Latest Mock from walterfootball.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In his latest mock Walt has us trading with Atlanta down to 6 and taking Jake Matthews, and Aaron Donald at 13. I thought this was a very interesting take as its the first I've seen the rams selecting Donald. It could make some sense, some people think Donald would be a dominant force and it would sure up or Dline for years to come. Thoughts?
ramsb_logo.gif
St. Louis Rams: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
TexasAM_logo.gif
The Rams will be more than happy to trade down to the fifth, sixth or even eighth pick. Not only will they acquire more selections; they'll be able to nab Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews or Sammy Watkins with those choices.
  1. Jeff Fisher usually isn't one to take an offensive lineman early, but Jake Long's return for the 2014 is questionable. That's troubling, given that the Rams need to keep the fragile Sam Bradford healthy if they want to compete in the best division in football. Jake Matthews, once the consensus No. 1 tackle, could be good enough for Fisher to make an exception to his rule.
ramsb_logo.gif
St. Louis Rams: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh_logo.gif

St. Louis doesn't need a defensive tackle in the short term, but keep two things in mind with this pick. First, Aaron Donald is the best player available. He had a dominant 2013 campaign and has since strengthened his draft stock with strong showing at the Senior Bowl and Combine. Second, Kendall Langford will be due $6 million in a walk year in 2015, so this could be his final season as a Ram.

Last edited:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm all about any improvement on both sides of the ball. This would certainly do it.
I will say though, I've been a fan of Matthews for some time, but the more and more I watch of Robinson he's my pick. Just looks like a stone wall.

A55VA6

Legend
Meh.. I like Robinson more. And no CB or Safety in 1st round? Donald is good but I'd be concerned not grabbing one of the top players in the secondary

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm all about any improvement on both sides of the ball. This would certainly do it.
I will say though, I've been a fan of Matthews for some time, but the more and more I watch of Robinson he's my pick. Just looks like a stone wall.

In this mock Robinson was gone going to the raiders at 5 overall.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh.. I like Robinson more. And no CB or Safety in 1st round? Donald is good but I'd be concerned not grabbing one of the top players in the secondary

Robinson was off the board at 5th overall in this mock and I do agree we need help in secondary but I have a feeling we will address that in FA tomorrow. It might come down to value over positional need

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

I know how you feel but the plan may be to land Verner or Byrd in FA and with a trade down for extra picks, you could move back into the bottom half of the 1st round and still get a stud DB.

A55VA6

Legend
I just hate looking at mocks until FA is over. It all changes so much. haha.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just hate looking at mocks until FA is over. It all changes so much. haha.

Definitely agree. what do you think of Aaron Donald as a prospect though?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, unless teams go QB crazy neither of them will last very long.

obviously depends on what we get out of the trade down but trading below 6 puts us in real danger of missing out on both matthews or robinson

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would I not like drafting linemen??? All good!

Kinda how I'm starting to feel although I still love Sammy Watkins. I just think lineman are a much safer pick.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I hate Walter football. They just cant resist taking any opportunity to criticise Bradford. I'd call it more than a little harsh calling him "the fragile Sam Bradford".

On this occasion, though, i will eat a bit of crow. This is pretty much my perfect draft scenario.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate Walter football. They just cant resist taking any opportunity to criticise Bradford. I'd call it more than a little harsh calling him "the fragile Sam Bradford".

On this occasion, though, i will eat a bit of crow. This is pretty much my perfect draft scenario.

Yeah I'm up and down on the site, guy definitely puts in a ton of work keeping his site updated and thats why i use it. Cant argue either, this would be pretty ideal

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think this would be a good way to start the draft if it were to play out with the Rams getting at least the 6 and 37 from Atl might want a second next year too??

#6 Matthews would be a great player to add to the OL this year and for the next decade. As indicated there is no guarantee Long will be back by the beginning of 2014. The #1 priority for the Rams right now has got to be protecting Bradford.

#13 Donald did well at the combine and as Jrry has been touting could be a force in the middle collapsing the pocket and making our DLine down right scary.

#37 Yanky/Su'a Filo/Prior/Matthews (WR)

#44 Martin (USC)/Benjamin/Mason???

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think this would be a good way to start the draft if it were to play out with the Rams getting at least the 6 and 37 from Atl might want a second next year too??

#6 Matthews would be a great player to add to the OL this year and for the next decade. As indicated there is no guarantee Long will be back by the beginning of 2014. The #1 priority for the Rams right now has got to be protecting Bradford.

#13 Donald did well at the combine and as Jrry has been touting could be a force in the middle collapsing the pocket and making our DLine down right scary.

#37 Yanky/Su'a Filo/Prior/Matthews (WR)

#44 Martin (USC)/Benjamin/Mason???

I think in order to make this more feasible we need to address the secondary in FA, which i think we will

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Any idea what we can expect as compensation for trading down to 6?

This is walterfootballs draft chart that @BonifayRam http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php showed me a little while back. That adds up to about 2 second rounders. Who knows though anymore. There's a million hypothetical situations. Just depends on leverage of position, and how bad a team wants a specific player.

Last edited: