Kroenke’s silence not helping Rams fans deal with dome dilemma

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Tagging is easy.. Simply start by using @ and without adding a space, start typing the name of the user you are trying to tag. After 3 characters a dropdown list should show you the matching usernames. Simply select one and continue typing.

By tagging someone, it sends that poster an alert informing them they have been mentioned in a post.
Maybe Shane will come back and rehash this for us! I remember the article, just not when he did it.

fearsomefour

Legend
There are two things that jump out at me with your post.

You mentioned the "intentionally too high" proposal of $700M for the renovations. I see this as away of ensuring it would be rejected. Why? Because IF the CVC were to have agreed to the upgrades, the Rams (Kroenke) would have been locked into the lease thru 2025. While the "cost" of the lease is very appealing, at the $250K figure you posted, it also gives the majority of the "gameday" revenue to the city. Hence the $6.7M reported profit.

Now that the proposal has been rejected, and both parties chose not to honor the arbitrator's recommendation, Kroenke is NOW free to negotiate for a new stadium. That includes STL as a potential (probable) location. Which, IMO, is what he has wanted all along. With that stadium in place, which HE would own and control, he gets the same bottom line results. A shiny new stadium, a revenue stream from the parking, concessions, and even the INCREASED VALUE of the franchise because the STADIUM now becomes part of the net worth.

For all of those who continue to think he is willing to BUILD his stadium in LA, pay what most reasonable projections agree would be approaching a $1B relocation fee, all to "increase the value of the franchise" just seem to be trying real hard to find reasons to make this feasible. By the time its all said and done, his COSTS would be in excess of TWO BILLION DOLLARS in LA.

I will not even try to claim I know any more than anyone else as to what he will eventually do. But I am not one to buy into all the conspiracy theories. All the REAL $$$ signs point to staying in STL to be much more "profitable".

Im not claiming to know more than anyone either, just saying LA has the resources to make a good pitch. I do agree a new stadium is the goal no matter where that happens. The city offering $150M in upgrades was almost as disinguinine as the Rams counter offer of $700M. Stan may find the political atmoshpere is just not there to publically fund a private business no matter if its in St. Louis, LA or anywhere else. There is a reason the ownership was willing to spend $700M to get their team to Houston, because it was worth it, different situation however.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Im not claiming to know more than anyone either, just saying LA has the resources to make a good pitch. I do agree a new stadium is the goal no matter where that happens. The city offering $150M in upgrades was almost as disinguinine as the Rams counter offer of $700M. Stan may find the political atmoshpere is just not there to publically fund a private business no matter if its in St. Louis, LA or anywhere else. There is a reason the ownership was willing to spend $700M to get their team to Houston, because it was worth it, different situation however.

Well, even if the "political atmosphere" doesn't appear to be jumping thru hoops at this time, I truly believe at the end of the day, (which is still potentially 2-3 years away), the powers that be, specifically the Governor and Kroenke will find a way to get it done.

As I mentioned earlier, when Bill DeWitt and the Cardinals tried to get his stadium built, they ran into much of the same perceived roadblocks from the local officials and the public $$$. As far fetched as it may have been, there was "talk" of the Cardinals moving out of downtown, if that was what it would take to get Busch Stadium III built.

While promises of Ballpark Village were what eventually made it doable, these same powers that be, found creative ways to get the stadium built. There is nothing that makes me believe that something similar won't get done. And its my feeling, that Kroenke would love to build something similar to Ballpark Village to tie in with his new "dream house" for the Rams. Just a question as to where! And by where, I am talking about downtown STL, or somewhere in the county.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well, even if the "political atmosphere" doesn't appear to be jumping thru hoops at this time, I truly believe at the end of the day, (which is still potentially 2-3 years away), the powers that be, specifically the Governor and Kroenke will find a way to get it done.

As I mentioned earlier, when Bill DeWitt and the Cardinals tried to get his stadium built, they ran into much of the same perceived roadblocks from the local officials and the public $$$. As far fetched as it may have been, there was "talk" of the Cardinals moving out of downtown, if that was what it would take to get Busch Stadium III built.

While promises of Ballpark Village were what eventually made it doable, these same powers that be, found creative ways to get the stadium built. There is nothing that makes me believe that something similar won't get done. And its my feeling, that Kroenke would love to build something similar to Ballpark Village to tie in with his new "dream house" for the Rams. Just a question as to where! And by where, I am talking about downtown STL, or somewhere in the county.
The atmosphere politically not leaning the way of massive public spending for stadiums is everywhere, including LA, that was my point.
The advantage certainly goes to the city that already has the team, whether that is St. Louis or somewhere else. I have said all along I think the Rams will stay in St. Louis, a few less hurdles to over come. But I think it would be a mistake to just write LA off as a non player. It would take a motivated effort (a motivation I dont think is there in LA at this time, politcally speaking) to get it done....time will tell.