Looking for news on Laurenitis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Rams have (had) been searching for a MLB since Fletcher left - 10 flippin' years. and we now have easily a top 10, (and arguably a top 5) MLB, (check the stats), and people still want to bitch. :wtf: :jerkoff:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
trlrky.gif

lockdnram21

Legend
Also JL wasn't even ranked in top 20 of middle line backers let alone the top 10 as many claim

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I don't see it as much of a debate. Some think he's overrated, and some don't.
There's absolutely no way to qualify or quantify "overrated." It's purely a subjective term.
I agree, thus the quotation marks. I think it's another case of someone evaluating a contract and not what he means to the team. But that's just my take on things. I could be wrong.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I agree, thus the quotation marks. I think it's another case of someone evaluating a contract and not what he means to the team. But that's just my take on things. I could be wrong.
Could be. I don't think he's overrated, and my definition of that is this. "Is he getting more hype than the production he offers?" He's not over-hyped. He's not overpaid. He produces. Where he ranks is where he ranks. I can't recall very many times that I've seen him get washed out of a play, miss a tackle or give up a home run. I do see him getting people into position and calling audibles, and I do see him leading by example. I also know what a liability looks like. Don't see that either.

Could we do better? I'm sure we could. We could do better at every position on the field outside of RDE and P. Laurinaitis is an important cog in what could make for a very well oiled machine, and I'd take a half dozen more like him on defense in a heartbeat. But that's just *my* opinion.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
He's also missed a lot of tackles for the money he makes he should be more consistent. It's no different then when people talk about our receivers. I have nothing against JL I just feel he is overrated. He's a good leader gets people in the right spots. But that still doesn't change that I think he's overrated
apparently you didn't read the JL article defending him about being overpaid. his numbers and consistency rival other top MLBs and had the same number of missed tackles as the other top 5. the position is more about making splash plays. This isn't Madden

lockdnram21

Legend
apparently you didn't read the JL article defending him about being overpaid. his numbers and consistency rival other top MLBs and had the same number of missed tackles as the other top 5. the position is more about making splash plays. This isn't Madden

Wouldn't know about Madden don't play it. But know what I see when I watch games.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is a fun thread :sick:. I'll tell you who does suck, Bradford, now were full on RamStalk :party:
I have my problems with Lock's "over-rated" post but let's not go there. Really? Anyone who wants to keep bringing up comparisons to RamsTalk can just stay over there and deal with that troll kingdom. Sorry - but I am tired of seeing this bullshit. We are not going to go after everyone for having a different take but this site does just fine at having the community get rid of hideous posts without the moderators having to be the heavy all the time. I think that one will soon be gone and not at the hands of the Mods but by YOU the ROD community. And yeah.... THAT would ever happen on the PD - or any other site for that matter.

I get what you're saying but please don't be THAT guy.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I have my problems with Lock's "over-rated" post but let's not go there. Really? Anyone who wants to keep bringing up comparisons to RamsTalk can just stay over there and deal with that troll kingdom. Sorry - but I am tired of seeing this bullcrap. We are not going to go after everyone for having a different take but this site does just fine at having the community get rid of hideous posts without the moderators having to be the heavy all the time. I think that one will soon be gone and not at the hands of the Mods but by YOU the ROD community. And yeah.... THAT would ever happen on the PD - or any other site for that matter.

I get what you're saying but please don't be THAT guy.
We need an "applause" smiley. Now Goddammit!

503 - I assume you meant never, or 'like' THAT. (What does 503 mean anyway?)

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
AS far as his salary goes, anyone notice the absence of the "Bradford's overpaid!" rants lately?

What the Fantasy/Madden world never seems to understand, is the Rams started COMPLETELY rebuilding only TWO years ago. Even the start-up Panthers and Jags had better players.
Fisher understands you need a core, and given the position the Rams were in, they may have overpaid a bit, but not significantly.
People never bitch about overpaying for a good meal, but never forget a crappy one, regardless of price.

Dick84

If JL is overpaid... it's slightly. If it's overrated.. it's slightly.
He's a good guy, a good player, and by all accounts a team leader.

I'm fine with him.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JL is one of only 2 linebackers in the entire league that didn't give up a touchdown in coverage despite dropping back more than 52 percent of the time. His tackles are down field because that's his job to patrol the center of the field but he still had 3 1/2 sacks not to mentioned in only missed like 3 snaps in his entire career. Look who people call the Luke kuechly he is a assist tackling machine but he is considered elite to me he is vastly overrated