LA Rams have a good draft class to find a center

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Oline hater
1618341269065.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At 6-foot-6 and 335 pounds, you can pick your cliche to insert here: a mountain of a man, a grizzly bear of a man, a behemoth of a man, a human fireplug, a Titan. There’s no denying he’s a massive mauler, whose style of ferocious play reminds NFL scouts of the Indianapolis Colts’ Quenton Nelson.
Dickerson is so nasty. It's hard to find a guy in any year who has put more defenders on their asses than that dude.

But that injury history. It's a difficult call if he's there at 57 man not gonna lie. But IMO this is the kind of guy who would change the makeup of our line assuming he can play a full season for us.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
They’re picking a cheerleader :zany:
I've done some extensive scouting of college cheerleaders and think this would be a good year to pick up a couple.
But, like our offensive linemen, these girls are going to need some extensive coaching up by myself and a little time in the weight room.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Why ? Meinerz could likely start at LG from Day 1, giving him an entire season to learn the Center calls for later use.
I could see Right Guard maybe if he beats out Bobby Evans after they slide Austin Corbett over to Center. ;)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I believe Meinerz played LG for most of his collegiate career. Evans has done nothing in my eyes as an OG, so i'd prefer moving Edwards back to RG where he played quite well for much of the 2019 season. jmo.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Dickerson is so nasty. It's hard to find a guy in any year who has put more defenders on their asses than that dude.

But that injury history. It's a difficult call if he's there at 57 man not gonna lie. But IMO this is the kind of guy who would change the makeup of our line assuming he can play a full season for us.

This is exactly where I am at with Dickerson. The medicals would need to be sufficient for me to pick him.

Those big braces on his knees. I dunno.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
By that same token, nor should there be a problem having an experienced on roster guard move to take over OC (AT, Corbett, etc.).

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/19/rams-lions-matthew-stafford-frank-ragnow-read-defense/

So apparently Stafford is great at reading defenses and line calls, so good that he was ahead of his C in Detroit. Having a rookie at C shouldn't be a problem then.
Or a player already on the roster whos bigger/stronger than Blythe but who's football IQ at the center position is not good. I believe Stafford gives the Rams more flexibility at the center position.

dang

Legend
McVay made his boldest move yet with his trade for Stafford. Part of me is thinking he will make sure he gives Stafford every opportunity to succeed. Any shortcomings will reflect poorly on McVays decision. A big part of ensuring success is to protect Stafford during pass plays and to establish an effective run game to balance the attack. With that said I know he has a plan on building a dominant OL to ensure success. That means a succession plan for Whit at LT and a much stronger dominant IOL. I am eager to see how that takes shape for the remainder of this offseason.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McVay made his boldest move yet with his trade for Stafford. Part of me is thinking he will make sure he gives Stafford every opportunity to succeed. Any shortcomings will reflect poorly on McVays decision. A big part of ensuring success is to protect Stafford during pass plays and to establish an effective run game to balance the attack. With that said I know he has a plan on building a dominant OL to ensure success. That means a succession plan for Whit at LT and a much stronger dominant IOL. I am eager to see how that takes shape for the remainder of this offseason.

I think 2020 is the important years.