Latest Mock from walterfootball.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This needs to happen regardless of FA IMO. Do this today! lol

yeah i just looked further into the mock and he has us addressing the secondary with the extra pick received from the trade down

ramsb_logo.gif
St. Louis Rams: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
OhioState_logo.gif

The Rams acquired this selection from the proposed Jadeveon Clowney trade, as noted in Round 1. Bradley Roby's stock is on the rise after a strong Combine. St. Louis will definitely consider him atop Round 2, as the disappointing Cortland Finnegan due $9 million next year.

so yeah, count me in. I'm definitely more than okay with this

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I'd question the wisdom of taking Roby in the second when Su'a-Filo is still available, but I could live with that draft- even though I'd prefer to take Clinton-Dix at #13.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
LINK

5 round draft - Trade for #2 pick with Atlanta.

Round 1 - #6 Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
Clemson_logo.gif

The Rams are considering Khalil Mack or Sammy Watkins if they stay at No. 2 overall, so they'd obviously choose the latter if he made it to the sixth-overall selection. The reason is obvious - St. Louis needs to give Sam Bradford as many weapons as possible, and outside of Tavon Austin (and perhaps Kenny Britt if he can stay healthy and get his act together), the receiving corps is pretty barren. I'm sure the Rams would prefer not to go wideout in the first round two years in a row, but Watkins is unquestionably the best player available, and the front office likes him a lot.

Round 1 - #13 Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
MichiganState_logo.gif

St. Louis' dream scenario would be to trade down from No. 2 to No. 6, snatch Sammy Watkins with the sixth pick and then take Taylor Lewan or a top defensive back here. That's exactly what happened in this mock draft update.

Darqueze Dennard probably makes the most sense if Gilbert is off the board and Jeff Fisher wants to hold off on a tackle in the first round, which is his M.O. Dennard would fill a huge hole vacated by the anemic Cortland Finnegan, who was inexplicably given a big contract by the Dolphins. Ram fans had to be laughing at that one.

Round 2 - #37 Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
Virginia_logo.gif

Many just assume the Rams will select a tackle in the first round, but that would go against Jeff Fisher's philosophy. Perhaps Fisher will want to add insurance for Jake Long on Day 2.

Round 2 - #44 Dion Bailey, S, USC
USC_logo.gif

St. Louis' defense came on late in the season, but it struggled at times during the year for a couple of reasons. One was the play of safety Rodney McLeod. He wasn't terrible, but it's clear that the Rams need to find an upgrade next to T.J. McDonald.

Round 3 - #75 Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU
LSU_logo.gif

The Rams should think about drafting a quarterback on Day 2 just in case Sam Bradford continues to be mediocre (and injury-prone).

Round 4 - 111 Dakota Dozier, G, Furman
Furman_logo.gif

The Rams still have a hole at one of the guard positions, even after retaining Rodger Saffold.

Round 5 - #153 Ed Stinson, DE/DT, Alabama
Alabama_logo.gif

The Rams may want to add some depth on the defensive line, and perhaps a successor for Kendall Langford in a year or two.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Love him. I think he'd be a great fit and make our defensive line even scarier.

Absolutely! Both lines dominate if we start like this. FS next & CB in the 3rd or 4th - we're good to go