Les Snead: We Can’t Make An Emotional Decision on Bradford's Contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Why bother bringing him back? We have a PS spot that's been opened for a while. I would've thought they would have brought him back to take a seat already empty if they thought there was a chance he could develop.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
So, do we think that Gilbert is done? Or is it possible that he continues to work and improves over the year and shows something in camp?
Gilbert isn't a Ram anymore. He got cut from the PS end of October, probably to make room for Keenum there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
To think, after our QB tore an ACL the Rams had the perfect opportunity to get a future starter and skipped it. I know they miss out on Robinson and maybe don't get Donaldald but having Bortles and Martin wouldn't be too shabby and potentially solve the QB problem for years to come. Then it would be Oline for the next draft and no worries about forcing a QB pick......oh what could have been.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
To think, after our QB tore an ACL the Rams had the perfect opportunity to get a future starter and skipped it. I know they miss out on Robinson and maybe don't get Donaldald but having Bortles and Martin wouldn't be too shabby and potentially solve the QB problem for years to come. Then it would be Oline for the next draft and no worries about forcing a QB pick......oh what could have been.

I'm pretty pleased with Donald who has been arguably the best player at his position AS A ROOKIE. I also don't like Martin as an OT and without Robinson, the LT position would look very bleak.

It didn't work out this season but a rookie QB behind a worse OL wouldn't have changed that. I feel better about our draft haul despite the uncertainty surrounding the QB position.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
1. Extend Bradford a year. Set contract at 20 million with 10 million guaranteed for those 2 years.

2. Re-sign Hill

3. Keep developing Keenum. He has an arm and had some decent games for Houston.

4. Draft O-line! This is important. You want Bradford healthy, he needs protection.

5. Don't draft QB just because you you think you have too! If there's no one they like keep upgrading the roster else where (O-Line!)

6. ???

7. SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I think Davis doesn't have the physical tools to be a good starter. Maybe his arm can get a little stronger over the off season. I did think we would see better accuracy out of Hill, though. I wish NFL Europe was still around, where a guy like Davis could get a little seasoning outside of leftover reps from training camp.
I like Davis for his spunk but if that. Noodle arm can't get strong then you have to pass.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Davis doesn't have the physical tools to be a good starter. Maybe his arm can get a little stronger over the off season. I did think we would see better accuracy out of Hill, though. I wish NFL Europe was still around, where a guy like Davis could get a little seasoning outside of leftover reps from training camp.

This is where I am at with Davis.

Love his attitude.

But we need a much stronger arm at QB to expand the field.

Ramathon

This piece shows the Rams still believe in Bradford and they want him back. He continues to work hard and show dedication to the Rams even in injury. You got to like that.

Geez... He's overdue for some good luck on the field.

I remain "okay" with Shawn Hill as a back up. But if we roll with Sam next year I'd feel better with another option as plan B.

I would put myself in the 'Okay' category as well......though I've been growing a little more concerned each week. He seems to have a tendency to 'sail' a fair number of passes. Even in the games they've won, his misses have more often than not seemed to be overthrows.

Now that the Rams playoffs hopes are non-existent, I'd almost like to see Davis get some additional playing time. Maybe, since he's had some time to sit and cool his jets, he could come in and play with the confidence he seemed to have the first couple games he started earlier in the year.....and not get so seemingly overwhelmed.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Gilbert isn't a Ram anymore. He got cut from the PS end of October, probably to make room for Keenum there.

Like what happened with Davis? You know that they don't just cut a young player, that they drafted and worked with in camp, and tell him that they never want to see him again. I'm sure that they told him what he heeded to work on and that they would look at him again next year if he was still available.

Big Willie

Starter
If the Rams take a 16.5 mill cap hit for him and have to invest another 4-5 mill per on a back up and 1st or 2nd round qb, they won't have the space to invest in the oline. Which will have our oline look like Thursday night.
Which inadvertently makes spending that much money equal to investing in Bradfords next trip to the DL
According to over the cap, if the Rams cut Jake Long and Wells they will save $11.75 million in 2015. That would be enough for 1 high quality Guard and re-signing Barksdale even spending the money you listed above. If the scenario you listed plays out, it might finally be the time for B Jones to start earning his salary.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to over the cap, if the Rams cut Jake Long and Wells they will save $11.75 million in 2015. That would be enough for 1 high quality Guard and re-signing Barksdale even spending the money you listed above. If the scenario you listed plays out, it might finally be the time for B Jones to start earning his salary.
They'll need that cap room to resign barksdale and others. IMO that cap space is already spent

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Except Bradford tore the acl again after the draft.
Surely had they known how it was going to play out they would have done different

Big Willie

Starter
They'll need that cap room to resign barksdale and others. IMO that cap space is already spent
I singled Wells and Long out because they had the highest cap numbers in 2015. Others like Langford will probably need to restructure or will get cut. Overall, I think the point is moot because I believe some kind of adjustment will be made to Sam's agreement (extension of time with less money, reduction for 2015, re-structure of 1 year deal with bonuses based on playing time and/or roster bonuses).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I singled Wells and Long out because they had the highest cap numbers in 2015. Others like Langford will probably need to restructure or will get cut. Overall, I think the point is moot because I believe some kind of adjustment will be made to Sam's agreement (extension of time with less money, reduction for 2015, re-structure of 1 year deal with bonuses based on playing time and/or roster bonuses).

This obviously will be done unless the Rams make a major move. IMO plan B has to be stronger all of us want Sam Bradford and Hill has not been bad, but has limitations. The sad part is none of us can come up a proper angle to play so this is where we have to have confidence in the regime.

I have confidence in Les Snead and doubt that we will see any changes on the coaching staff unless somebody leaves, but until the Rams have a clear direction at Quarterback mediocrity will reign supreme!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Like what happened with Davis? You know that they don't just cut a young player, that they drafted and worked with in camp, and tell him that they never want to see him again. I'm sure that they told him what he heeded to work on and that they would look at him again next year if he was still available.
Davis only came back to the Rams because of an emergency. Gilbert has been cut during one.

I suppose he could come back down the line, but with the Rams likely drafting a QB early soon, it seems doubtful.

Big Willie

Starter
This obviously will be done unless the Rams make a major move. IMO plan B has to be stronger all of us want Sam Bradford and Hill has not been bad, but has limitations. The sad part is none of us can come up a proper angle to play so this is where we have to have confidence in the regime.

I have confidence in Les Snead and doubt that we will see any changes on the coaching staff unless somebody leaves, but until the Rams have a clear direction at Quarterback mediocrity will reign supreme!
I agree. Since the FA market will be weak for QBs (unless somebody unexpected gets released) option "b" could be a trade ....and that would makes things really interesting. Phillip Rivers /Matt Schaub/Eli Manning ....would you? ( I chose to mention these names solely based on cap savings for their current teams. All the other Qbs I could think of had significant negative cap implications for their teams, i.e., Jay Cutler)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I agree. Since the FA market will be weak for QBs (unless somebody unexpected gets released) option "b" could be a trade ....and that would makes things really interesting. Phillip Rivers /Matt Schaub/Eli Manning ....would you? ( I chose to mention these names solely based on cap savings for their current teams. All the other Qbs I could think of had significant negative cap implications for their teams, i.e., Jay Cutler)

The only QB that would be available IMO would be Matt Schaub and he always seemed to have the propensity to kill you with turnovers. Jay Cutler is Jeff George 2.0 and I guess as my job in the off season being a good Catholic will be to light a few more candles and to ask the good Lord for health with Sam Bradford right after I bless my own family and pray for world peace!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'm not convinced we've been getting much better play from Hill than we would from Davis.
Hill is past his prime. Im not saying i dislike him, its just that maybe Davis can still improve.
This is why Fisher started Davis, I'm thinking! He knew what Hill can do and wanted to see if Davis could be better than that, He might be but not with the O line like it is! Next year!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Unless we spend more high draft picks on the Oline we will just wind up with more 3rd through 5th round backups to sit the bench with Barrett Jones. If there is a sure starter there when we pick we need to jump on it as at least it would help the running game.