Longacre is my new favorite player.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Because you guys spend way too much time reading stats rather than the players actual impact on defense. Quinn has been the direct result into other players getting inside sacks on opposing QB's or forcing them up in the pocket.
Last 3 games he's top 10 in pressures and he's hardly out of position. He's also getting doubled and chipped by TE's constantly.
I personally think it's an overreaction on some of you. I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion but it's really just beating the proverbial dead horse at this point.
OK my fellow Rams Fan I completed the first half review of Rob Quinn's Giants game since you said I was involved in an overreaction on Rob Quinn . I would asked any Rob Quinn fan who thinks that he plays a vital importance to this Wade"D" to do the same. Once again please do this it will be eye opening. RQ is not the same 2012/2013/2014 Rob Quinn.

I do not need to spend much time here & the results are not good for Rob. RQ plays both outsides left/right of this defense. He is not on the field as much as Barwin & Longacre though, but he does start the game but gave way to the before mention OLB'ers & now we are seeing a lot more of Rookie Samson Ebukam (he is lightning in a bottle). RQ sets up primarily in the stand up stance but does go to the 3 point in the Nickle when Wade goes to the 4 down linemen with 2 DL'ers & 2 OSLB'ers.

RQ took on the TE most of the time with close to a half dozen times where he will face an OL'er. Then there were about a half dozen times where the Giants did not even blocked him & it cost the Giants nothing. One play he was chipped by the RB then RQ got up & engaged the RG. No chips by a TE occurred. RQ did have 1 pressure on Manning in the first half but he never had a hit or touch Manning in the first half. In addition RQ had ZERO tackles, ZERO assists ZERO sacks in the first half when the game was somewhat in contention. However RQ did manage to get 2 assist tackles in the 2nd half when the game was over. Conner Barwin who starts with RQ in the same position ended up with has 3 tackles 1 sack & 1 assist.

RQ displayed ZERO variety of moves, no swing moves, no inside moves, no punch to shock blockers & rarely uses his hands bottom line he displayed only one move nothing else . The most noticeable change in him is just how STIFF he plays. Now to the positive RQ still has an elite burst & an explosive get-off, trust me that's still working fine.

In conclusion RQ is far from being disruptive & productive on the field in comparison to the others who join him in the Rams "D" front seven. If you do not believe this Ram fan & think I am tainted & involved in an overreaction ... PLEASE re-watch this game & just watch Quinn o_O.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Do you know how this team made it's turn around?

1) Hard choices made by looking almost strictly at production.

2) Looking at the character of the player, including mostly, how hard does he work.

No one denies that Quinn is a hard worker with a good character.
Like I've mentioned before;
He is a actual homeboy who I've met and talked to.
I have talked to his parents and love him til death do us part as a person.
I would give him a hug right now!

However, he is not a premier outside linebacker and if he wants to continue playing he can do that.
Someone will give him a contract to see if they can get him going again as a 4-3 defensive end.

Longacre is going to be getting more snaps as the season goes on and Quinn less and he won't be here next year, in my opinion.