Looking for news on Laurenitis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I just did a quick search and came up empty on our defensive captain's status. I know he has been there but missing this much of TC in the new Williams' era has me a bit concerned. I'd like to see him dressed and taking some reps before the last week of TC just to get the timing with other players moving in the right direction.

This team needs a fast start in the first quarter of the season to have a shot at the playoffs I have my doubts it happens with out JLau

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I just did a quick search and came up empty on our defensive captain's status. I know he has been there but missing this much of TC in the new Williams' era has me a bit concerned. I'd like to see him dressed and taking some reps before the last week of TC just to get the timing with other players moving in the right direction.

This team needs a fast start in the first quarter of the season to have a shot at the playoffs I have my doubts it happens with out JLau

He's out of the boot. That's all I know. We may get to see him in the 4th preseason game. I wouldn't bet on anything before that.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It's a blessing in disguise - I'm not worried about JL missing reps now / he doesn't need reps now to know the defense.

The backup linebackers, on the other hand, look like they need reps if the Saints game is any indicator.

Dunbar, Armstrong, and Steward all had some really bad moments.

I understand Bates has been first up filling in at MLB and he had some decent and also some not so decent snaps. I'd like to see all of those guys getting some more experience these next few weeks.

A55VA6

Legend
Last night on The Fast Lane, D'Marco asked Nick Wagoner about JL and Nick said it's just an ankle sprain and they're being cautious with him. If they had a regular season game tomorrow, he would play. So that is good news.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
It's a blessing in disguise - I'm not worried about JL missing reps now / he doesn't need reps now to know the defense.

The backup linebackers, on the other hand, look like they need reps if the Saints game is any indicator.

I understand Bates has been first up filling in at MLB and he had some decent and also some not so decent snaps. I'd like to see all of those guys getting some more experience these next few weeks.

Bates is still getting all of his reps with the second unit, Dunbar has assumed the role with the 1st unit @ MLB. with Armstrong filling in at WLB. The guy who seems to be benefiting the most , moving up to 2nd unit reps at this point, is Lawrence Wilson. He is now taking Armstrong place @ WLB with the "2's"

Laurinaitis most likely will miss at least the next 2 PS games, with a possible return in the final game in Miami. While not considered to have a "serious" ankle sprain, you don't spend a week in a walking boot for a minor sprain either. As others have said, if this were a regular season game, as he has shown for EVERY game of his career, he would be out there. But there is zero reason to push it with him, or Brockers, for that matter and risk further injury.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Tree too...first or second running play of the game was right at him....Speaking of the LB's, especially Jo Lonn, here's a lil piece I just read on him....I am hoping he plays a lil better Saturday vs Lacy & Starks
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/dunbar-looks-rebound-season-rams

lockdnram21

Legend
So ya mad so ya want my reply deleted. Lol ya something else. Dude is overpaid and overrated I call it like I see it

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Wonder if this is something that is getting more serious. Went to a season ticket luncheon at Rams Park back in I believe February or so... and Laurinaitis walked through on the way to the training room. He had a walking boot on then too. Demoff said it was no big deal.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So ya mad so ya want my reply deleted. Lol ya something else. Dude is overpaid and overrated I call it like I see it

Dude is always around the ball, recovers fumbles, makes tackles and is the leader of a our defense. That's what you pay for a second contract man. The reason I disliked your post is because you seem to have a beef with JL whenever he is mentioned. You've made your point before about him.

lockdnram21

Legend
Dude is always around the ball, recovers fumbles, makes tackles and is the leader of a our defense. That's what you pay for a second contract man. The reason I disliked your post is because you seem to have a beef with JL whenever he is mentioned. You've made your point before about him.
He's also missed a lot of tackles for the money he makes he should be more consistent. It's no different then when people talk about our receivers. I have nothing against JL I just feel he is overrated. He's a good leader gets people in the right spots. But that still doesn't change that I think he's overrated

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
If you agree why you make your don't so small lol
I wouldn't call Laurinaitis over-rated by any stretch of the imagination. He might not be the flashiest MLB in the game, but he's about as intelligent as they come and a sure tackler. This article is a couple years old, but something for reference anyway.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/05/three-years-of-tacklnig-efficiency-linebackers/

Also, the irony of calling JL over-rated and predicting that Quick will be a "monster" this year...o_O

lockdnram21

Legend
I wouldn't call Laurinaitis over-rated by any stretch of the imagination. He might not be the flashiest MLB in the game, but he's about as intelligent as they come and a sure tackler. This article is a couple years old, but something for reference anyway.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/05/three-years-of-tacklnig-efficiency-linebackers/

Also, the irony of calling JL over-rated and predicting that Quick will be a "monster" this year...o_O

How is that ironic? I feel Quick is going to have a way better year then before. It takes some WR 3 years. He's flashed his potential and I think if Bradford wouldn't have got hurt he would have a better season. There's also a difference Quick doesn't get paid a ton of money like JL if he was making what JL is making I would be saying the same thing. His pay doesn't match his production

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He's also missed a lot of tackles for the money he makes he should be more consistent. It's no different then when people talk about our receivers. I have nothing against JL I just feel he is overrated. He's a good leader gets people in the right spots. But that still doesn't change that I think he's overrated

I hear what you are saying and maybe he is slightly overrated by Ram fans. He is still a top 10-15 player at the position. My only gripe with him is I wish he filled better and made more tackles at the line. A lot of his tackles are 4 yards or so downfield. He has great intangibles which make up for a lot.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have never been one to care much about what a guy makes. If he and the team agree to a contract I'm ok with that, good for them. I prefer to look at production regardless of what they make, some guys are just better fits no matter what they make in my opinion and JL is one of those guys. Could they get someone better?? I don't see anyone out there that I would have changed in this draft that could take his place.

My main concern with him missing reps is one of cohesiveness. I know he can jump in there and play but that puts at least 2 guys out of the positions they have been playing. Can they get it done, yeah probably but not as well as if they have been playing together for a month.

lockdnram21

Legend
Just like when Cook came and he signed that big contract people expect a elite TE. I expect a elite MLB and that's not what we're getting imo