Les Snead The best ever ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Les Snead - the Magic Man.His first trade was pretty unbelievable.Could’ve
been the best of All-Time if he would have traded back the #2 Overall pick instead of drafting Greg Robinson.
—Add The Rams should’ve also signed RG111 as there backup QB when he became a FA.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Best ever? He’s gotta win a Lombardi trophy or 3 before this can even be a serious conversation.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1613828545781.jpeg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best ever? He’s gotta win a Lombardi trophy or 3 before this can even be a serious conversation.

Ozzie Newsome had a solid career.The Rams hopefully fall into that category such as New England winning a division every year or at least making the playoffs.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I mean. BELICHEAT is also the GM there in NE. And has 6 superbowls....so....also Ozzie Newsome as mentioned before was pretty outstanding.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I admit that I really do appreciate what Les Snead has done for the Rams and HINDSIGHT is Very EASY to do but I think the deals that he (The Rams) made with Todd Gurley and Jared Goff may haunt him and the Rams for awhile even though many thought those deals were probably pretty good at that time.

And, Even though I think it is Amazing what he and Sean McVay have done with the Rams in such a short time I do think the Rams need to win at least one Superbowl or two before he or McVay can be considered with the NFL’s Best!

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
For Rams my lifetime Klosterman.

And Vermiel # 1b.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
No.
Nope.

Damnit why did I bump this stupid thread....

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
For Rams my lifetime Klosterman.

And Vermiel # 1b.
Yep, those 70's Rams did a great job in the draft and made some great trades. So Klosterman has to be #1. Back then you didn't have FA to bail you out of some bad drafts.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Yep, those 70's Rams did a great job in the draft and made some great trades. So Klosterman has to be #1. Back then you didn't have FA to bail you out of some bad drafts.
Yeah bunch of stuff Gms didn't have back in the day, a ton of S%$#.

Plus he worked for a few other teams, he must have at least 10 plus Holder picks.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That cuts both ways though. Losing players to free agency has made the modern NFL much more competitive which is generally going to make every GM, coach and players jobs more difficult.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Extending Goff early was a fairly large mistake.

But most of his trades have worked out, and most of the free agent decisions have worked out (both signing and letting players leave). I think compared to the other current GMs, his combination of drafting, FA decisions and trades probably still make him the best in the NFL in spite of a few contract missteps

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Extending Goff early was a fairly large mistake.

But most of his trades have worked out, and most of the free agent decisions have worked out (both signing and letting players leave). I think compared to the other current GMs, his combination of drafting, FA decisions and trades probably still make him the best in the NFL in spite of a few contract missteps
Ok respectful debate.

I can understand the debate about all the stuff about Klosterman era's. Jmho and always will be back in 60s 70s they didn't know much about any college kid.

Heck we drafted a Qb that couldn't throw 35 yards at 1 overall lol.

But let's move away from that,ERA, how in the world does Snead match Vermiel ?

Pace legend.

Holt legend.

Faulk legend.

Kurt legend and I'm sure there's more.

O and btw imho, it hasn't been Snead that got us where we are, but McV and staff.

Point and Counter point Jeff Fisher and crew.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That cuts both ways though. Losing players to free agency has made the modern NFL much more competitive which is generally going to make every GM, coach and players jobs more difficult.
True, but there was less parity so the Rams, as a perennial power, always drafted near the bottom every year and still found gems throughout the draft. Were also one of the teams that did a great job at historical black colleges with guys like James Harris, Jackie Slater, Isiah Robertson, Larry Brooks, etc..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Once again I pine for a facepalm button. :ROFLMAO:

So...

1613850086974.png

TexasRam

Legend
Yes, he's the best ever at trading away 1st round picks

Sneads Jekyl and Hyde approach has pissed away more picks then any GM I can remember.

To aquire and then dump Goff:

4 first round picks
2 second round picks
3 3rd round picks.

That is 9 premium picks.

He sold 9 premium picks for an old recently injured QB that has played the majority of his career with a Hall
Of Fame WR. A QB that has no playoff wins.

If he wins a Super Bowl he is a Genius. Otherwise he’s a Buffoon.

Welcome to last weeks discussion.