Look at this roster...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kevin Carter did not win a Super Bowl with Jeff Fisher.

Fisher was on the opposing sideline against the Rams when they won their first Lombardi Trophy.
He will forever stick in my memory as the guy who wanted to get off the field at a pivotal moment in the biggest game of his life and Vermeil looked dumbfounded as Carter headed to the sideline.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah, Desjuan Johnson.....the edibles got to me again.
1715224803843.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He will forever stick in my memory as the guy who wanted to get off the field at a pivotal moment in the biggest game of his life and Vermeil looked dumbfounded as Carter headed to the sideline.
I have to disagree there. That's a little too simple for me.

Carter was an excellent player, who lived-up to his high draft status (6th overall pick) in my opinion.

6 seasons ... 62.5 sacks ... did not miss a single game ... played the run well. Had his best years with the Rams. After he left, Carter played eight more years, and totaled just 42 sacks.

You remember that play but do you remember that game? ... Specifically the 2nd half?

After Holt's TD mid-way through the third quarter, the Titans dominated the Rams.

Over the final 22 minutes, Tennessee's offense ran 43 plays ... the Rams ran 7 ... SEVEN.

Tennessee had the ball for Over Twenty Minutes ... the Rams for UNDER TWO.

Between Eddie George running over them and Steve McNair around them, the Rams defense was gassed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have to disagree there. That's a little too simple for me.

Carter was an excellent player, who lived-up to his high draft status (6th overall pick) in my opinion.

6 seasons ... 62.5 sacks ... did not miss a single game ... played the run well. Had his best years with the Rams. After he left, Carter played eight more years, and totaled just 42 sacks.

You remember that play but do you remember that game? ... Specifically the 2nd half?

After Holt's TD mid-way through the third quarter, the Titans dominated the Rams.

Over the final 22 minutes, Tennessee's offense ran 43 plays ... the Rams ran 7 ... SEVEN.

Tennessee had the ball for Over Twenty Minutes ... the Rams for UNDER TWO.

Between Eddie George running over them and Steve McNair around them, the Rams defense was gassed.
I never said he was not a good player. I also remember the situation well. But that makes many will always stick in my mind.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I never said he was not a good player. I also remember the situation well. But that makes many will always stick in my mind.
OK but I am curious.

Do you remember the other Rams' defensive linemen who took himself out along with Carter?

They were walking off side-by-side. On the prior play, they both chased McNair all over the back-field.

By-the-Way ... Did I mention that Keven Carter was my cousin?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OK but I am curious.

Do you remember the other Rams' defensive linemen who took himself out along with Carter?

They were walking off side-by-side. On the prior play, they both chased McNair all over the back-field.

By-the-Way ... Did I mention that Keven Carter was my cousin?
Yes. It’s just an image that I’ve seen many times and Vermiel’s reaction left an impression.