Lacanfora tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
This is no surprising news, and it's actually smart management. Rams will not just simply release Bradford, so just let them explore the trade market, receive offers, and make a decision. This could only benefit the Rams if a team is willing to trade for him and take on that contract and injury concerns. Rams would probably settle for no less than a 4th-5th round pick.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is why I hate twitter.

No sources... not even anonymous ones.

Just throw a tweet out there and watch the fun!

One on hand, I love that we get more information about our favorite team quickly.

OTOH, this stuff is silly.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm not being funny but Bradford has earned enough money sitting in the sidelines doing F all.

He owes this team, he owes the fans. He already has more than enough money to last him a life time. How about helping the team out for a year and taking a smaller deal Sam?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
La Canfora is an idiot. Everything he says, assume the opposite is true. It works almost 100% of the time.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Just spitballin here but does anyone think Sam our first for Tenn. 1st?

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Les Snead: I can’t say Sam Bradford’s on top of the depth chart
Posted by Josh Alper on February 18, 2015, 2:49 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptbjoge3zmjkmzk1mdq3nde3nzy1mgrmmtq0y2myodm2-e1424288986576.jpeg
Getty Images
Rams coach Jeff Fisher said recently that quarterback Sam Bradford had input intothe changes on the team’s offensive coaching staff, which were highlighted by the promotion of Frank Cignetti from quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator.

Fisher said Cignetti wouldn’t have gotten the job if Bradford offered a strong objection and added that previous hints that the team wanted to bring in competition for Bradford weren’t about “challenging” a player that Fisher talked about as if he were on top of the depth chart. That approach doesn’t seem like one destined to make restructuring Bradford’s $13 million salary in 2015 an easy task, which may be why General Manager Les Snead went in a different direction on Wednesday’s edition of PFT Live.

Snead said that the team wants to have Bradford back in 2015 and that he plans to “chat” with the quarterback’s representatives about his contract, but stopped well short of saying that Bradford’s definitely the starter upon returning from two torn ACLs.

“I can’t say he’s top of the depth chart because he’s missed 25 [of the last 32] games,” Snead said.

Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports reports that Bradford’s been given the green light to explore possible trades, although his current contract and medical uncertainty make it hard to imagine that too many teams will be lining up to give St. Louis assets for the right to acquire Bradford. If the Rams and Bradford can agree on a deal that cuts his salary while offering the ability to make some or all of it back through incentives, his return for a sixth year in St. Louis seems like the likeliest outcome.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
My only concern is why is there a disconnect here. Is Bradford camp balking at redoing his contract? So what happens if there is a 2nd round offer for him and the team looking to trade for him says they will pay him 4 years 60M for example. I doubt we make the trade and I doubt we cut him. So he plays out his contract?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Or a Sam for Glennon swap.

I don't think any team would be willing to give much up for Bradford with two ACL tears. If he was playing at an elite level prior to the injuries? Maybe then. But he was middle of the pack and always showed promise but never fully realized it. So going off of that what team will be willing to offer him above what Snead already knows is fair?

I hate that the Rams have to rely on him again. I cant imagine any other GM or coach putting themselves into the same lousy situation that the Rams are in having to keep their fingers crossed with each and every hit on the QB.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not being funny but Bradford has earned enough money sitting in the sidelines doing F all.

He owes this team, he owes the fans. He already has more than enough money to last him a life time. How about helping the team out for a year and taking a smaller deal Sam?

i'm pretty sure players would prefer to be training and playing rather than rehabbing a torn acl two years straight. it's not like he's been sitting on his arse every day.

sam owes the team nothing. just like the team owes sam nothing. in the end it will always come down to a business decision.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is no surprising news, and it's actually smart management. Rams will not just simply release Bradford, so just let them explore the trade market, receive offers, and make a decision. This could only benefit the Rams if a team is willing to trade for him and take on that contract and injury concerns. Rams would probably settle for no less than a 4th-5th round pick.

With no better option why would they settle for a 4th or 5th round pick? I would rather take my chances with Bradford and shore up the OL to keep him upright. Have a backup plan in place of course, but really there is no other way they can go but to keep him and hope he stays healthy.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Starting Saturday the Rams will fall in love with Hundley. Maybe even more so that J. Football.
They will talk him up and work him out looking for a trade down at a high price. Eagles most likely.