Look at this roster...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’d still like the DLine rotation to be upgraded Murchison does not move the needle for me. I guess at this point the Rams wait until mid August to sign a guy or the trade deadline to swing a trade.

They wanted Sutton. Maybe that’s still an October possibility.

Maybe some team will cut some better DLine depth this summer. Another possibility I guys could be a trade for DLine. Johnathon Allen from Washington would be a good addition.

Unless a UFA steps up I think they still have a move or two to be made.

For the DL, Desjuan showed some potential and the loser of the NT competition provides a solid 5 man rotation - and then Hoecht, Jackson and Verse may play DE/DT on third downs for pass rushing situations.

I could see upgrading Murchison, I can also see us rolling with 5 because of the flexibility of the edge rushers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah I noticed that too when I went to the Cardinals game. He made good plays on passes that were undergrown but watching him live he was behind the play a lot.
I love the Freudian slip while talking about the Kyler Murray led Cardinals :laugh4: I’m sure your conscious mind meant to say Underthrown, not undergrown. But Undergrown is so fitting.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love the Freudian slip while talking about the Kyler Murray led Cardinals :laugh4: I’m sure your conscious mind meant to say Underthrown, not undergrown. But Undergrown is so fitting.
That's the best Freudian slip I've ever had lol!

fearsomefour

Legend
For the DL, Desjuan showed some potential and the loser of the NT competition provides a solid 5 man rotation - and then Hoecht, Jackson and Verse may play DE/DT on third downs for pass rushing situations.

I could see upgrading Murchison, I can also see us rolling with 5 because of the flexibility of the edge rushers.
I hope one of the younger guys steps up to replace Murchison.
He does nothing for me and doesn't seem to be a difference maker at all.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
doesn't seem to be a difference maker at all.
He’s not meant to be a difference maker. Players who feature in the starting lineup are meant to be “difference makers”; guys like Murchison are just there to give the starters a break from time to time and do a job.

I think we can certainly improve upon him, but let’s not have unrealistic expectations for depth players.

fearsomefour

Legend
He’s not meant to be a difference maker. Players who feature in the starting lineup are meant to be “difference makers”; guys like Murchison are just there to give the starters a break from time to time and do a job.

I think we can certainly improve upon him, but let’s not have unrealistic expectations for depth players.
Well, guys can make plays and show up.
Carter, Williams both made plays in limited snaps.
I don't have anything against Murchison but he is just a placeholder.
The best DL's in the league have true rotations.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well, guys can make plays and show up.
Carter, Williams both made plays in limited snaps.
I don't have anything against Murchison but he is just a placeholder.
The best DL's in the league have true rotations.
Carter?

Agree with you about Murchison. Just don’t see any flashes from him.

Now, Desjuan Johnson does flash in my opinion.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
UDFA Omar Speights has an excellent chance on making the roster and his strength is in coverage.

Well Christian Rosenboom is going to be the starter.He has earned that right & his experience & play will be hard for anyone on The Rams roster to beat him out of that slot.He continues to work hard & get better.His confidence is at a All Time High.It’s not weather he can do it anymore ,it’s about how better & well he does ??

O. Fatukasi is on the roster who nobody (myself) doesn’t know much about ? Then what about Elias Neal another UDRFA ??

Tano

Legend
Well Christian Rosenboom is going to be the starter.He has earned that right & his experience & play will be hard for anyone on The Rams roster to beat him out of that slot.He continues to work hard & get better.His confidence is at a All Time High.It’s not weather he can do it anymore ,it’s about how better & well he does ??

O. Fatukasi is on the roster who nobody (myself) doesn’t know much about ? Then what about Elias Neal another UDRFA ??
Christian still has glue stuck under his shoes

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Carter?

Agree with you about Murchison. Just don’t see any flashes from him.

Now, Desjuan Johnson does flash in my opinion.
Who Kevin ??? He won a Super Bowl with Jeff Fisher of all coaches.
Fred Miller as well which hurt The Rams dept.Then Fisher Dumber & brings in Dumb. Those Tennessee players weren’t all that good.Just poor management with (M—A —H) making Les Snead way less than more . Having a hard time going to back to the St.Louis days…

Demoff sort of really upsets me that he bought into that. I’m just glad ED29 called him out & forced the firing(LA Ram Fans) of Jeff Fisher.

Sean Mcvay showed The Rams Front Office The Way & his bound with Les Snead is special.He leans & allows Snead to be himself .

Demoff has an appreciation to how The FrANCHISE has developed . Reggie Scott has helped with The Trainers to help keep & maintain players health.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Christian still has glue stuck under his shoes
Yeah Right !! I guess we’ll have to wait and see.SHULA does not seem to be to concerned & I believed the same thing,but this offseason from my vantage point will beg to differ !! Will hope you wrong & IMO The NFL Game has slowed down for him.

Tano

Legend
Yeah Right !! I guess we’ll have to wait and see.SHULA does not seem to be to concerned & I believed the same thing,but this offseason from my vantage point will beg to differ !! Will hope you wrong & IMO The NFL Game has slowed down for him.
Last year in practice, he tried to cover Higbee and Higbee outran him by 10 yards going full speed. And that was only 30 yards going across the field.

That's what I am basing my slow as molasses comment on.

He is decent for being so slow but any fast running back is going to dramatically outrun him on downfield coverage plays no matter how well he diagnoses the play. We need someone with a bit more speed/quickness in that position.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kevin Carter did not win a Super Bowl with Jeff Fisher.

Fisher was on the opposing sideline against the Rams when they won their first Lombardi Trophy.
Your right - they only won the AFC Central the following year.The Ravens I believe won it ? He did play well for them & The Rams ?? I don’t know,but he was missed IMO.Plus underrated as a Ram who came out of Florida ?

Mad Mike ??? As much as I want to talk bad,did get The Rams to the Super Bowl again. Something I guess of all coaches gave to much credit to Jeff Fisher.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Last year in practice, he tried to cover Higbee and Higbee outran him by 10 yards going full speed. And that was only 30 yards going across the field.

That's what I am basing my slow as molasses comment on.

He is decent for being so slow but any fast running back is going to dramatically outrun him on downfield coverage plays no matter how well he diagnoses the play. We need someone with a bit more speed/quickness in that position.
I agreed before the Draft,not after. I think he’ll be fine..,! Shula trust him & I’ve seen him get to plays quickly at times.