Lafleur and McVay would argue in meetings - lafleur would challenge him often.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
The only day I don’t like the Rams is Saturday but every other day we like you guys and have a great deal of respect for you all.

I have a lot of family that are Pack fans, I like that team too just not when we play you as well haha. I hope we win but if the Packers advance I'll be rooting for them

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i have been wanting some competition for goff not because i dislike goff but i think him being sure of the starting position does not bring out his best.

can we please not fucking argue about goff in this thread.

excuse my language but yall don't need to start a back and forth in this thread.

its already in 10 threads.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
true we don't know that it isn't now - nor do we know if lafleur challenging mcvay made any measurable difference.

But it's something to consider.
The whole thing is silly. All I know is the Rams became better without him, Tennessee got worse with him and Green Bay did neither.
Take Rodgers off that team and we'll know what he's made of.
And trading up for QB in the first round has to be one of the dumbest decisions a team can make.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Isnt the title that they argued in meetings?

Coaches have only meetings bro. It didn't specify. Generally coaches have meetings for gaming planning then all get on the same page and meet with the players. So I doubt they argued in front of players.

Ellard80

Legend
The whole thing is silly. All I know is the Rams became better without him, Tennessee got worse with him and Green Bay did neither.
And trading up for QB in the first round has to be one of the dumbest decisions a team can make.

You really are focusing a lot on lafleur and his accomplishements.

Like i honestly could give a flying fuck about lafleur or what he has done since he left.

My point was that maybe mcvay doesn't have anyone to challenge him like he used to and that is one of the reasons why we have become more and more predictable.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You really are focusing a lot on lafleur.

Like i honestly could give a flying fuck about lafleur or what he has done since he left.

My point was that maybe mcvay doesn't have anyone to challenge him like he used to and that is one of the reasons why we have become more and more predictable.
This is a valid point it is always good to have someone willing to challenge you and potentially force you to look at something in a light you had not considered. Too many Yes men can certainly create predictable outcomes. Whether or not all we have are yes men or not I have no idea honestly.

However, I think he predictability of our offense is more likely due to personnel more so than a lack of differing opinions. It was much easier to be unpredictable with a top flight O line, a rb defenses were terrified of in Gurley that demanded them to respect the play action, and a WR who‘s speed commanded respect. We are limited in what we can do because of what we have on the roster currently. McVay and CO have done an amazing job remaining competitive while losing those players but I think as fans we forget that you can’t just lose Todd Gurley and not feel it. You can’t just lose a dynamic option like cooks and not feel it. You can’t just lose a pro bowl guard a solid center And have an overall worse o line where one of the best used to be and not feel it.

Ellard80

Legend
This is a valid point it is always good to have someone willing to challenge you and potentially force you to look at something in a light you had not considered. Too many Yes men can certainly create predictable outcomes. Whether or not all we have are yes men or not I have no idea honestly.

However, I think he predictability of our offense is more likely due to personnel more so than a lack of differing opinions. It was much easier to be unpredictable with a top flight O line, a rb defenses were terrified of in Gurley that demanded them to respect the play action, and a WR who‘s speed commanded respect. We are limited in what we can do because of what we have on the roster currently. McVay and CO have done an amazing job remaining competitive while losing those players but I think as fans we forget that you can’t just lose Todd Gurley and not feel it. You can’t just lose a dynamic option like cooks and not feel it. You can’t just lose a pro bowl guard a solid center And have an overall worse o line where one of the best used to be and not feel it.

yeah i dont honestly know if it has had any affect - its more likley just one of many factors that have added up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You really are focusing a lot on lafleur and his accomplishements.

Well I think LaFleur is a prick and an overrated coach. So it wouldn’t surprise me if he was being a dick and that’s why they had no problem letting him go.
Since we have literally no idea what this arguing was, who it involved and what audience it had, there’s no point in saying that it was beneficial.

Ellard80

Legend
Well I think LaFleur is a prick and an overrated coach. So it wouldn’t surprise me if he was being a dick and that’s why they had no problem letting him go.
Since we have literally no idea what this arguing was, who it involved and what audience it had, there’s no point in saying that it was beneficial.

but there is a point - because sometimes even great minds need outside challenges. I heard in a couple interviews that him and lafleur would go back and forth and argue about things. Yeah i dont know the EXACT specifics but they were both offensive coaches... so i can make some resonable inferences....

Why do you think lafleur is a prick? I honestly haven't heard the guy hardly speak until the last two days.

BTW him and lafleur are like brothers.... Mcvay used to be like the 3rd wheel with lafleur and his wife and go everywhere.

They are super close. Lafleur left because he was never going to get a head coaching job without being a play caller.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
but there is a point - because sometimes even great minds need outside challenges. I heard in a couple interviews that him and lafleur would go back and forth and argue about things. Yeah i dont know the EXACT specifics but they were both offensive coaches... so i can make some resonable inferences....

Why do you think lafleur is a prick? I honestly haven't heard the guy hardly speak until the last two days.

BTW him and lafleur are like brothers.... Mcvay used to be like the 3rd wheel with lafleur and his wife and go everywhere.

They are super close. Lafleur left because he was never going to get a head coaching job without being a play caller.
I think LaFleur is a prick.
and exchanging ideas is not arguing.
arguing paints the picture that LaFleur was challenging him at every turn. And that fits his M.O.
Yeah, I know all about their relationship I saw the video. Laf thinks he’s some sort of genius but he isn’t. He did a lousy job in Tennessee and was in a power struggle with Aaron Rodgers. What a Dumbass.
The team is/was better off without him, so I don’t think his input is missed.

Ellard80

Legend
I think LaFleur is a prick.
and exchanging ideas is not arguing.
arguing paints the picture that LaFleur was challenging him at every turn. And that fits his M.O.
Yeah, I know all about their relationship I saw the video. Laf thinks he’s some sort of genius but he isn’t. He did a lousy job in Tennessee and was in a power struggle with Aaron Rodgers. What a Dumbass.
The team is/was better off without him, so I don’t think his input is missed.

I'm going to be honest - looks to me like you got pissed when he left and have built up this dislike of him ever since.

also exchanging ideas is not arguing... cmon dude... it's nowhere near that simple.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to be honest - looks to me like you got pissed when he left and have built up this dislike of him ever since.

also exchanging ideas is not arguing... cmon dude... it's nowhere near that simple.
Not at all. I think he's over rated, mistakenly gets credited here for the team's success, and what happened this year with the draft was a joke. Not for nothing, he's also the head coach for the team the Rams are playing in a couple days. So why you're so insisting on giving this jack ass creds this week is bewildering to me. Screw em. I'm not a fan of any coach standing in the way of the next round

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at all. I think he's over rated, mistakenly gets credited here for the team's success, and what happened this year with the draft was a joke. Not for nothing, he's also the head coach for the team the Rams are playing in a couple days. So why you're so insisting on giving this jack ass creds this week is bewildering to me. Screw em. I'm not a fan of any coach standing in the way of the next round
I get where you're coming from here. But the bottom line for me is that I seriously doubt there is ever a moment where McVay is not in charge of this team's focus. Whether it's a team meeting or a coach meeting. So that means in a team meeting there is no way his coaches would be disrespectful to him. And in a coach meeting the same applies though there's probably more room for giving his friend shit.

Basically I think you're overanalyzing this. :beer2::cool:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Basically I think you're overanalyzing this. :beer2::cool:
I think LaFleur is a dickhead
I'm not analyzing anything, to me its pretty clear
Eff him, no idea why anyone is on his jock, particularly this week of all weeks

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Who said they ever did it in front of players?
As a business owner some of our companies great achievements is because someone challenged me and disagreed w me. A successful business is never about being the smartest guy in the room but about collaboration. Sounds like Lefuart gave mcvay a run for his money. Good for him.
Lafuart :ROFLMAO: International or not I giggled

jacktheripper85

Starter

I think a lot of people focus on why Green Bay traded up and got a QB in first round when they have Rodgers thinking it was a foolish move.

On the flip side for the first time in a while Rodgers showed up at every practice this year focused, stopped his bitching for a change and led his team to the #1 seed and will probably win MVP. So, if you look at the ancillary benefits that pick achieved would you have a different opinion considering it had an obvious effect on Rodgers attitude and performance?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think LaFleur is a dickhead
I'm not analyzing anything, to me its pretty clear
Eff him, no idea why anyone is on his jock, particularly this week of all weeks
I don't know the guy so can't comment there. But get on with your bad self man. :beer2:

Ellard80

Legend
Lafleur is like perhaps McVays best friend... so while I really dont know him its going to take more... than.....

basically nothing for me to have some rar rar hatred of him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a lot of people focus on why Green Bay traded up and got a QB in first round when they have Rodgers thinking it was a foolish move.

On the flip side for the first time in a while Rodgers showed up at every practice this year focused, stopped his bitching for a change and led his team to the #1 seed and will probably win MVP. So, if you look at the ancillary benefits that pick achieved would you have a different opinion considering it had an obvious effect on Rodgers attitude and performance?
That is the spinniest of all spin moves... You know what would have made Rodgers happy? Drafting Claypool, or Tee Higgins, maybe even a Edwards-Helaire. If anyone thinks his great season is because he felt heat from drafting Love, that's just silly.

jacktheripper85

Starter
That is the spinniest of all spin moves... You know what would have made Rodgers happy? Drafting Claypool, or Tee Higgins, maybe even a Edwards-Helaire. If anyone thinks his great season is because he felt heat from drafting Love, that's just silly.

Not looking to argue with you but a guy I work with is a huge Packers fan and is a regular on their message board like us so he hears slot of things we don’t. I can tell you that the consensus in GB is that pick pissed him off and he had a totally different attitude than in prior years. Practiced and played with a big chip on his shoulder. So take it for what it’s worth.