LA Rams 2022 rookie class: Projecting the roster battles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
They never update the weight stats.
A guy will be drafted at say, 278 lbs.
He will be in his 10th year in the league and still listed the same weight even though his whole body has changed and he's likely closer to 350 lbs or whatever.
Agree. That's been a thing for decades; and I have never understood why.

Usually reliable sources, including Team and League sponsored-sites generally fail to up-date a player's weight.

Quick example, last night I was watching some of the Rams-Seahawks late-season-game. Seattle interior-DL Al Woods ... a really good veteran run-stuffer ... was having a strong game. The announcers commented that he is listed at 330 but seemed much heavier, so they asked him prior to the game about his weight. Woods proudly told them he was playing at 347.

Not a huge deal but as a die-hard-fan, I would like to know a player's age, height and an accurate weight.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Demby & Noteboom they are both better examples than a couple of your Ram choices .
Except that Noteboom is a pure tackle only and sucked as a Guard and Demby is barely in the league with his abilities.

So yeah.
Other than that.....yeah..... those are great examples you gave.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
By-the-Way, Alaric Jackson is wearing Whitworth's #77
A lot to live up to there.
Hope he's a steal.. his success last season is kinda overblown.. but the fact that he did decent as a UDFA is promising.. and he's got prototype traits.

(although.. I have no idea how long his arms really are)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Except that Noteboom is a pure tackle only and sucked as a Guard and Demby is barely in the league with his abilities.

So yeah.
Other than that.....yeah..... those are great examples you gave.
Like I said I always thought Noteboom could play guard,but wasn’t worth the risk. Yeah - agree he is more of a pure tackle.What point do you really know converting player & like Demby if they can stick in The NFL. Those are perfect examples of Les Freaking Snead drafting OT & trying them at guard.

Logan Bruss should be an excellent guard.There is enough there to go by.
The Rams got lucky & Sean Mcvay knows it & would have never forgiven Les Snead if he got away.
Anchrum was a 7th rd pick that might start the season at RG.
- What about Bobby Evans ?

Whatever you want to prove there are even more examples of it.Who knows what happens still.Yes I saw Demby & Noteboom In training camp. Yelled at them 2 or 3 times because they couldn’t even get the snap count right. That was Goff’s & the O’Lines bread & butter with Mcvay early. Big difference than in the Fisher days.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well it started with Aaron Kromer & you have to add Demby & Noteboom because they are both better examples than a couple of your Ram choices .
Zak Kromer is still around,but Les has taken more towards that concept. Bruss is a good example.I don’t know about Shelton’s college days. I know Bonifay’d would though.
Yeppers (a real corny/ nerdy /uncool way to convey yes) & as expected it's true Alligator arms Shelton did have several starts @ both OT posts in the college. Shelton excelled @ starting in all five OL posts in college in fact. Surprisingly he was successful @ OT. But he always returned to Alligator Hole @ Centerville as his best performing stage.

I read an article about his vegan diet, his weight is legit. In this article it lists him at 315lbs, I believe he dropped some more.

I would strongly disagree with this type of diet for NFL OL'ers ......Alaric has a history of showing up on the field having a midsection as best described as an easy rolling moving bumpy 10-ply massive tire. Alaric has the luxury of being blessed with an overall extra-long length & over 6-7 inches tall for an OT .......he should get with Havenstein to manage to work through his frame over time. A good example of a young OT Rob Havenstein in college comes close in comparisons.

I know that Vikings' game Jackson did not appear slim in any way & his performance was almost dominating on each snap....not sure why to worry about that belly. Just continue to exercise hard & eat whatever gives you the energy to build on your power & beat fatigue to keep your mind sharp to work on the technical side of his game.

I am really comfortable with the new 2022 combo of Noteboom/Jackson @ LT.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I know that Vikings' game Jackson did not appear slim in any way & his performance was almost dominating on each snap....not sure why to worry about that belly. Just continue to exercise hard & eat whatever gives you the energy to build on your power & beat fatigue to keep his mind sharp on technic. I am really comfortable with the new 2022 combo of Noteboom/Jackson @ LT.
Both of us know that the key to their success will be heath. That's truly the only issue Noteboom has because he's fantastic in pass protection and has been improving his run blocking. Jackson provides good insurance and hopefully he will continue to improve and not take a step back this year. Keep in mind David Edwards was moved to LT in that Vikings game and Shelton was playing LG until the injury to Allen, which moved those two (Edwards & Shelton) back to their respective positions thrusting Jackson to LT for his successful debut.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Guards and tackles use that belly and ass as extra weight to throw into a block.

It looks like to me that if you took away Jackson's belly he would weigh 285 lb.

Jackson looks like a steal.

Anchor 'em looks like a steal.

Jack Snyder may be our next steal in that mold.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Both of us know that the key to their success will be heath. That's truly the only issue Noteboom has because he's fantastic in pass protection and has been improving his run blocking. Jackson provides good insurance and hopefully he will continue to improve and not take a step back this year. Keep in mind David Edwards was moved to LT in that Vikings game and Shelton was playing LG until the injury to Allen, which moved those two (Edwards & Shelton) back to their respective positions thrusting Jackson to LT for his successful debut.

Wondering if there is any salary cap savings for cutting Bobby Evans or the cost ?

I’m predicting The Rams keep only 8 O’Lineman on the 53 during the season. Then again this is a prediction before trading camp & preseason has even started.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeppers (a real corny/ nerdy /uncool way to convey yes) & as expected it's true Alligator arms Shelton did have several starts @ both OT posts in the college. Shelton excelled @ starting in all five OL posts in college in fact. Surprisingly he was successful @ OT. But he always returned to Alligator Hole @ Centerville as his best performing stage.

I would strongly disagree with this type of diet for NFL OL'ers ......Alaric has a history of showing up on the field having a midsection as best described as an easy rolling moving bumpy 10-ply massive tire. Alaric has the luxury of being blessed with an overall extra-long length & over 6-7 inches tall for an OT .......he should get with Havenstein to manage to work through his frame over time. A good example of a young OT Rob Havenstein in college comes close in comparisons.

I know that Vikings' game Jackson did not appear slim in any way & his performance was almost dominating on each snap....not sure why to worry about that belly. Just continue to exercise hard & eat whatever gives you the energy to build on your power & beat fatigue to keep your mind sharp to work on the technical side of his game.

I am really comfortable with the new 2022 combo of Noteboom/Jackson @ LT.

All that said. 285? Don’t know who was taking about his new diet? He is wearing 77 so I’m sure it as approved & maybe even given by Whitworth as a jester of good faith as a Ram.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Anchrum not seeing the field in his first 2 seasons says more about him than anything else.
Alaric Jackson got PT as a UDFA rookie… Evans was still ahead of him on depth chart.
He’s popular because he’s a blank slate, imo.

Well, you might want to check out OTA’s ? Bobby Evans might be hard to cut,still Anchrum is getting first team reps as of now .

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well, you might want to check out OTA’s ? Bobby Evans might be hard to cut,still Anchrum is getting first team reps as of now .
I don’t read too much into OTAs as far as standing on the roster goes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don’t read too much into OTAs as far as standing on the roster goes.

Well it’s always good to see what the thought process is early.I put a lot into competition.

It is always interesting to see if you can get a grasp on the direction the team is going to go as far as there roster.

The way the draft went & as well a last season with the practice squad.I could see The Rams going with only 8 offensive lineman.