Les Snead trades a discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
That's my point.

Maybe Jones is severely compromised, and will be unable to play much; and/or will be far less effective when he does play. However, he managed to start 15 games last year and played in over 90% of the defensive snaps.

It's not like the Rams up-graded at ILB. The three veterans on the roster were there last season .... playing BEHIND Jones. In fact, Jones had more defensive snaps last season than Roseboom, Reeder and Hummel combined. Jones was far better just eight months ago. Has that changed so quickly?

Maybe Speights will be terrific but he's still a first-year undrafted free agent that played well in two pre-season games against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

I'm hoping for the best but this one is tough to understand.
I hear ya. This one caught me off guard, especially the quick resolution once the situation hit the media/ROD. It’s appalling that we aren’t kept in the loop more!

I was about to post on another thread that I would not be surprised if jones was not re-upped after the season when this story broke. No really, I swear; but trading him now seemed crazy.
Something happened that necessitated this move. I don’t think we’ll ever know until somebody talks. We’re just not getting enough information to have a fair and comprehensive discussion. If this was a locker room decision, then it makes a statement. If it was based on private discussions, it says something else and that can be tricky in the locker room.

…but I don’t believe jones was coming back in 2025. Too much $$ and knee issues. Now, I’m even more concerned about the defense beyond the DL/Edge. Speights beat up 2nd and 3rd stringers while playing in preseason games—especially the last one. If he had been THAT good, I don’t think we would have seen him play so much.

Somebody is gonna get an opportunity. May he rise to the occasion.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Cooks seems like the Rams tried to get ahead of concussions being a problem (and were probably right to do it given how much an issue they were that year) but I would say it was a mistake to trade him. He had some very good years afterwards where he was the only passing threat so defenses could focus on stopping him.

Had a good year last year too.
The 20th pick overall in 2014, he's been traded 4 times. Why? He's had six 1,000 yard seasons with 4 teams.

Traded with a 4th for a 1st and 3rd
Traded with a 4th for a 1st and 6th (to the Rams)
Traded with a 4th for a 2nd (from the Rams)
Traded for a 5th and 6th.