Les Snead: We Can’t Make An Emotional Decision on Bradford's Contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This piece shows the Rams still believe in Bradford and they want him back. He continues to work hard and show dedication to the Rams even in injury. You got to like that.

Geez... He's overdue for some good luck on the field.

I remain "okay" with Shawn Hill as a back up. But if we roll with Sam next year I'd feel better with another option as plan B.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If every 1st round QB had that kind of dedication....

I really want him to do well next year. Would give me hope that the universe rewards good people.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That's one thing I've noticed about Bradford. Other players get hurt but only come to home games. Bradford has been there for everything. He is a Ram at heart I believe. I hope to get the contract worked out and get to see him finally hit success while wearing the horns.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams take a 16.5 mill cap hit for him and have to invest another 4-5 mill per on a back up and 1st or 2nd round qb, they won't have the space to invest in the oline. Which will have our oline look like Thursday night.
Which inadvertently makes spending that much money equal to investing in Bradfords next trip to the DL

iced

I just wish he had an offensive coordinator to get the most out of both the QB and the talent around him...

anyone else hoping Asshole Face gets canned after the season? :D

fearsomefour

Legend
This piece shows the Rams still believe in Bradford and they want him back. He continues to work hard and show dedication to the Rams even in injury. You got to like that.

I remain "okay" with Shawn Hill as a back up. But if we roll with Sam next year I'd feel better with another option as plan B.
It's the same old issues with finding an NFL QB....lack of options creates loyalty.
I can't really think of a more viable option than Bradford if the Rams want to contend right away. Make no mistake this team is very close in my opinion.
Hill is my preferred option as a back up going forward. The team can win with him if other issues are improved. I don't see any better options than Hill for a genuine NFL quality backup.

jap

Legend
It's the same old issues with finding an NFL QB....lack of options creates loyalty.
I can't really think of a more viable option than Bradford if the Rams want to contend right away. Make no mistake this team is very close in my opinion.
Hill is my preferred option as a back up going forward. The team can win with him if other issues are improved. I don't see any better options than Hill for a genuine NFL quality backup.

The better options over Shaun are usually starting NFL QB's. The ideal backup for Sam is someone very much like him---a QB with a rocket arm, quick release, good-to-great accuracy, who can make quick, good decisions. Those guys tend to become starting NFL QB's. You would have to find someone who fell through the NFL scouting/drafting cracks, another Kurt Warner, and that is highly, highly unlikely.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
After listening to that it makes me sad for Bradford because he is such a good person and I'm sure missing all these games bums him out. They are talking to his agent so that means they are clearly working on redoing his deal, so lets hope they come up with a workable solution.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
If the Rams take a 16.5 mill cap hit for him and have to invest another 4-5 mill per on a back up and 1st or 2nd round qb, they won't have the space to invest in the oline. Which will have our oline look like Thursday night.
Which inadvertently makes spending that much money equal to investing in Bradfords next trip to the DL
The starting salary on a rookie would be a hard hit money wise. Starting Bradford next year with Hill and/ or Davis and a draft pick QB is what they will do in my opinion.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
The starting salary on a rookie would be a hard hit money wise. Starting Bradford next year with Hill and/ or Davis and a draft pick QB is what they will do in my opinion.
Meant to say would n't be a hard hit

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Man. Really sad to think about what could have been. I really hope more than anything that he can stay healthy next year.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I'm not convinced we've been getting much better play from Hill than we would from Davis.
Hill is past his prime. Im not saying i dislike him, its just that maybe Davis can still improve.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not convinced we've been getting much better play from Hill than we would from Davis.
Hill is past his prime. Im not saying i dislike him, its just that maybe Davis can still improve.

I think he can improve, and be at least a really top notch backup and maybe even a good starter. He flashed plenty. He's never had the benefit of constant coaching or loads of reps with the first team. I would keep him and make every effort to see how much he can develop. The mistakes he makes can be fixed and we have seen plenty of QB's who were drafted high play like he did and get the benefit of the doubt and get coached up.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
anyone else hoping Asshole Face gets canned after the season? :D

I would react something like this if we ever see Asshole Face coaching for the Rams in any capacity.

2l2p8p.jpg

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think Davis doesn't have the physical tools to be a good starter. Maybe his arm can get a little stronger over the off season. I did think we would see better accuracy out of Hill, though. I wish NFL Europe was still around, where a guy like Davis could get a little seasoning outside of leftover reps from training camp.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Oddly enough, Snead's comments sounds like they would be making an emotional decision to me.
That was my first thought too. I'm really hoping that not making an emotional decision means doing whats best for the team and NOT necessarily Sam Bradford.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To re-sign Hill and draft a rookie QB will lead to 4-5 million. Along with the 16.5 hit to Bradford

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think he can improve, and be at least a really top notch backup and maybe even a good starter. He flashed plenty. He's never had the benefit of constant coaching or loads of reps with the first team. I would keep him and make every effort to see how much he can develop. The mistakes he makes can be fixed and we have seen plenty of QB's who were drafted high play like he did and get the benefit of the doubt and get coached up.
His play dropped when the oline got beat up. He also played behind that line against some of the toughest D's in the league.
We saw what Hill could do against a good D and little protection against AZ. It certainly wasn't better than Davis was doing in similar situations.