Lots of Praise; Why Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm talking about the GSOT, here. It's been almost 15 years since the greatest offense ever won the SB. Dont get me wrong, I think it's been long over do and deserves more. So why now are they being featured on NFLN specials and guys like Holt, Warner, and Faulk getting camera attention. (background) "What are you getting at mr.stlouis? SPILL IT HOOKER!!!" Ok, Ok, calm down.

My deep suspicion is media circles across the country know what the Rams have this year. They can't really spend too much time gushing over us because fans would get pissed off. (Everybody hates the Rams, we're cocky underdogs with additude and smash mouth on the side. They want us licking the floor because someone has to. No other team has the GSOT in their history. It was uber special.)

Now my main point, they coulda done all these specials in 2011 or 2009. We still had players that played with Marshall Faulk and Warner back then (Jackson Bulger.) But no, they chose now. They chose now because this is the first year we have had something special for a decade. Not to mention there is nobody on this team that played with the GSOT greats. So it's fresh, and now, 100% classic. But if we didn't have a really good team right now, the GSOT would still not be talked about much. I do beleive it.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I have to believe the media is trying to cya in the event the Rams kicks the door down on the rest of the league! As you're saying Mr. STL!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I believe our D-line along with William's return gives reason for outsiders to be cautiously optimistic. Also, isn't Warner eligible for the HOF now for the first time?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I believe our D-line along with William's return gives reason for outsiders to be cautiously optimistic. Also, isn't Warner eligible for the HOF now for the first time?

Yeah. While I'd love for it to be more in line with mr.stlouis' thinking, it's HOF and GSOT anniversary that's drawing the attention IMHO.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah. While I'd love for it to be more in line with mr.stlouis' thinking, it's HOF and GSOT anniversary that's drawing the attention IMHO.
I think there are several Rams eligible this year ,half the HOF class will probably be GSOT I'd say that's the reason for the renewed focus on us

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It would be fitting if they all went at once.
I think Kevin Carter so screwed himself by bolting for Tenn, if he'd stayed here and Wistrom had too, those guys could have put up crazy sack totals and gotten themselves into the hall considering the way teams had to pass a to keep up.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to believe the media is trying to cya in the event the Rams kicks the door down on the rest of the league! As you're saying Mr. STL!

Exactly, it's an indirect way of saying "check out these bad@sses, they're back. I don't if our defense can give us "Greatest Show" status, but it's never been done before. Generally if u have a great defense then the offense is average, at best. The beauty is we dang near have a complete offense. If Britt lives up to his first round draft status, that'sabout as complete as you can get. Rams got it right.

RamzFanz- (I can't quote u because it's from my phone). You may be right, my friend. All the HOF implications imply, too. That answers the questions of "Why?," as well. They are coming up for bid on The Hall of Fame. Like I said, though, they coulda done it sooner when we still had Jackson and Bulger. If our team stunk then this attention wouldn't be happening. No one wants to hear about a present loser unless they get a new QB. ( CLE, JAC, MINN.) But any pundit can't help but to gush when they talk about us drafting Donald. It's a complete mess (Complete in the unit, a mess in the opposing back field. It's dirty back there...)

Thordaddy- I can't blame Carter, everyone loves Fisher lol. But yeah...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And the game date is the "13th!":D

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Media hates to be wrong, and they have a sneaking suspicion that we are one of the teams on the cusp. That is all there is to it, IMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think it's just because it's an anniversary and publicly revisiting the GSOT era gives more exposure to the shield.
That was special football. Like a circus. And the more people who see what the NFL has/had to offer, the better for the NFL.

It is good timing though. Story lines are also a big draw.

Ah, hell with it. I'll go with @mr.stlouis' explanation.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What hurt GSOT's reputation and it's enduring justifiable fame, was what the Patriots did in Super Bowl 36. We SHOULD have won that game. GSOT was the superior team. Some call me a whiner, but I'll never forgive the Patriots for SpyGate, AND the league for not calling the penalties they should have for roughing up our WR's..The way in which they did it, is not legal today.

The league and the press had built us up to the heights. We were the circus that they loved, but then they tore it down faster than it was built after #36. GSOT was a disappointment, that's why it took this long, with players up for the Hall of Fame.....

To this day, that special season feels like it was stolen. THAT team was better than the '99 team, imo.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think it's just because it's an anniversary and publicly revisiting the GSOT era gives more exposure to the shield.
That was special football. Like a circus. And the more people who see what the NFL has/had to offer, the better for the NFL.

It is good timing though. Story lines are also a big draw.

Ah, hell with it. I'll go with @mr.stlouis' explanation.

Hail yes!!! I know what's up, buddy! :D :D :D

Made my day, X.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yep. Would be perfectly fitting if Warner, Pace, Bruce, and Holt all went in at the same time. They deserve to have plaques up with Marshall. And when Jackson retires, he'll have a plaque as well.

SierraRam

Recreational User
What hurt GSOT's reputation and it's enduring justifiable fame, was what the Patriots did in Super Bowl 36. We SHOULD have won that game. GSOT was the superior team. Some call me a whiner, but I'll never forgive the Patriots for SpyGate, AND the league for not calling the penalties they should have for roughing up our WR's..The way in which they did it, is not legal today.

The league and the press had built us up to the heights. We were the circus that they loved, but then they tore it down faster than it was built after #36. GSOT was a disappointment, that's why it took this long, with players up for the Hall of Fame.....

To this day, that special season feels like it was stolen. THAT team was better than the '99 team, imo.

I try not to be bitter, too, but everything I've seen says their DB's flat out got away with holding. Why?

And SpyGate! Where's the film? Yeah, no conspiracy here...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I try not to be bitter, too, but everything I've seen says their DB's flat out got away with holding. Why?

And SpyGate! Where's the film? Yeah, no conspiracy here...

I'm beyond bitter. F- the scums from NE...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. Would be perfectly fitting if Warner, Pace, Bruce, and Holt all went in at the same time. They deserve to have plaques up with Marshall. And when Jackson retires, he'll have a plaque as well.
I just don't think SJAX did enough to make the Hall of Fame. It's the Hall of the Great, not of the Very Good.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I just don't think SJAX did enough to make the Hall of Fame. It's the Hall of the Great, not of the Very Good.

I don't know what more he could've done. The guy's amongst the career leaders (running backs) in rushing yards and in total yards. He's eclipsed the 10,000 yard barrier - and every running back who's done that has gotten into the Hall. And he's the Rams leading rusher. Did he get as many touchdowns as we would have liked? No. But he played behind some of the worst offensive lines in history and still managed to produce every year he was a Ram. As far as I'm concerned, he is a great player.