Looks like Fisher to Phins (official rumor thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Though the wait is frustrating, I've taken longer to pick the color of paint in a bathroom. I like the fact that the guy is taking his time to make the right decision. Now he also takes the risk that one of the other candidates blows Stan's socks off or they hire a GM and he has his own coach in mind.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Faceplant said:
Interesting.....

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 47m

A source close to Jeff Fisher insisted delay in chossing bw MIA and STL is not a leverage play and neither side has yet to make an offer.

Very interesting if true. Do you suppose the two teams asked him to come back with what he wants in a contract?

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
Yamahopper said:
squeaky wheel said:
If I was in his place I would do the same. I think most everyone would too. It's a great place to be.

Do we want a guy that's trying to squezze out every nickle he can possiblly extract and play head games with the people he will be working for?

Or do we want a coach that wants to be here. This is the RAMS. The RAMS don't beg.

Fisher= Whore with a mullet

It's only business. Rams need him more than he needs the Rams. So we wait until the deal is reached.

No we don't. No one man should be above the team. If he wanted to be a part of the team then he would be. It seems that he wants money and power, and is willing to screw over at least one franchise (possibly both) to get it. That's not a good message to send to your players. He can go to Miami, he's not worth it. The only coach worth it for any sport would be Scotty Bowman, Jeff Fisher isn't that good of a coach where you should do this type of stuff for him. He is playing a game with the future of two teams out of greed. I don't want that.

Welcome to the world of capitalism. At this time it is a market of ONE. Now take a breath, relax, flush, pull up the big boy pants and wait for the decision. I can't understand all the angst based upon NOTHING other than having to wait. No one other than the principals involved know what the issues are in the negotiations.....so chill. SK is a billionaire.....for once I like our chances.

Its not a market of one, and never has been. When you put all your eggs into one basket, then you're screwed if it doesn't work out. We aren't just looking to replace the HC. We're trying to build an entire staff. Coaches, assistants, GM. We STILL don't have a president. Fisher doesn't fix everything, and waiting for him to pick, longer and longer makes it much harder on both the front office, and the players.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If I were Kroenke, I'd make it clear to Mr. 6 winnings seasons in 15 years to make a decision by Friday or they're moving on.

See, this is exactly why I don't like "name" guys.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
Yamahopper said:
squeaky wheel said:
If I was in his place I would do the same. I think most everyone would too. It's a great place to be.

Do we want a guy that's trying to squezze out every nickle he can possiblly extract and play head games with the people he will be working for?

Or do we want a coach that wants to be here. This is the RAMS. The RAMS don't beg.

It's only business. Rams need him more than he needs the Rams. So we wait until the deal is reached.

No we don't. No one man should be above the team. If he wanted to be a part of the team then he would be. It seems that he wants money and power, and is willing to screw over at least one franchise (possibly both) to get it. That's not a good message to send to your players. He can go to Miami, he's not worth it. The only coach worth it for any sport would be Scotty Bowman, Jeff Fisher isn't that good of a coach where you should do this type of stuff for him. He is playing a game with the future of two teams out of greed. I don't want that.

Welcome to the world of capitalism. At this time it is a market of ONE. Now take a breath, relax, flush, pull up the big boy pants and wait for the decision. I can't understand all the angst based upon NOTHING other than having to wait. No one other than the principals involved know what the issues are in the negotiations.....so chill. SK is a billionaire.....for once I like our chances.

Its not a market of one, and never has been. When you put all your eggs into one basket, then you're screwed if it doesn't work out. We aren't just looking to replace the HC. We're trying to build an entire staff. Coaches, assistants, GM. We STILL don't have a president. Fisher doesn't fix everything, and waiting for him to pick, longer and longer makes it much harder on both the front office, and the players.

It is a market of ONE and remains so. Experience comes at a cost.

Anonymous

Angry Ram said:
If I were Kroenke, I'd make it clear to Mr. 6 winnings seasons in 15 years to make a decision by Friday or they're moving on.

It may well come down to that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
Yamahopper said:
squeaky wheel said:

It is a market of ONE and remains so. Experience comes at a cost.

It's a market of one for you maybe, because he's the guy you want, but there are other coaches out there. With his level of experience? No, but that doesn't make him into some football god who will come in and fix everything. He was a decent coach with the Titans, and that was about it. He wasn't leading them to undefeated seasons and deep into the playoffs every year.

Anonymous

Angry Ram said:

steferfootball

Starter
Angry Ram said:

If I were Kroenke, I'd make sure to explicitly call him "Mr. 6 winnings seasons in 15 years," right after he gets out of Demoff's car.
squeaky wheel said:
Angry Ram said:

squeaky wheel said:
Angry Ram said:

Your post was definitely more insightful the second time. :cheese:

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
It's a market of one for you maybe, because he's the guy you want, but there are other coaches out there. With his level of experience? No, but that doesn't make him into some football god who will come in and fix everything. He was a decent coach with the Titans, and that was about it. He wasn't leading them to undefeated seasons and deep into the playoffs every year.

For experience he is the market of one. It's a great place to be. Oh and since I've watched him since the move....he is an EXCEPTIONAL HC.....one that the Rams desperately need.

Anonymous

steferfootball said:
Angry Ram said:

If I were Kroenke, I'd make sure to explicitly call him "Mr. 6 winnings seasons in 15 years," right after he gets out of Demoff's car.
squeaky wheel said:
Angry Ram said:

squeaky wheel said:
Angry Ram said:

Your post was definitely more insightful the second time. :cheese:

I was speaking about the decision part......not the descriptive part.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Wait!!!.......Sorry I didn't read the topic. I just saw that it was 12 pages long so I thought it must be about Bulger.
Nevermind.