LA Rams have a good draft class to find a center

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I am think CB, OT and OLB as first three picks. Not necessarily in that order.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's what they said about the 2018 draft when we picked Brian Allen.

I'll believe the quality when I see it.

Though I do think they'll take a center after the fourth round.
Allen was the 6th C taken in that draft, hardly the same thing as the Rams possibly having their top ranked C on the board at 57

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Allen was the 6th C taken in that draft, hardly the same thing as the Rams possibly having their top ranked C on the board at 57
That's probably why I didn't say that.

I just remember them saying what a great draft it was for Centers and the Rams ended up picking Allen.

And you don't know they're going to take a center at 57 and I would bet you that we're not.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Feels like a big difference to me watching these centers then watching some of the other possibilities at 57. But the need is great so hard to blame them for taking one there if they go that route.

JRobinson

MiLB
All I know is I don’t want it to be Allen. Too many times I’ve seen the wrestler guy get smashed back in the lap of Goff. That dude is depth at best right now.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I for one think 3rd rd will be the earliest pick used on OC. I think corner or front 7 will be their 1st draft pick.
I wonder if Les decides not to trade up & down again due to pandemic and missed college games. 20 more days until Xmas

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I for one think 3rd rd will be the earliest pick used on OC. I think corner or front 7 will be their 1st draft pick.
I wonder if Les decides not to trade up & down again due to pandemic and missed college games. 20 more days until Xmas
Agreed. I'm predicting a mob of pissed off ROD'ers on draft day when we draft another WR before we draft a Center or ILB.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think that the Rams believe that their starting OC is already on the roster.

If that’s true, don’t expect an OC to be drafted until the 5th round, if at all.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that the Rams believe that their starting OC is already on the roster.

If that’s true, don’t expect an OC to be drafted until the 5th round, if at all.
I aint gonna lie, your words cut deep ~ ROD

VfH8pw8.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There couldn't be a better class to find a center than this one. If the Rams don't take advantage of it, I will be disappointed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Agreed. I'm predicting a mob of pissed off ROD'ers on draft day when we draft another WR before we draft a Center or ILB.

Not a bad bet.

I believe we will try hard to trade down at our first pick, despite a desired player there. And... yeah, we will erupt! :D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not a bad bet.

I believe we will try hard to trade down at our first pick, despite a desired player there. And... yeah, we will erupt! :D
The Rams M.O. seems to be that they cover their bets and gambles as well as their future needs and FA losses. Desean Jackson is a band aid for the speed & deep threat need and IMO they know it. Getting a full year from him is a gamble and the Rams value the position highly.

CB is also a good bet to be addressed early. Williams steps in for the departed Hill, but DWill couldn't be extended long term this year, making it a gamble that they can get it done in 2022.
The Long pick hasn't panned out. The Rams value CB very highly as well, throwing assets & high effort at the elite CB1 with Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib...until scoring big with Ramsey.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Creed Humphreys has been my favourite center throughout the process
He was mine as well, until I found out he has very short arms for his size
he is 6' 4" with 32.25” arm length. He could struggle with longer defenders.

My favorite is Meinerz he is 6' 3" with 33.375” but unfortunately he probably won't make it to 57.
I prefer a shorter guy with a long wingspan. Shorter for better leverage and having a good
enough wingspan so he can't be locked out by longer DL and Backers.

I think if Meinrez is there at 57 we grab him, If not we grab one with one of the three's
Of course as usual Snead may have a wild card in his pocket

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Desean Jackson is a band aid for the speed & deep threat need and IMO they know it. Getting a full year from him is a gamble and the Rams value the position highly.

Every year a team needs to band aid something. This year at least one of those band aids is deep WR. They may draft one, but Jackson ensures we got it covered.

(y)