League imposes more than $43,000 in fines on Aaron Donald, Justin Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
How much was the ref fined?

Why would that be? What ref?

At least he didn't get suspended for losing his cool. Sad though that a player being dirty deliberately trying to hurt somebody that's been beating him play after play all game long got the lesser fine. Clear priorities by the NFL.

I was a little worried about a suspension, but knew for sure he would get fined and I even said he would.

AD did two separate things that can be fined. Britt committed one and got hammered for it. 20K for a cheap shot is a big fine.

If you grab a facemask and yank a guys head around and don't let go you are going to write a check. AD did it twice. He's writing checks.

IMO the league went lighter on him because they know he was cheapshotted and was fucking pissed.

Plus something tells me AD can afford it a little easier lol.

LOL so true. He's got a little cheddar now.

But it was fucking dumb and he admitted that.

Speaking of which, I always thought uniform league fines were a little unfair. To some players, that's chump change, to others a large fine can be an entire game check.

the minimum salary is over half a mil now isn't it?

hopefully next time he learns to let it go so the other team gets a 15 yard penalty. that would have made the job easier for the d and harder for the opposition.

Yup..........and he said that. So hopefully he doesn't do something like that again.

And, the ref didn’t react on the out of bounds push from behind....Until Donald got up and grabbed his face mask. I don’t get it...open season on Rams players?

why the F wasn’t the flag thrown immediately after Britt hit Donald 5 yards out of bounds.

Not true on either count.

Listen I know people want to "homer" this up but it was really fucking STUPID of AD to go after the guy when he was getting a 15 yard penalty and killing the drive by putting SEA at their 10 yard line in a 1st and 25 situation. Offsetting penalties just nullified that. Remember they got to the Rams 35 yard line and had second down from there with a stopped clock. That's a VERY precarious situation with Wilson as your opposing QB. The Rams D held, but that storyline could have been different.

If an opposing player did this we would be laughing at how much of a knucklehead he is.

AD put them at risk, if they had lost it would be on him and I am SURE that McVay told him that. I would have if I was the HC.

There is a gigantic difference between 2nd and 10 at your 25 and 1st and 25 at your 10.

We not me. He forgot that twice last week. Hopefully he won't again. But he has had a few instances where he let him temper get the best of him. This time it could have cost a game.

I think the world of his abilities and I am glad he's on the Rams for many years. But that was a boneheaded move both times.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I need to watch the play again but 1) exactly why wasn’t it a dead ball penalty for intentionally grounding the ball. 2) why wasn’t the play whistled dead before Donald picked up the ball and 3) why the F wasn’t the flag thrown immediately after Britt hit Donald 5 yards out of bounds. Are these F-ing refs just there to watch the game with the best seats in the house or are they There to officiate a highly charged competitive game to keep s#%^ like this from happening.

They said it wasnt intentional grounding because the ball was thrown at the feet of an OL, who in their opinion counts as an eligible reciever.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
While I agree that the refs screwed this up for Aaron Donald and could have prevented all this from happening, the stats don't bear out that the Rams are being picked on penalty-wise more than the other teams.

The Rams are tied for 23d with the Eagles and Bengals with 55 penalties called against them. Interestingly enough, the Chiefs get penalized more than any other team with 84 penalties called against them. The Titans have the least amount with 41 and of course the Patriots are 31st with 47.

The Chiefs have 12 offensive holding penalties, while the Rams have 6. The Chiefs also lead the league with 14 defensive holding calls. The Rams are tied for second with 6 roughing the passer penalties.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?sort=numpen

I dont think the problem is penalties called on the Rams. Its the lack of calls against the Rams opponents, which leads to frustration and retaliation. When a flag for an obvious penalty would both deter future penalties and relieve some frustration.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
While I agree that the refs screwed this up for Aaron Donald and could have prevented all this from happening, the stats don't bear out that the Rams are being picked on penalty-wise more than the other teams.

It's a tired, lazy argument for postgame discussion.

Maybe limit it to a thread like a vent thread........I'd be good with that.

The refs fucked us and it's a conspiracy by the NFL to give wins to team they like is an age old thing and muddies the water on a lot of good discussions.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know we in Rams Land have not liked the 49's for decades, but the Seahawks and their fans may be taking the torch in terms of the ultimate bitter rivalry.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a tired, lazy argument for postgame discussion.

Maybe limit it to a thread like a vent thread........I'd be good with that.

The refs freaked us and it's a conspiracy by the NFL to give wins to team they like is an age old thing and muddies the water on a lot of good discussions.

Agreed. It's getting old. Looking at the stats I posted above, it doesn't bear out. That said, it's not only the amount of penalties that are called on a team, it's in what situation they're called. Some penalties can break a team's momentum especially in the fourth quarter.

I dont think the problem is penalties called on the Rams. Its the lack of calls against the Rams opponents, which leads to frustration and retaliation. When a flag for an obvious penalty would both deter future penalties and relieve some frustration.

Agree with this as well. But the league is emphasizing the scoring of points and speeding up the games so less offensive holding penalties are being called.

The Bears have been called only twice for offensive holding in 9 games. Are you kidding me?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Rams are tied for 23d with the Eagles and Bengals with 55 penalties called against them. Interestingly enough, the Chiefs get penalized more than any other team with 84 penalties called against them. The Titans have the least amount with 41 and of course the Patriots are 31st with 47.

The Chiefs have 12 offensive holding penalties, while the Rams have 6. The Chiefs also lead the league with 14 defensive holding calls. The Rams are tied for second with 6 roughing the passer penalties.

Ref homer!

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They said it wasnt intentional grounding because the ball was thrown at the feet of an OL, who in their opinion counts as an eligible reciever.

But that makes no sense. Offensive Linemen are NOT Eligible Receivers. Unless they check in as an eligible receiver before the play, and are announced as such. The refs don't get to just decide that OL are eligible. Really unbelievable that it wasn't intentional grounding.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
But that makes no sense. Offensive Linemen are NOT Eligible Receivers. Unless they check in as an eligible receiver before the play, and are announced as such. The refs don't get to just decide that OL are eligible. Really unbelievable that it wasn't intentional grounding.

They said there was an eligible receiver in the vicinity, the pass was at the feet of an OL. Didnt make sense, but we're talking about NFL officials.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good luck to the Chiefs if they try to piss AD off. Angry AD will spend the game pounding Mahomes into the turf.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They said there was an eligible receiver in the vicinity, the pass was at the feet of an OL. Didnt make sense, but we're talking about NFL officials.

I'm pretty sure there was a receiver or rb a couple of yards to the right of the lineman.

Having said that it was nowhere near him and the oompa didn't even throw it his way. The refs were flat out bozos. Yeah you ruled an incomplete pass did you? Fuckwits.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm pretty sure there was a receiver or rb a couple of yards to the right of the lineman.

Having said that it was nowhere near him and the oompa didn't even throw it his way. The refs were flat out bozos. Yeah you ruled an incomplete pass did you? Fuckwits.

Yeah, there was an RB blocking about 5 yards away and facing away from the passing lane.

Honestly I’m surprised they ever call intentional grounding as long as an eligible receiver is in the same county.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, there was an RB blocking about 5 yards away and facing away from the passing lane.

Honestly I’m surprised they ever call intentional grounding as long as an eligible receiver is in the same county.

They usually don't.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Seahawk fans at it again in the comments. Calling for a three game suspension. Trying to slap the Vontaze Burfict label on Donald. Complaining about the dirty Wade Phillips defense (wasn't it the Seahawk player that cheap-shotted Donald out of bounds?)

Those people are ignorant

fearsomefour

Legend

What is this being brought to the table?
Logic and facts......it can't be.
Donald deserved to be fined as did Britt.
I'm surprised it wasn't more as Donald initiated after the game.
No suspension, that's all that matters.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Britt is bitch... and he probably #12'ed in his pants when he saw THAT BAD MAN coming straight for him.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I know we in Rams Land have not liked the 49's for decades, but the Seahawks and their fans may be taking the torch in terms of the ultimate bitter rivalry.

Seahawks took the torch 3 years ago in my opinion! Hate em.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Good luck to the Chiefs if they try to tick AD off. Angry AD will spend the game pounding Mahomes into the turf.

And racking up roughing penalties?

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Agreed. It's getting old. Looking at the stats I posted above, it doesn't bear out.

Well, maybe. Comparing absolute numbers of penalties called doesn't address how many aren't being called against any particular team, for example, which is a big part of the complaint here. AD seems to have to fight through holding in various forms on a regular basis--sometimes it seems like he's just so fast even the holds are hard to see until replay.