Kurt Warner breaks down Stafford vs Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That bender to OBJ while taking a shot to the face is legit one of the best throws of the NFL season from any QB. You can almost hear Warner giggle as the ball finds OBJs hands. Orlovsky broke down the same play on Twitter and had the same giddy reaction.
I noticed that too... Watched it a few times with a huge grin on my face.

Kurt, that Ram hating son of a dislexic donkey, nailed everything that makes this offense special..... When they are on their game. Kurt is and always will be a Ram Champion.... LITERALLY.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Kurt Warner’s a tool who is and will always be butt hurt Marc Bulger beat him out. He constantly talks smack about the Rams and seems like he always wants them to lose. He doesn’t like the Rams and said himself he’s more a Cardinal than a Ram. Sorry, I can’t stand the guy.
It was the Rams, Georgia,s Rams who did Kurt wrong. Kurt did not do the Rams wrong.
Greatest QB we ever had. Too short with us. Bulger could not carry his jock.

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
Wow, after watching that, I have a much greater appreciation of Stafford and our receivers.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd guess that if you re-ran the 1999 season with Trent Green running it you'd have a playoff group. But probably don't win it all. Might not be a high seed or whatever. So Kurt definitely was a big part of the success.

But I also think making it all about him is overlooking the impact of DV. Vermiel kind of got hosed IMO. He built that roster bit by bit and weeded out the quitters with brutal camps and what was left was a diamond. Plenty of cred to go around to all involved to include Martz but one thing to consider was that Vermiel was one of the best coaches in the league in Philly. He built that team without high picks too iirc. Then he goes and unfucks the Rams in the face of that ownership and front office which was unbelievable.

It always just sort of bugged me that everyone was all over Martz's nuts that year. Everyone. Even Bill Walsh was quoted talking about how Martz going here or there would be such a big deal. Rams front office fell all over themselves trying to kiss Martz's ass and "anoint" him before DV said fuck it and retired after the big win.

So yeah I get that the movie is probably from Kurt's point of view. But that's only one dude's point of view and it's true there were some really big contributors to that amazing story.
I wish we would have kept Vermeil around. Martz was a very good OC but sucked as a head coach.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah and the drafts too tbh. We had a 3 year run of knowing wtf we were doing in the draft when Vermiel was coach. The very next draft after he retired things returned to "normal."

dang

Legend
Who’s crying? I just don’t like the guy. You’d think a guy would appreciate a team that he revived a SB ring with.
Coming in strong with your 83rd post. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but be ready for an onslaught of rebuttals.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Okay, lol 4 of the "not so sure" responses on one post in this thread??
I said a lot of things. Are you not so sure those were my opinions? Not so sure about all of it? That's hard to believe. Surely you guys must agree he was amazing for us and that things shouldn't have went down that way or that the team around him was amazing.
Leaving a not so sure to a bunch of opinions is like saying "screw you".
- "Okay. Why?"
"Just because"

Great. Thanks, that really helps. I don't get to know what you think, only what you don't think.... but not specifically haha
You just raised my negative award collection by 80%

Happy Holidays! Go Rams!!!
Warner was great!! Kupp should win OPY!!! Asia is the largest continent!!!
USA!! USA!!! Aaron Donald deserves a ring!! Water is 2 parts hydrogen to 1 parts Oxygen!!! What are you "Not So Sure" about now?? Fuck the 49ers and Fire Jay Zygmunt amirite?? For real though, you didn't actually read my earlier post... you saw it was long so you skimmed, you thought you knew and to be honest I can't blame you for skimming as I have a tendency to go on and on and on and on... :sleep:;)Seriously, I mean it most sincerely, Happy Holidays and Go Rams!!!

Last edited:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
So why do they have a rule that stops the the clock if you go backwards? Is it just the way the rule is worded?
NFLs version of the 24 second clock. So you can't inevitably run out a clock by running backwards until you're forced out of bounds.

REV3NGE

Rookie
Name
Adrian
Coming in strong with your 83rd post. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but be ready for an onslaught of rebuttals.
It’s all good. I’m always here reading, I just don’t always post or reply. And that’s all it is, simply my opinion.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You don't remember when Bulger was struggling against the Panthers in the playoffs and Martz wanted to switch to Warner but Warner told Martz that if Bulger was his guy, Bulger needed to continue to battle through that game? Kurt Warner is one of the best human beings to ever play this game. Georgia, Shaw, Zygmunt and Martz drove him out of town. All of them can kick rocks but Warner will always be #1.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion but don't expect to not take heat when you go on a Rams board and call Warner a tool.
I was about as popular when I booed Dan Marino in the Orange Bowl in 1983. They booed Dickerson and I felt the need to retaliate. :bird:

Zodi

Hall of Fame
It’s all good. I’m always here reading, I just don’t always post or reply. And that’s all it is, simply my opinion.

Yeah no ill will man, we're all Rams fans. The Warner/Bulger thing will always be a heated topic between this fanbase for sure.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Okay, lol 4 of the "not so sure" responses on one post in this thread??
I said a lot of things. Are you not so sure those were my opinions? Not so sure about all of it? That's hard to believe. Surely you guys must agree he was amazing for us and that things shouldn't have went down that way or that the team around him was amazing.
Leaving a not so sure to a bunch of opinions is like saying "screw you".
- "Okay. Why?"
"Just because"
1640085233589.png