Looks like 4 QBs off the board before 23

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield at this point, with no workouts yet (which tend to improve QB standing more often than it hurts them). Allen had a real nice bounceback in the second half of the Senior Bowl, and Mayfield killed it all week in practice. With all the QB-needy teams drafting in the top 15, we can pretty much bank that four QBs will come off the board before we pick.

IMO the Rams are going to get the 19th pick in terms of non-QBs.

What would be really cool is if one or two of those next tier QBs leads a team to fall in love with them, and sneak into the Rams' hood leading to someone wanting to jump up for them. Some might think this is a stretch, but Mike White for example has been flyin under the radar for some time and had a great performance in very limited snaps today in the Senior Bowl.

The more QBs that move up the better it is for us.

Name
Rod
Don't know if anyone else saw what I saw, but I fell in love with that Laulatta (sp) kid from Richmond. Pretty quick release, moves well in the pocket, and uncanny accuracy. Saw him throw long and also quick in a tight window. He could be there toward the end of the first round.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't know if anyone else saw what I saw, but I fell in love with that Laulatta (sp) kid from Richmond. Pretty quick release, moves well in the pocket, and uncanny accuracy. Saw him throw long and also quick in a tight window. He could be there toward the end of the first round.

Yeah he won MVP of the game and rightly so. Doubt he goes round 1 after the workouts (doesn't have high end round 1 arm) but never know. I'd be very happy with both him and White going before 23. :D

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah he won MVP of the game and rightly so. Doubt he goes round 1 after the workouts (doesn't have high end round 1 arm) but never know. I'd be very happy with both him and White going before 23. :D

Let's not forget about Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma State) and Luke Falk (Washington State). I think both of them go before White.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's not forget about Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma State) and Luke Falk (Washington State). I think both of them go before White.

Not so sure about Rudolph. But Falk? Yeah, maybe so, he had a great week of practice.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I want Vita to land in our laps.

Figuratively.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. Did you see Washington's last Bowl game? I believe it was against Penn St. and his performance was unimpressive. I watched every snap he was in on and I think he made 1 play all game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's good with me. The more QBs that go before us, the better.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Thats a fact! This would make this a super draft for us if it were so. Many teams have aging hurt & just plain ineffective QB's at this time. It would not surprise me either if there were some major reaches in the QB area along the same line of thought @ Left OT's too. Leaving Snead & company a savory top defensive impact player falling right into our laps!:D

Being able to come out of this 2018 draft with the best NT (replacing Ethan Westbrooks)or top 2 or 3 Edge Rushers (replacing out of position/damaged & wore down Rob Quinn & departed Barwin) would pay big dividends with reworking our problematic defense into a top tier category in 2018. Draft Defense & win big!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RBs fall into this category. As well as WRs if we're being honest.

That's potentially Barkley, Grice and 2 WRs.

So potentially 8 players come off the board that we don't need anyways.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RBs fall into this category. As well as WRs if we're being honest.

That's potentially Barkley, Grice and 2 WRs.

So potentially 8 players come off the board that we don't need anyways.

Obviously Barkley is off the board, yeah. So we can count that as five. After him it's kind of tough, given the depth of the RB position plus that we don't have their 40 times just yet, which are gonna skew things.

With the wideouts I'm not so sure. They're coveted and it's a weaker class so I'd tend to agree teams might jump on what's there early, but gonna wait for the workouts tbh.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
THIS^^!!

Thats a fact! This would make this a super draft for us if it were so. Many teams have aging hurt & just plain ineffective QB's at this time. It would not surprise me either if there were some major reaches in the QB area along the same line of thought @ Left OT's too. Leaving Snead & company a savory top defensive impact player falling right into our laps!:D

Being able to come out of this 2018 draft with the best NT (replacing Ethan Westbrooks)or top 2 or 3 Edge Rushers (replacing out of position/damaged & wore down Rob Quinn & departed Barwin) would pay big dividends with reworking our problematic defense into a top tier category in 2018. Draft Defense & win big!
AND THIS^^!! I hope 7 or 8 QB's go before the Rams pick so McVay/Snead can get the Steal of the Draft, which ever that BPA is, OL-DL-LB-CB!!!(y);):D

WestCoastRam

Legend
With QBs in the 1st round and us drafting at the bottom of it, I always hope there are actually guys that last until our pick tempting a team to trade up from the 2nd round for them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just wanted to update who I think are probably goners by the time 23 comes around. Most of these guys shouldn't be too affected with workouts, or their film is so good I doubt they'll run slow or underperform in underwear Olympics and/or it won't matter to teams.

* 4 QBs: Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield (And if one of them is there at 23 the Rams get a huge trade down deal).
* OG Nelson: he isn't going to get by Chicago, but if he does won't drop far from there.
* RB Barkley: top five (isn't going to run subpar time).
* S Fitzpatrick: top ten (won't run subpar time but if he does he will still be gone, impact defender for most defenses).
* ILB Edmunds: young as F, super-elite measurables and flexibility to where he'll play, gone top fifteen almost for sure.
* CB J Jackson: covered him in the CB thread, don't see him getting out of top fifteen barring bad 40 time; unlikely.
* DE Davenport: measurables will push him up board, teams already all over him, top twenty.
* WR Ridley: instant starter in a weak WR class, he won't see twenty.
* S James: freakish athlete will be upgrade for too many teams in top twenty.
* NT Vea: I want to say top ten but that's if he tests well but no doubt in my mind he's gone top twenty.

So thirteen right now that I am pretty sure will be off the board when the Rams draft. From there things get muddy fast...

I'd like to say maybe 2 OTs will be gone too, but they're hard to figure in this class. Gotta watch more clips of them as a position don't feel like I have a good grasp of them tbh. That is a position that always rises in the draft, so it's to be expected to see reaches with them (some of the round 2 types right now probably gonna rise a little like Kolton Miller for example). Plan on starting an OT thread here soon, as it's a fascinating position of need for the Rams, maybe terrifying is the better word, along with interior OL.

Also there will be at least one or two more CBs off the board too, as it's an elite position of need like pass rushers and there are four IMO who possess top cover skills in this class.

If we roughly spitball from there, you have a group that includes a lot of needs that has to get through 6 to 8 picks. I think at this point I can say a few things...

1. Trading down looks really smart for the Rams. Only way that doesn't happen is if the guy who slides to 23 (there's always one) is a need. Overall the quality of players well into round 2 is really good and full of need positions.

2. Positions of need that are likely to have impact type players are OLB, CB, ILB.

3. If the OL needs drive Les to address it early there is a very good chance the Rams move down first. He might see a guy like Wynn as an impact player, but with the likelihood of thin OT talent at the top being thinned by reaches it makes sense to drop a little at least and garner another pick before taking one then to go get your interior types later in the draft.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I wonder what the chance will be of the Rams trading down but staying in the 1st...

Probably not great as the people that would have draft capital to trade - this year - will most likely not be at the end of the 1st round but the beginning of the 2nd.