RUMOR London Tailgate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
0B94D9AB-4B1C-4F99-B18C-C22E3A713A39.jpeg

Just about to tuck into my Boss Hog Dog, cooked by Roscoe P Coltrane I believe.

Limey

Rookie
I am seriously pissed off. Had my tickets, train booking and even a hotel for tonight in case I couldn’t get back to Euston in time and now I can’t get there because the train was cancelled because of flooding. I phoned rail enquiries this morning and they were not even putting a replacement coach service on from Chester to Crewe as the roads were flooded as well. Going to have to watch on tv instead

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I am seriously pissed off. Had my tickets, train booking and even a hotel for tonight in case I couldn’t get back to Euston in time and now I can’t get there because the train was cancelled because of flooding. I phoned rail enquiries this morning and they were not even putting a replacement coach service on from Chester to Crewe as the roads were flooded as well. Going to have to watch on tv instead
Wow that sucks. It's always something. There is something to be said to going early and passing out the night before in the shadow of the stadium. It's kind of like a broken clock is still right twice each day thing. Sorry that happened to you.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger

That's truly disgusting.

I hope you enjoyed the game at least

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm bumping this great thread. Hopefully everyone checks the whole thing out. The pics are so cool.

I'd really like to hear our Bruddas from across the pond tell us about their killer weekend. We see the incredible pics... would love to hear your thoughts about the whole experience now that it's over.

Thanks again you guys. You made us all feel a lot closer with everything you shared. Our Ramily is spread out far and wide... and that is so cool to see.

London_Ram

Rookie
Ok Selassie, you asked for it (ling rambling post alert!)

From my view it was a great weekend rounded off by the result. No matter the result it would still have been a fun weekend but getting the W was the icing on the cake. Despite being the 4th time the Rams had played over here it was only my 2nd time – the pounding the Pats gave us in 2012 being the first but then I’d missed the last two game as I’d been travelling in the US when they were played. However I’ve been to 9 of the other International Series games here. What makes the weekend so enjoyable is not the games (it’s rare we have a good one) but catching up with the fans who travel to London for them – each time there is a game the pub we had for the weekend is turned over to one of the teams and they do similar events to what we had, and whilst it’s probably 90% fans of that team you will get fans of other teams there too just to catch up and talk football. Similarly various fan groups will have catch-ups to tie in with the weekend such as the Saints one my wife went to on the Saturday night before everyone goes to the game on the Saturday.

As for the beers on Saturday it was great to meet a couple of people from here but also have the Rams recognise they’ve a fanbase over here and support the event at the pub. From the trivial things to Rampage coming along to more meaningful stuff such as Sam Lagana, Sarina Morales and JB Long interviewing Kevin Demoff, Eric Dickerson and Torry Holt who were then all happy to wander round and chat, sign autographs and have selfies taken (I felt for Kevin Demoff being forced to down a couple of shots of Tequila and the discomfort it looked like he was going through means that video will stay secure on my phone!). It’d have been good to stay in the pub longer but I wanted to dash across London for a meet & greet with Robert Woods. This was probably the one low point of the weekend for me as whilst it was advertised for a set time in effect they’d cut it off at the first 100 people in the queue and even though there was some time left after the first 100 Woods signalled he just wanted to leave and signed some photos for security to hand out rather than meet them and have a pic opportunity. In reality I don’t blame him as I’d be fed up having to do this stuff but frustrating for the 20 or so people (including myself) who waited to see if there was a chance to say hi etc – so close yet so far!

Sunday I wanted to head over to Wembley early to get into the ‘tailgate’ and avoid the inevitable queue go to the NFL store to see if they’d got the Ramsey jerseys made up – they had so I could get one – and then see the delicious irony of the store selling both Rams and Jaguars jerseys with Ramsey 20 on them! The tailgate here is just a huge overpriced store, overpriced food trucks, overpriced beer and a few performances by the cheerleaders of the ‘Home’ team and a signing session with Holt and Dickerson. It’s not like a tailgate you get in the US and it’s one thing that could be improved to make the overall experience better. However it was a good chance to catch up with people we’d met from all over the place at the International Series games from previous years before going in to the stadium.

Again we went into the stadium itself relatively early as I wanted to watch the warm ups and we’d got great seats. I’ve got season tickets for the Wembley games so if it’s a game we want to go to we can and if not sell them on when the fixtures are released. With the games over here you get fans of every team so hard to make it a strong home crowd although most neutrals generally tend to side with the ‘home’ team if it’s not their team playing. As the game went on more and more were joining in with Whose House/Rams House and it was reasonably loud on defence….but occasionally the neutral crowd will also become loud when it was a Rams 3rd down if the Bengals players motivated them. What I will say is I’ve been to some games here where it’s been much less of a Home favouring crowd than it was Sunday.

As for the game itself – meh. Brilliant trick play, they couldn’t convert on 3rd down we couldn’t stop them on 4th down until the very end, Goff looked like he could connect with everything 1st half but then we either eased up so as not to embarrass Taylor or it just didn’t click. Henderson surprised me twice: first in that he always seemed to be strong enough to not go down on first contact, second in that when Goff did dump it off and he was one-on-one with open space before the defender he didn’t make as much as the situation as I was expecting – I still think he’ll come good. Whilst we only gave up 10 points, you can only beat who you’re playing, and it’s 2 wins in 2….I’m still concerned that we’re not firing on anywhere near all cylinders and against a better run game we will struggle.

As much as I loved the weekend and it’s good to catch up with old friends I do feel the International Series in its current guise is becoming tired. Plenty of dirt cheap tickets for our game (put down to a poor match-up) but already tickets less than face value for Jags v Texans this Sunday. Neither team with a losing record, a chance to see Deshaun Watson, and the Jags being the most frequent visitors over here should in theory make this a much easier sell but they’ll still be empty seats in the stadium even though it sold out when they went on sale. It’s a totally different conversation but what the NFL do with the UK in the next few years is going to be interesting.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
For me the NFL being on just dictates when I do a wider annual trip to london with my old man. It's something of a tradition now. Normally we go to see the NFL but other london trips have been to see Bruce Springsteen and another time to see The Cure.

This is probably the 7th or 8th such london trip we have done although we have been elsewhere too loads of times, again mostly following The Boss about. The London weekend in particular is even better now that my little sister lives and works there and so we barely see her any more. It's not far - about a one hour flight - but its expensive so really can only justify going down once or twice a year at most.

So we said hello at the rams bar on saturday briefly but that was really the day for catching up with family. Sunday we went to the pub instead of the tailgate as we have done that plenty before. Then we went across to the game. It was a great weekend.

Ps I know it's a bit weird for a 31 year old man to continually go on trips with his dad, I can assure you I do plenty other trips with friends and my gf too! But we both enjoy it and it's good for us to do stuff together eapecially since he became a widower - although we did plenty trips before that too.

Cheers!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ps I know it's a bit weird for a 31 year old man to continually go on trips with his dad, I can assure you I do plenty other trips with friends and my gf too! But we both enjoy it and it's good for us to do stuff together eapecially since he became a widower - although we did plenty trips before that too.

So you go on a trip with your old man and meet Internet "friends" in a pub, you're definitely weird!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
So you go on a trip with your old man and meet Internet "friends" in a pub, you're definitely weird!

Let's clarify, we weren't friends until saturday!! You stood me a pint tho so we definitely are now.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Looking to eke out every last ounce ot pleasure from this weekend.

We'll be recording a podcast this evening will take a look at the Bengals game and the weekend festivities. Should be live by 8am PST tomorrow.

The LA Rams crew have already been featured on the Rams Brothers podcast and recorded a section with Sarina Morales earlier today.

We're hoping to feature two or three members of the official Rams staff on our podcast in the coming weeks.

LA RAMS UK, Coming in your ears!
podcast.jpg