Looks like 4 QBs off the board before 23

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes it would:yay:

Find the best prospect in these positions @ #23 ...Edge Rusher, Nose Tackle, Corner or Swing OT !

Yep. Only thing that concerns me with OT is the impact side of things. The defenders at 23 are likely going to include a few choices who could have instant and significant starting impact to our defense. OT will be a depth guy behind Big Whit, at best he'll compete with Brown at RG or Hav at RT where both probably are going to play well for us next year.

OG the same deal. I do think those guys start faster, irt impact on the line, but what would, say, Wynn's impact be to our RG position in comparison to standing pat with Brown for next season?

Hopefully we'll feel a lot better about it after the FA period, where maybe they'll lock down Brown/Hav or Saff/Hav or whatever idk, maybe bring in a couple depth vet types under 3 year deals who might start after Kromer works them up a bit.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yep. Only thing that concerns me with OT is the impact side of things. The defenders at 23 are likely going to include a few choices who could have instant and significant starting impact to our defense. OT will be a depth guy behind Big Whit, at best he'll compete with Brown at RG or Hav at RT where both probably are going to play well for us next year.

OG the same deal. I do think those guys start faster, irt impact on the line, but what would, say, Wynn's impact be to our RG position in comparison to standing pat with Brown for next season?

Hopefully we'll feel a lot better about it after the FA period, where maybe they'll lock down Brown/Hav or Saff/Hav or whatever idk, maybe bring in a couple depth vet types under 3 year deals who might start after Kromer works them up a bit.

Agree about the OT in the first round having very little positive impact this upcoming season. But it would come awful handy in 2019 season when the Rams have big vacancy issues on the OL. That's why I would have preferred to go the FA'cy route IF it were available @ LT. Chances that the situation @ LT will change this season is highly unlikely. On the LT post it might be best to take the gamble & wait till 2019 FA'cy when things do improve overall. It just takes way too long to develop OL'ers to spend 1st & 2nd day draft selections on them. Does not make any sense.

I still lean heavy to test the mindset of our 3 future UFA's this time next year NOW! I would be hot on those 3 to get an extension on @ least one of them. I would also be warm to securing John Sullivan back. I prefer to know now where they are & if they plan on rejecting the Rams offers. If it looks like they want a Kings ransom & lean on rejecting us for bigger $$$. I would go hard NOW to sign a NON Ram interior 2018 UFA OL'er locked in for a long term contract maybe even two OL'ers because there are some good ones out there. You do not want to have to seal with 3 starting OL'ers no longer under contract next year @ this time!

This defense is in need of several high impact players now, who will play for economy contracts. Usually you can get quick dividends @ 34 D Edge Rushers & CB's in the draft. The NT position is usually a bit tricky. However this years draft is one of the better ones for some excellent NT prospects it would be foolish not to secure a few to play next to Aaron Donald. I would hope to get AD 2 new young close playmates @ right OSLB'er & NT. The 2018 impact could be explosive.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the LT post it might be best to take the gamble & wait till 2019 FA'cy when things do improve overall.

Definitely wait on LT. Move up in the draft in 2019 if you need to, and get it done worst case scenario. For now the Rams have a good LT that a lot of teams would kill for. They will probably bring in multiple project types midrounds on, but they will be destined for the other four positions on the OL; for LT they're probably going to need to draft it in round 1, round 2 at the latest.

This defense is in need of several high impact players now, who will play for economy contracts. Usually you can get quick dividends @ 34 D Edge Rushers & CB's in the draft. The NT position is usually a bit tricky. However this years draft is one of the better ones for some excellent NT prospects it would be foolish not to secure a few to play next to Aaron Donald. I would hope to get AD 2 new young close playmates @ right OSLB'er & NT. The 2018 impact could be explosive.

Could not agree more. Way I see this draft roughly breaking down (looking at rough value vs team needs)...

ROUND
1. LB/CB/NT
3. LB/CB/NT
4. LB/CB/NT
5. OL/BPA
6. OL/BPA
6. OL/BPA
6. OL/BPA

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Lamar Jackson is gonna go a lot earlier than many think.
I’d put him ahead of Allen

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bold offseason predictions for all 32 NFL teams
ESPN.com

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x180209/2018-nfl-bold-offseason-predictions-all-32-teams

The Bills will trade up to select a quarterback in the first round of the draft
The Patriots will draft a quarterback in the first two rounds
The experienced quarterback the Browns will add will not be Kirk Cousins
The Jaguars will select a quarterback in the first or second round of the draft
For the first time since 2010-11, the Bears could draft a quarterback in consecutive years
The Cardinals will make a major move to acquire the quarterback they need

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
It might be wise for us to add 1-2 NTs via FA, thus allowing us to focus on Edges & CBs and OL

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It might be wise for us to add 1-2 NTs via FA, thus allowing us to focus on Edges & CBs and OL

That is possible. Only thing that makes me think the Rams would avoid doing that is the money they have in Brock and the fact they're probably going to be paying AD somewhere around $20M on top of that.

But if the money in the position is not a concern, I'd say they'll go after Poe. He's the best fit for Wade on the nose, because he can get upfield from time to time and on top of AD and Brock that would be a pretty nice addition.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams might return to UFA NT Tyrunn Walker. He did not have a bad season & certainly was cheap enough to really help out on the salary cap issue. It was Walkers first season playing NT in the 34 D. Walker will be 28 yr old this season & has 5 yrs of experience in the NFL. He is the largest DL we had last season. Rams also have Omarius Bryant who is bigger than Walker. He spent the season on the Rams PS. I have the opinion that with the salary cap $$ tied up with Donald & Brockers the best thing to do is to draft the teams starting NT to go with Walker & Bryant. Plus they still have last season starting NT signed in Ethan Westbrooks.
That is possible. Only thing that makes me think the Rams would avoid doing that is the money they have in Brock and the fact they're probably going to be paying AD somewhere around $20M on top of that.

But if the money in the position is not a concern, I'd say they'll go after Poe. He's the best fit for Wade on the nose, because he can get upfield from time to time and on top of AD and Brock that would be a pretty nice addition.
I would prefer tht the Rams pass on Poe

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Yes it would:yay:

Find the best prospect in these positions @ #23 ...Edge Rusher, Nose Tackle, Corner or Swing OT !

What could happen if that many QBs go and then a few other need type players, is the Rams could be in a unique spot at #23.

As much as we discuss needs and our preferences to address them, picking a guy who your team sees as the absolute best player at his position is never a bad pick (if your right!). They end up being franchise players. See Gurley and Donald. We really didn't have a glaring need at either position when those guys were drafted.

Now if that franchise type player happens to be a position of need...