about 500 attempts after age 30....SJAX has 156 carries after age 30, giving him (at most) 344 carries left, and I think that's the extreme end, as he is not as good as either of those players..His avg per carry was 3.5 yds last year (down from 4.1 with the Rams the previous year)
3.5 x 344 = 1,204 yards....He would HAVE to do this for a chance at the HOF...The wear and tear on his body, says probably not...But hey, I hope that I am wrong.;)

Last edited:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
It's why you can never have enough RB's and you always draft one every yr. The shelf life is just too short

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Cuz their priming us up to win the Super Bowl get all these young guns for our team listening to Gregg Williams "Chase perfection knowing that it will never be caught, but in the process greatness will be achieved", Watching the GSOT and how they did it and getting advice from all those future HOF's from that GSOT squad, sounds like a sure-fire recipe to the promised land!! :D

A55VA6

Legend
To be honest, NFL Network has done a decent job in giving the Rams credit when it's due. It's ESPN that shits on the Rams no matter what. haha.

Either way, I thought it was really cool what NFL Network did by having a Rams day. Was cool to see Kurt re-watch the super bowl and wear a blue and yellow tie. He loved that 99' team, that's for sure.