Looks like Fisher to Phins (official rumor thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Re: Looks like Fisher to Phins.....

Username said:
X said:
Username said:
X said:
Username said:
Nothing confirmed, but I imagine it's not good. Sigh...

Does anyone think Billick would have a problem running a 4-3 on defense?
No, he wouldn't have a problem with that. He's an offense-oriented coach.

What's everyones thoughts on that front?
Meh. That's my thoughts on that.

Just...... meh.

As are my thoughts on all the names coming up now.

Yeah, me too kinda. Hes got the experience, but he's been out a little while too. Offenses have done some unbelievable things, then some stunk it up.

I like his personality though. As well as his record and his ring.

I bet Demoffs head is spinning right now.
In the Len Pasquarelli audio that X posted yesterday, didn't Len basically say Billick has an ego problem. I think the quote from Len was, Billick "thinks he's the smartest guy in the room".

bluecoconuts

Legend

interference said:
Username said:
X said:
Username said:
X said:
Username said:

Just...... meh.

Yeah, me too kinda. Hes got the experience, but he's been out a little while too. Offenses have done some unbelievable things, then some stunk it up.

In the Len Pasquarelli audio that X posted yesterday, didn't Len basically say Billick has an ego problem. I think the quote from Len was, Billick "thinks he's the smartest guy in the room".

I don't think I really want Billick.

Really I wanted Spags another year, nobody excites me. I tried to get excited for Fisher and it looks like he's going to Miami... So basically back to square one... Lets throw a bunch of darts at a dart board and hope that we land on something halfway decent.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SOSAR.........

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

Username said:
X said:
Username said:
X said:
Username said:

Just...... meh.

If Fish gets off the hook just sign Chud and get it over with. Horton's my second choice and I don't care about the 3-4 crap, Everybody going to be running it in 5 years anyway. More speed on field to offset the passing game.

superfan24

Starter
ScotsRam said:
Spagnuolo. That's a name I could get excited about. SK royally fucked the bus here.

Exactly how I feel. ok fire Spags and BD, I didn't like it but could see why he did it....BUT now what the fuck are they trying to do.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Username said:
What's so great about Chud? Sell me.

Nothing great about him or the rest of the candidates.
He has had some success He got Derek Anderson to the pro bowl and that should alone get him in the HOF.
He took the Pathetic, impotent Panther O of 10 and got them into the top 5 in points scored and top 10 in O this year.

Other than that he has never been a head coach and who knows how that will work out. but other than Bilick and Fassel and a few others there's not much out there with exp. and success.

IMO if the Fish slime's us we'll go for a GM real fast and let him help on the coach. Any 1st time HC should have very little control till he earns it.

WTF just tell Spags it was a paper work error and bring him back. Don't even dock him for not showing up for the last week.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Yamahopper said:
Username said:

He has had some success He got Derek Anderson to the pro bowl and that should alone get him in the HOF.
He took the Pathetic, impotent Panther O of 10 and got them into the top 5 in points scored and top 10 in O this year.

Other than that he has never been a head coach and who knows how that will work out. but other than Bilick and Fassel and a few others there's not much out there with exp. and success.

IMO if the Fish slime's us we'll go for a GM real fast and let him help on the coach. Any 1st time HC should have very little control till he earns it.

WTF just tell Spags it was a paper work error and bring him back. Don't even dock him for not showing up for the last week.

Lol about Anderson, but true. I attribute almost everything that happened last year to Newton.

He's not on top of my list, but like we've said there's not much out there.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Username said:
Yamahopper said:
Username said:

Lol about Anderson, but true. I attribute almost everything that happened last year to Newton.

He's not on top of my list, but like we've said there's not much out there.

Okay it's out there now. Do you think Newt is better than Bradford? I don't but he is different type of QB. Equalish in a lot of ways.

But what I take from this is he got Derek the stiff to the PB and changed things up for Newt. So that tells me he can adapt and make Bradford elite.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Fisher may be, through his agent, just trying to create contract leverage right now.
<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_seasonticket/2012/01/is-jeff-fisher-starting-to-tip-his-hand.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_se ... -hand.html</a>

Not saying Jeff Fisher won’t pick the Miami Dolphins in the end, but in this annoying, prolonged, high-stakes poker game, it sure feels like the Fisher King is starting to tip his hand.

I think Fisher and his agent, Marvin Demoff, are trying to leverage the best possible deal from the St. Louis Rams and owner Stan Kroenke (more control, salary escalators, increased pay if team does move back to LA).

Why do I say this?

All the pro-Dolphins leaks are coming out of his camp.

The latest came Wednesday afternoon from Michael Lombardi of NFL.com, who quotes “sources close to Fisher” as indicating not only is the former Oilers/Titans coach close to making his long-awaited decision, but that it “appears he will choose” the Dolphins.

There’s also a reference to Fisher’s fear of going through another franchise relocation and his feeling “more comfortable” with the Dolphins organizational structure.

A couple of thoughts here:

– You don’t keep threatening to choose the Dolphins if you’re trying to squeeze more money/control out of Steve Ross and Co. You’d do the opposite if that were the case. Dolphins have to be at five years, $30 million … at least. And they’ve probably already increased their original bid, at least once.

–Kroenke, who also owns the Nuggets (NBA), Avalanche (NHL) and Arsenal of the English Premier League, reportedly pays Frenchman Arsene Wenger $7 million a year to manage Arsenal. Surely, that number has passed the lips of those masterminding this strange tug of war.

– This idea that Fisher “feels more comfortable with the structure in place” with the Dolphins makes little sense. He’d be inheriting a sitting GM in Miami, albeit one he’s known to some extent since Jeff Ireland’s youth, and unless we’re all missing something, Fisher wouldn’t be handed final say in personnel decisions.

In St. Louis, they’ll pick who Fisher wants as GM, and the team president (Kevin Demoff) is his agent’s son!

Unless Marvin Demoff is a terribly critical father, how could Fisher possibly prefer the front office dynamic in Miami?

–Plus, with St. Louis, Fisher gets his pick of young “franchise” QBs. It’s either Sam Bradford — who appears to be staying — or Robert Griffin III at No. 2. The Dolphins can only promise to do all they can to trade up, which would only blow out their next two drafts, and that’s only if they’re successful in that attempt.

Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn, a run at RGIII … all of them sound good in theory, but none of it can be written in stone the way Bradford/Griffin (or even Luck) can be.

–A franchise relocation would be difficult, especially since Fisher has already suffered through it once after the Oilers left Houston. But if the Rams do move, it almost certainly would be back to LA, and Fisher is a native of Southern California who played at USC.

Your thoughts as we all sit here trying to read the tea leaves?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'll tell you what, if Fishers teams create as much confusion as this they might be able to win something.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Faceplant said:
SOSAR.........

B/c there's a chance that the "hot name" coach might not come here??

It seems to me Kroenke/Demoff are making sure they have a plan B, interviewing a host of other guys.

Yamahopper said:
Username said:

So what?? 9 out of 12 playoff teams are 1st time HCs. Even John Fox was a 1st time HC that got Carolina to the SB and to the playoffs a number of times.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
SoftliSTL Tony Softli
Rams brass heading back to Denver for another summit with new Head Coach candidates (Aaron Kromer and Rob Chudzinski) and Mr. Kroenke

Hmmmm.

Anonymous

Angry Ram said:
Faceplant said:
SOSAR.........

It seems to me Kroenke/Demoff are making sure they have a plan B, interviewing a host of other guys.

Yamahopper said:
Username said:

So what?? 9 out of 12 playoff teams are 1st time HCs. Even John Fox was a 1st time HC that got Carolina to the SB and to the playoffs a number of times.

Some plan. :roll: I hope it's only posturing by both sides rather than the Rams scrambling weeks into the process to cover their ass.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
Faceplant said:
SOSAR.........

No. Because there is always a sense of disorganization within this "organization". That and the product has been crap for as long as I can remember (minus the few GSOT years). Here's hoping for change!!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
ScotsRam said:
I'll tell you what, if Fishers teams create as much confusion as this they might be able to win something.
This is great theater

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
squeaky wheel said:
Angry Ram said:
Faceplant said:
SOSAR.........

Yamahopper said:
Username said:

Some plan. :roll: I hope it's only posturing by both sides rather than the Rams scrambling weeks into the process to cover their ass.

Well you can take a Fish to water but can't make him swim.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Faceplant said:
X said:
Faceplant said:
Schefter is reporting that the Rams will interview Chudzinski tomorrow. Interesting.......
Yeah, it's scheduled. Schedules are easily broken, but it is interesting. Sounds like even the Rams don't know.

Save the drama for your momma, Jeff. Give your "official" word and let's either welcome you or kick you in the nards. I'm tired of hearing your name already.

x1000000000. Haha, you said "nards"!! I actually like the idea of Chudzinski (I know, I know another inexperienced HC)..........

Yeah - what's up with that Grampa. You dating youseff man. Paulie need a cane?