Looking at 2020 uniforms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, the logo/jersey reveal is really perplexing to me, it makes no sense. Especially with how disastrous the logo reveal was. I tend to go on internal rants when I think about it, because it just doesn't make sense, from top to bottom.

First the logo gets leaked, but not only leaked, but the worst representation of it gets leaked. Immediately fans are hating on it, and the Rams end up saying it's not the logo, but clearly they were splitting hairs by talk of the neon bent put on it when fans were talking about the design. The Rams knew that, they had to know there was going to be backlash, but what do they do? Fuck it, press on.

Logo reveal and it's a disaster. I've grown less fond of the Rams head overtime, and that's a shame. I love the colors, I love the team, I can even get behind having those logos be small little alternate logos for merch like a golfing polo or something, but as the primary logos? Fucking blech, it just doesn't do it for me. Whatever, it happens, all we can do is hope that the Rams will update/tweak/fix them and not just go "Fuck it, we'll just stick with these long enough until everyone stops actively hating them." which is my biggest fear constantly. That will happen, fans will eventually stop actively hating on the logos, at least the vast majority. If the Rams brass is content with that and stick with having the worst logo in the NFL, that would be such a fucking disappointment... A good logo is the difference between people wanting to rep your shit when you suck and people only willing to wear it when you're kicking ass.

So the logo sucks.. What's the Rams to do? Well, stick with their two part reveal of course! Why? Who fucking knows? So they wanted to be the first logo reveal and the last jersey reveal to own the headlines and the media, and maximize that exposure, I get it. So release it a day or two before the draft? Then you have the entire draft with the entire NFL world watching getting to see the jerseys? New players can receive the new uniforms and show them off, it just makes sense.

The worst part about this is the fact that the damn things are done. Weeks ago John Johnson said he had already seen the uniforms, which means they've probably been done for the last two months at minimum. They're just sitting on it for no reason.

If they're not the best damn uniforms in the NFL then the only thing they will have done is maximize their humiliation.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they're not the best damn uniforms in the NFL then the only thing they will have done is maximize their humiliation.
Well said and I agree with your entire post.

You know actually the more I think about it IF the uniforms are terrible they're doing us a favor by waiting. Because we still have hope right now that they'll look good. :ROFLMAO:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Well the fact that the media doesn't even no the difference between the 2 L.A teams isn't helping LOL

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_174955.jpg
    IMG_20200425_174955.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 128

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's got to be hard even for you to agree with this unnecessary build-up on the uniform release. Or so I thought.
I’m not buying anything right now anyways but if I had to guess I’d wager they’ll be revealed with the rookie class. That won’t happen until they can not only gather together but also once the rookies have their assigned numbers. I’m also one of those assholes that think this would have been a perfectly fine post for the lengthy uniform thread we’ve had going on for a long time and the title us unnecessarily insulting to the Rams leadership. But then I’m Oldschool like that.

edit
guess somebody agreed on the title but not the merge yet.

oldnotdead

Legend
San Diego fans pleaded for decades to bring back the powder blue and Spanos ignored him. For him to trot it out after moving to LA really hasn't gone over well in San Diego (from all my friends back there).

I think after all the negativity about the new logo Demoff is holding back the uni's for as long as he can. IMO he must be making adjustments to them which the only reason I can think of for taking this long to release them. He needs to fire who ever designed that monstrosity logo. I think they should drop it completely and simply go with their Dodge ripoff ram head instead. Just like the stupid Chargers should drop their bolt and go to their horsehead logo.

The Bolt has no meaning as the original meaning behind the name was a credit card. Back then the team was owned by Barron Hilton who clearly admitted it was in honor of his then new business Carte Blanche. The horse is a charger. They need to put a credit card on their helmets if not the horse.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

The new royal blue is a rich shade dubbed “Rams Royal,” while its complement is a vibrant yellow dubbed “Sol.” (Southern California Yellow).

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Let me ask - do we know if the "official" colors are the same as the colors on this very website?

One would assume so, but no, we don't 'know' for sure.
Personally, I hope not - want a darker blue. Yellow is perfect.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think it's safe to say that the logo/uni thing has been botched at this point. It's kind of bizarre.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
San Diego fans pleaded for decades to bring back the powder blue and Spanos ignored him. For him to trot it out after moving to LA really hasn't gone over well in San Diego (from all my friends back there).
I never understood the fascination for the powder blues. Have a lot of Chargers friends (ton of Navy folk down there) and many of them were looking for new teams when they moved, but I always thought it was nuts. For me there's some colors that don't belong on a football uniform and that particular palette includes the colors you'll see in baby rooms. :LOL:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not buying anything right now anyways but if I had to guess I’d wager they’ll be revealed with the rookie class. That won’t happen until they can not only gather together but also once the rookies have their assigned numbers. I’m also one of those assholes that think this would have been a perfectly fine post for the lengthy uniform thread we’ve had going on for a long time and the title us unnecessarily insulting to the Rams leadership. But then I’m Oldschool like that.
You're a homer for the most part and that's ok. But not all of us see things the same way my man.

This offseason has been rough for all of us from this COVID shit on to the logo release. I am thankful we have a good draft behind us, but there can be no denying the Rams have missed the mark and there is no good reason to hold out further on the uniforms.

It's bush league decision making at best. Demoff needs to put the fuckin crack pipe down.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
At this point I've accepted the uniforms won't look very good but I'm open for a surprise. I'd just like for the Rams to reveal the damned things already. Not much of a KD fan any longer after the pre logo reveal trolling, the Logo reveal and reading mean tweets while deciding to stay with the logos knowing majority of the fans displeasure. Kind of slap to the face of the fans and shows lack of respect for us imo. Now on top of that they're dragging out the Uniforms for whatever reason and the fun and excitement of waiting is starting to turn into annoyance. Yeah this topic irks me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're a homer for the most part and that's ok. But not all of us see things the same way my man.

This offseason has been rough for all of us from this COVID shit on to the logo release. I am thankful we have a good draft behind us, but there can be no denying the Rams have missed the mark and there is no good reason to hold out further on the uniforms.

It's bush league decision making at best. Demoff needs to put the fuckin crack pipe down.
In your opinion, actually multiple opinions there, thank you for them I’ll file them right next to mine. And I’m not so much a homer as I’m somebody who will let things unfold before I get pissed off and start insulting people before I have all the info.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In your opinion, actually multiple opinions there, thank you for them I’ll file them right next to mine. And I’m not so much a homer as I’m somebody who will let things unfold before I get pissed off and start insulting people before I have all the info.
What info are you waiting on?

I've been stewing over this shit for a while, so yeah I admit I'm a bit triggered about it and your first reply didn't help. But I'm curious what amazing and miraculous information you are waiting on here. Please enlighten me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What info are you waiting on?

I've been stewing over this shit for a while, so yeah I admit I'm a bit triggered about it and your first reply didn't help. But I'm curious what amazing and miraculous information you are waiting on here. Please enlighten me.
As I said in my first comment I think the plan is for the rookies to wear the first uniforms. Adding on why I think it’s not out yet from my first post is what’s going to generate more excitement for the new uniforms? Launching it in the middle of what 4 or 5 other teams doing it or waiting until this wuaran shit is over and getting a bunch of players to model them led by the new exciting players to the roster. So now as everybody else has boring cgi models of them the Rams lead the charge out of quarantine with some excitement. But hey don’t let some business strategy 101 common sense get in the way of you getting pissed of about something you can’t control. Stew away my brother, I’ll sit back and relax so I can enjoy the Rams getting all the spotlight with a uniform release led by players coming out of the quarantine.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Let me ask - do we know if the "official" colors are the same as the colors on this very website?

Yes they are. We changed the colors here to match as soon as they were revealed.

There is a darker shade of blue that the Rams still apparently have in their scheme... but this blue on the site is supposed to be the main color of blue that the Rams will use.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Right now if you're a fan of any other team you can purchase jerseys of new players or your favorites. Was looking at the Chargers' site and their new jerseys look badass, particularly the navy blue & yellows. Gotta admit I'm a little fucking jealous right now, not only of how good they look but the fact that they can actually see and purchase them.

Because if you're a RAMS FAN, well, first you can look forward to being trolled on twitter and maybe at some tenuous future date you'll get to see the new jerseys.

So for me, as a guy who used to buy a lot of jerseys (and still will if the new ones suck, I'll just buy the old style knockoffs and fuck you very much Rams), the post draft period is where I typically will buy the jersey of my favorite pick. But not this year. BECAUSE WHY WOULD THE NEW JERSEYS BE UP ON THE WEBSITE SO WE COULD BUY THEM ANYWAY. I mean that would make no sense. Right? :zany:

Whatever the fuck Demoff is smoking in that office of his... I want some.

Hopefully they are using the time to redesign the uniforms to expunge the new logos. But that is probably too much to hope for.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully they are using the time to redesign the uniforms to expunge the new logos. But that is probably too much to hope for.
No doubt. Though I do think the logos are here to stay and have accepted that (and will vote with my wallet being closed on that front lol). What matters to me now is the uniforms.

I just feel like LA fans have been subjected to rather hideous whites since they returned, in order to maximize impact in the 2020 season with the stadium and all that. And now the draft is over. Do we have to wait another fucking month to get a Jefferson jersey?

I mean c'mon. The further we go here the more it makes the entire thing feel like it's been badly mismanaged.