Longacre is my new favorite player.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Looks like a fat Jesse Pinkman.
Love the Prison Mike shirt tho... :ROFLMAO:

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He's A young affordable Chris Long. Good pass rusher and holds up in the run game. Don't have to worry about a guy like Longacre off the field either. He's a blue collar hard worker type.

Last edited:

SierraRam

Recreational User
He's the guy in preseason who seemed comfortable at OLB & really flashed. But from past experiences, I figured he'd get cut. Thank God for Seade McVillips...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
By By Quinn
Sure looks like your comment will come true. The mega 2018 Ram Free Agent list will come into play big on the costly Rob Quinn matter.

I see where some Quinn fans claim the pressures of Quinn are important but I tend to not give those "regular on schedule" "no change" outer "run byes" not as much credit. Quinn may get close but in the end the QB will step up inside of Quinn or slide up into the pocket never the less Quinn is not getting as much impact nor does he affect the QB as the other LB'ers often do. Then there's the containment issues too that many Quinn fans will ignore.

When you have 14 other Ram defenders (2 of which are no longer active on the roster) who have more tackles & more assists tackles than your near $11 million starting Lb'er. The Rams Our #6th DL'er Morgan Fox & part time at best player has the same amount of sacks as Quinn.

Fox will earn $540K compared to the near 11 mil. LB'ers Barwin & Quinn's reserve have 8 sacks between them, Quinn has 2.5 sacks as a starter. Barwin a veteran captain this season & Longacre have out-performed Quinn. Barwin cost is $3.5 mil & Longacre's is a little over $600K. Both will be involved in March's Free Agency status. Where as Quinn is still under contract to earn close to 26 million 2018/2019 seasons.

The Rams Org. seems to have placed themselves in a decent position in the future if they loose veteran Barwin & 3 yr back up Longacre due to FA'cy. With younger 2nd yr play maker LB Cory Littleton & rookie Lb'ers Samsom Ebukam & Ejuan Price. Looks to me that Rams could be able to sign both Barwin & Longacre plus save a sizeable amount of millions to use it on securing super star Aaron Donald if they cut Quinn in March 2018.

In conclusion Rob Quinn has under-performed for well 2 1/2 yrs now, this is not a new trending here on Quinn & his low yield dividends per cap $$$ spent is clearly evident.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hate to stat the Obvious, BUT, The Rams have One-Killer-D-Rotation!!!(y)

fearsomefour

Legend
He's the guy in preseason who seemed comfortable at OLB & really flashed. But from past experiences, I figured he'd get cut. Thank God for Seade McVillips...
Replace Quinn with Longacre (save about $10M under the cap) sign a bet OLB and draft another.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Sure looks like your comment will come true. The mega 2018 Ram Free Agent list will come into play big on the costly Rob Quinn matter.

I see where some Quinn fans claim the pressures of Quinn are important but I tend to not give those "regular on schedule" "no change" outer "run byes" not as much credit. Quinn may get close but in the end the QB will step up inside of Quinn or slide up into the pocket never the less Quinn is not getting as much impact nor does he affect the QB as the other LB'ers often do. Then there's the containment issues too that many Quinn fans will ignore.

When you have 14 other Ram defenders (2 of which are no longer active on the roster) who have more tackles & more assists tackles than your near $11 million starting Lb'er. The Rams Our #6th DL'er Morgan Fox & part time at best player has the same amount of sacks as Quinn.

Fox will earn $540K compared to the near 11 mil. LB'ers Barwin & Quinn's reserve have 8 sacks between them, Quinn has 2.5 sacks as a starter. Barwin a veteran captain this season & Longacre have out-performed Quinn. Barwin cost is $3.5 mil & Longacre's is a little over $600K. Both will be involved in March's Free Agency status. Where as Quinn is still under contract to earn close to 26 million 2018/2019 seasons.

The Rams Org. seems to have placed themselves in a decent position in the future if they loose veteran Barwin & 3 yr back up Longacre due to FA'cy. With younger 2nd yr play maker LB Cory Littleton & rookie Lb'ers Samsom Ebukam & Ejuan Price. Looks to me that Rams could be able to sign both Barwin & Longacre plus save a sizeable amount of millions to use it on securing super star Aaron Donald if they cut Quinn in March 2018.

In conclusion Rob Quinn has under-performed for well 2 1/2 yrs now, this is not a new trending here on Quinn & his low yield dividends per cap $$$ spent is clearly evident.

i was wondering how long it would take for it to become a Quinn thread.

You guys must be really bored with WINNINGGGGGG

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
i was wondering how long it would take for it to become a Quinn thread.

You guys must be really bored with WINNINGGGGGG
How would YOU have a conversation on Reserve ROLB Matt Lonagcre with out discussing starter ROLB'er Rob Quinn fully?o_O Who would figure in more with Longacre's future here other than Rob Quinn? How do you do that?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
How would YOU have a conversation on Reserve ROLB Matt Lonagcre with out discussing starter ROLB'er Rob Quinn fully?o_O Who would figure in more with Longacre's future here other than Rob Quinn? How do you do that?

Because you guys spend way too much time reading stats rather than the players actual impact on defense. Quinn has been the direct result into other players getting inside sacks on opposing QB's or forcing them up in the pocket.
Last 3 games he's top 10 in pressures and he's hardly out of position. He's also getting doubled and chipped by TE's constantly.
I personally think it's an overreaction on some of you. I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion but it's really just beating the proverbial dead horse at this point.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Quinn has improved and is playin solid ball. Lot of football left too in 2017 so let's wait and see how he finishes the year. If he starts lighting it up things will look very different. That decision needs to be tabled for later IMO.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because you guys spend way too much time reading stats rather than the players actual impact on defense. Quinn has been the direct result into other players getting inside sacks on opposing QB's or forcing them up in the pocket.
Last 3 games he's top 10 in pressures and he's hardly out of position. He's also getting doubled and chipped by TE's constantly.
I personally think it's an overreaction on some of you. I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion but it's really just beating the proverbial dead horse at this point.
Quinn has improved and is playin solid ball. Lot of football left too in 2017 so let's wait and see how he finishes the year. If he starts lighting it up things will look very different. That decision needs to be tabled for later IMO.

I agree, I was all about dumping Quinn after the first couple of games but as his role is defined more by Wade he is becoming much more useful out there. Obviously, the question this offseason will be whether it is worth his current contract number. But that's something to revisit after the season and we see how this team plays against the much better competition the back half of the season. We've got a lot of players with contracts where you're not quite sure they are worth it if on the open market but you can't deny that they make us better such as Quinn, Tavon, Tru, etc. Snead will have his work cut out for him in the offseason.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
OK . sure do not want to get into a :argue: with a fellow Ram fan. But can you give me an deatiled example where my post is beating the proverbial dead horse on your point?

Its obvious you & I differ completely on the impact of Quinn during the games being worth his sizable contract that will have some restriction elements on the signing of UFA in 2018 if he is retained @ current cost. I fully understand that you are a big Rob Quinn fan & that's great....I also try to fully understand all the elements of the other 10 defensive players as you mentioned.

I also fail to see what you see as far as chipping by TE/HB/FB & RBs on Quinn. However I do observe this happening to DT Aaron Donald who plays a few feet left of him . On the flip side I do see the chipping & double teams on Brockers, Smart & Walker & Barwin but Quinn? Its a rare event & there's no need too.

I also rarely see the double teams you speak of. Once again that is most always reserved for Donald or Brockers. Do you have those stats to which you speak of? For the sake of a fellow Ram fan I do have the time to review this last game & all others too, to see if I am wrong on this. I will report my findings back on this factually on this thread later either pro or con or in the middle referencing your alleged observations involving Quinn.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

But but but...it's Robert Quinn :cry::sadwalk: