looks like the Dodgers were robbed of back to back World Series

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Dodgers, and Rams for that matter, need to get revenge the best way possible. By taking a title the right way. Living large.

They will never be called the Aster*sks or Cheatriots or Red Sux. That’s good enough for me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the chunks of shit can still call themselves world champs.

…..

Legend
I kinda blew this off originally.....but the more I read about it, the more it’s starting to settle upon me the great misdeeds that we’re done.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I thought the whole buzzer/electronic signal thing was an exaggeration. But Hinch never denied it when Tom Verducci asked him about it. Now I have to wonder. How far did they go to cheat? I know no matter what comes out they will vacate the title. But in everyone's minds that 2017 title has an asterisk and wasn't earned legitimately.

I was enjoying the schadenfreude with the Astros fans pissed how everyone views that title. But when you look at it, those fans are victims too. They enjoyed their first title and now they can no longer enjoy it because it was illegitimate. If they never win another title the only one they have is with an asterisk.

Personally, I don't think the punishment is anywhere near severe enough. In college a team that gets caught would not qualify for the post season for at least a year. Probably longer.

Tano

Legend
The Houston Astros just apologized for the incidents and their apologies left a lot to be desired.

I am still ticked off.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Jeez, that was one of the worst apologies I've ever seen. They know they get to keep the rings. No matter how they achieved them. I hope the baseball world will always use the "Yeah, but.." whenever someone mentions their title. All publications should have an asterisk.

Imagine how the Dodgers series woulda gone had they legitimately had to guess what pitches were coming? In that 13-12 extra inning game that the Dodgers lost because their hitters never had to change their 2 strike approach. They knew what was coming. Dodgers woulda gone back home with a 3-2 lead. They won the next game to force a game 7.

To add insult to injury, they claimed Yu Darvish was tipping his pitches. A seasoned veteran all of sudden was tipping his pitches in the biggest game of anyone's career? We know they knew what pitches were coming. But not because of any tipping. Flat out cheating.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jose Altuve .143 on the road and .427 at home. But the Astros owner doesn't think the cheating made a difference in the outcomes of games. MLB wasn't hard enough on him, nor the players. I bet with the fake apologies the commissioner is having regrets.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll say that the Cards were robbed of draft picks in 2017. Chris Correa - who went to prison and was banned from the game because he felt that Luhnow had stolen trade secrets - was right, in my honest opinion.

I have absolutely no respect remaining for Luhnow (who should've had a permanent ban from the game), the players, and Crane. Only Hinch was the one who seemed remorseful (and the report said that he took a bat to the cameras, so he was at least doing something, if not enough.)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its gonna be interesting with their road games this year. Especially in Yankee stadium. I hope the fans give them all the grief they possibly can. They got off easy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Kershaw was probably the biggest victim in all of this. He's always been criticized for not pitching well in the big October games. In game one of the 2017 series he was lights out. 7 innings one run and 11 strikeouts. A dominant performance. In game 5 he was cruising through the first 3 innings with a 4-0 lead. Then all of a sudden he starts getting hit. They score 12 runs and lose the game. He had no idea he was not on a level playing field.

The one time he coulda got the monkey off his back and the opposition was cheating the whole time. To his credit he's not reliving that game or expressing any sour grapes. But its gotta be hard to know his career will always have that one knock on him. He never could get that monkey off his back because he was cheated out of it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Big Papi living the thug life. He says Mike Fiers is a “snitch”. The rest of baseball not on the Astros is applauding his courage and are thankful for him coming forward.
But not Big Papi. He thinks Fiers told the cops where the Astros coke stash is.
What a freakin asshole. I never liked him. He cheated with roofs and escaped the media scrutiny. Then he has the nerve to back the cheaters. He’d be better off keeping his stupid comments to himself.